Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it going to start on Nov 26 or earlier ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you plan to produce an MTB meter with the proper chainline for a Boost rear hub?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
Do you plan to produce an MTB meter with the proper chainline for a Boost rear hub?
Does It works with a spacer in a boost frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [2107] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how long their spindle is to know if an additional 3mm is possible. But I really don't want that solution, that increases the Q-Factor, and it already feels like you're riding a horse. A native Boost crankset won't increase the Q-Factor.

Right now, I think the Quarq Eagle is the only Boost power crankset, and I don't really want another Quarq. I know ... I know ... they have great CS.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe something like that is in the works but many of the details surrounding the new MTB crankset have not been released...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I missed it further up but what sort of NG cranks qualify for the prologue? I'm curious because every bike I have is equipped with a 24mm/shimano compatible bb and I'd really like to be able to just swap in a pair of Rotor cranks. Also, is the NG spider still circular like the existing Type S? I tell myself between the Type S and my aero chainrings I pick up 5 seconds per 40k :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can someone help me.

What type of Loctite Compounds are used in this video? Is it required or optional? In some forums I read that using two different Loctite Compounds 638 (spline) and 243 (lockring threads). Would only one of them will be adequate?

Installing Power2max Type S for Cervelo, 3D+ & 3D30 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GIjplY9fp0
Last edited by: nenadjev: Nov 9, 16 5:54
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay! All of the road NG models qualify for the Prologue, just keep in mind that you need to also get a Type S in order to qualify for the promotion. The coupon code doesn't get sent immediately, rather it'll be sent in the next 2-3 weeks.

That said, the NG in 110BCD will be round, just as it is with the Type S. The 130BCD model is a different shape.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [nenadjev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thread compound used in that video is Permatex (permanent strength, threadlocker red, #26250). Officially you're supposed to use medium strength Loctite, as per the user manual (pg 35):

Put a few drops of medium thread-locking adhesive (e.g., Loctite 243) on the inside of the lock ring and tighten the lock ring using the specific tool.

Having said that, we started using the stronger compound to help prevent the lock ring from backing off over the course of time, something that can occassionally happen. For this reason, I would say it's also very important to check the lock ring during your annual maintenance. While everything may be fine, it only takes a few seconds to check and can certainly save you a headache out on the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
Sorry for the delay! All of the road NG models qualify for the Prologue, just keep in mind that you need to also get a Type S in order to qualify for the promotion. The coupon code doesn't get sent immediately, rather it'll be sent in the next 2-3 weeks.

That said, the NG in 110BCD will be round, just as it is with the Type S. The 130BCD model is a different shape.

Ok just to clarify, the NG will be available with Rotor cranks? I'm just trying to make the transition as smooth as possible :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct, both 3D and 3D+
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Power2Max on my Cervelo P5 with ROTOR 3D 170mm cranks and 53/39 chainrings. I'm considering shorten my cranks to 160mm. What options do I have?

Remember I could get ROTOR 3D+ 160mm with QXL 52/36 semi-compact chainrings. But apparently I can't find them on your website anymore. Have you discontinued them?

Is there any known issue with QXL (or Osymetric) and RED FD on P5?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Type S Gossamer. FSA rings fit? Or do I need to order the praxis rings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am riding a P2Max type S with Rotor3D+.
Could I remove the P2Max and install it on a Sram S900 crank ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll need to get Praxis rings...The OEM rings that come on FSA cranks won't work on after-market spiders.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [2107] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately not, the interface between those two cranks is quite different.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're able to source 160mm 3D cranks (24mm diameter axle) you could absolutely switch if you have that power meter. That said, you're not able to use a different brand of crank or a Rotor 3D+/3D30/3DF simply because the interface is different between those cranks.

With any power2max you can absolutely use asymmetric chain rings without any problems. You may no longer notice them in the shop primarily because the demand for them went down compared to the Praxis Works rings we carry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the protected Black Friday page become available soon or remain password protected? Looking at options for my gen 2 speed concept

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Tigertater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The details of the Black Friday Sale will be posted tomorrow, and no, you won't need a password at that point ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black Friday sale looks good. Couple questions..do the cranks come with bottom bracket bearings in place? Plan on getting FSA gossamer type S PM with cranks, and praxis rings...just want to make sure I won't have any issues with a Gen2 SpeedCconcept (BB90). Thanks

TT
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Tigertater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only model we carry that comes with the BB bearings is the Campy power meter and cranks. All others will require you to either have, or purchase, the BB bearings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
The only model we carry that comes with the BB bearings is the Campy power meter and cranks. All others will require you to either have, or purchase, the BB bearings.

Got it thanks. So if i were to select the FSA Megaexo BB for bb86 under the drop downs would that work to fit my SC or should I get a different BB to be compatible?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello

What kind of cyclings dynamics does the NG shows ?
It is said Torque and Effectivness ... will we be able to see the forces vector ?
Is a R/L mesure or only a mesure on the right and a estimation for the left ?
Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
The details of the Black Friday Sale will be posted tomorrow, and no, you won't need a password at that point ;)

Tried to order this am - says coupon code expired.
Am I too early? :D DH NEEDS A PM!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your patience. All the codes are working, order away!
Quote Reply

Prev Next