Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Older P2 Cable Mod
Quote | Reply
Im considering drilling my 2010 P2C to run cabling behind the stem such as Cody Beals and Tri Rig show. Im curious to hear from anyone who has done this. Id like to know how long you have had it done, how much you ride it, and have you noticed any issues.

Also has anyone even heard of someone who did this, that their frame failed at that point? It looks over engineered in that area but I am not an engineer so I dont really know.

I know Austin TriCyslist has done this mod for a few people. Anyone from there have any input on this?
Quote Reply
Re: Older P2 Cable Mod [~C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did this mod on my SLC and it is great. no issues at all. I made the holes smaller than Nick did as I am running Ilink Mini shift housings so I ended up with 4mm holes instead of 5mm holes. I had a posting about this a long while back so maybe you can find it.
Quote Reply
Re: Older P2 Cable Mod [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool thanks. Looked it up. Nice looks good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it to my P3, and absolutely love it. Getting the far cable ran around the bend in the frame was a little challenging, but once installed, works perfectly. I used Cody and the Tri Rig process to get it done, but in the end, I didn't use any internal housing. I have a lot of the extra Jagwire ferrules if anybody needs any.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
~C wrote:
I know Austin TriCyslist has done this mod for a few people. Anyone from there have any input on this?

I've done it to my wife's frame using the TriRig method. She doesn't ride it a ton since she is a bike racer so is usually on her road bike. I did the mod at the start of the season. Won the State TT, won the state TTT, won all of the local stage race's TTs (Fayetteville, Mineral Wells, Tyler) top 10 at the pro cascade's prologue, 12th in the cascades TT, and most importantly, set the veloway QOM on strava with it.

Anyway yeah it works fine, no issues.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Aug 1, 14 7:34
Quote Reply
Re: Older P2 Cable Mod [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CC officials had no problem w/frame modification?

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Older P2 Cable Mod [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hunh?

what's with those guys these days? Someone finally hit them with the common sense stick?

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure they ever would have noticed or cared about those things. They didn't notice the wheelcover at gila 2012 either. Looks just like a JET Disc when you tape it. Plenty of people do a little drilling to make di2 work on various frames.

MarkyV wrote:
hunh?

what's with those guys these days? Someone finally hit them with the common sense stick?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did they have the rig out tho?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:
did they have the rig out tho?

Oh yes. They were checking reach, saddle setback, and extension rise. They did not check weight on bikes that had disc wheels, and they did not check saddle tilt.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds like there's still some common sense stick beating needing to take place <le sigh>

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
534 miles since the mod, which includes 6 races, no problems so far. I think it helps the shifting since you don't have the cable coming in from the side at an angle.
Quote Reply