Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oh no...the swimsuit edition again
Quote | Reply
Huge debate going on over at tri-newbies.online regarding the swimsuit issue. What's the big deal. I really don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh no...the swimsuit edition again [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i like the cover photo. girl in bathing suit. shocking!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get it either - a celebration of beautiful, strong, athletic bodies - both male and female. What's wrong with that? Some good looking suits too - rather like one of the Nike ones - and more coverage on the ladies than men in many cases (triathlon is the only sport where women wear more than men!)

vogel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri newbies has over the years turned into the whine and complain board.. just keeps getting worse. I didnt hear any big noise made after the altest issue of Amercan Tri came out with a butt shot right on the cover??? it is rather silly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looked good to me. I doen't find much I like in the magazine, so it got me to open it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<Huge debate going on over at tri-newbies.online regarding the swimsuit issue. What's the big deal. I really don't get it. >

It's painfully obvious: A photograph of a woman wearing a tri-suit during and actual race, with a race number, sweat, etc. is a celebration of women shattering the norm and overcoming obstacles thus creating an inspirational figure for all humanity. Take the exact same woman, in the exact same suit, shot through a medium format camera in a semi-stylistic setting and you have a photograph that represents the oppression of women in today's society being forced to conform to a body type image that was created by chauvinist pigs. Don't you get it?
Quote Reply
Re: Oh no...the swimsuit edition again [timberwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh... No, I don't.
Quote Reply
Why no thong? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ladies were pretty well represented this year, but we guys looked kinda soft around the midsection. If I had any issue with it It would be there weren't enough suits. As for the decency issue, Any of those photo's were more modest than what you would find on the cover of Cosmopolitan or red book. I haven't been to the Newbies site, But I would tend to gues they need to spend less time debating swimsuits and spend more time in one.

The Gopher with a Speedo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is it women getting paid for looking good is objectification and exploitation, but Keanu Reeves getting paid to be an "actor" is perfectly acceptable? I think he is being exploited too and it must be stopped immediately.
Quote Reply