Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Old-tech Trainer question. Lemond with Garmin
Quote | Reply
Morning all, first post in a while.

I have an old but perfectly serviceable Lemond DD trainer with a Wattbox. Batteries are fresh.

I have an old Garmin Edge 500, with ANT+.

The Garmin sees the signal from the Wattbox when I pedal, pairs and asks for calibration. Regardless of whether I enter yes or no, subsequently on the main screen where power should be displayed it shows distance.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? How do I get the power to show on the main screen?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Old-tech Trainer question. Lemond with Garmin [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have you actually gone in and set the screen display metrics? In each screen you can choose which metrics to display in the menu. This is not something that changes due to anything being present, it has to be set manually. Hopefully it is something that simple that you can change by going to the menu and choosing the power to be displayed.
Quote Reply
Re: Old-tech Trainer question. Lemond with Garmin [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks, excellent, will try that and report back.

I’m not that brilliant with this kind of stuff. I had the Lemond for 5 years before I even realized it had a WattBox on it....

´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Old-tech Trainer question. Lemond with Garmin [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a similar setup - sometimes the receiving unit can get confused by the Wattbox signal - occasionally comes up as a speed sensor. Hopefully the previous respondent has your issue covered though.

I've also used a Viiiiiiiiivo HRM strap to capture the Wattbox Ant+ signal and transmit it to Bluetooth for Zwift purposes (iPhone or iPad rather than laptop). Mostly works, but also can show a speed rather than a power. Bit of a work around using all this old tech...

Good luck with it!
Quote Reply
Re: Old-tech Trainer question. Lemond with Garmin [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick update: I reselected the screen metrics as you suggested and it’s all sorted.

Many thanks.

BMANX
Quote Reply