Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [bdungan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a potentially stupid question.

On the P2M Gossamer, can you remove the cranks and use the P2M with another type of cranks down the road, e.g. Rotor?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Tri_Dane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Dane wrote:
I have a potentially stupid question.

On the P2M Gossamer, can you remove the cranks and use the P2M with another type of cranks down the road, e.g. Rotor?

Not at stupid question.

But you can not use P2M Gossamer on other band crankarms. Your powermeter can only be used on FSA Carbon arms or yours Gossamer.

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the reply.

Is there any of the variations that are more flexible than others?

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Tri_Dane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Dane wrote:
Thank you for the reply.

Is there any of the variations that are more flexible than others?

Cheers

No

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just recently purchased a P2M S/ 130 BCD on FSA gossamer crank with the praxis chainrings.

My readings since I've installed it have been very inaccurate. I've compared it to 3 other power measuring devices and it is just off. Both high end and low end. It also bounces around when pedaling at a consistent effort.

Could this be a result of loose chainrings? Could it be incorrect torque on the crank itself? What else can I check?

P2M wants me to send this to Germany to get checked out. Obviously, I find this extremely inconvenient, especially for a crank that I've only had for 2 months.

Thanks,
Jason
Last edited by: jjtris: Mar 2, 16 6:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On august 2014 I bought the original P2M power meter and the Rotor 3D crank to go with it. I recently bought a new bike and had the shop transfer the crank/power meter over. When they transferred it, a bolt/nut on the crank arm broke. They contacted Rotor and Rotor said they haven't made that model with a 24mm spindle in 3 years. So now they have to ship the crank back because it sounds like a design flaw on their part.

2 questions.

1 - have others had this issue?
2 - If they haven't made this type of crank in 3 years, but I bought it 18 months ago, were you guys selling "older model" cranks?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [eeclipse2k2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is the two way bolt/nut on the non drive side arm, I've encountered a similar issue. It is a double threaded bolt that is unique. If you over loosen thinking that will open the bolt you'll ruin it. I was able to get in contact with Rotor USA last year and they had me send the arm in for repair. It cost about 25 dollars or so, but it was as good as new. Since then, I paid more attention to the instructions (I think power2max has a video on their site) and haven't had any issues. You may want to try contacting Rotor directly.

edit: From Rotor's Youtube page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrEXRcZkn34
Last edited by: ctflower: Mar 4, 16 9:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ctflower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya it was on the non drive side. The shop is sending it back for repair. Hopefully no issues after this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a good go finding someone with the same issue but no luck.

I've got the Type S Rotor 3D+ with semi-compact Praxis Works chain rings and Ultegra Di2.

Basically I keep getting my chain stuck between the two chainrings when switching from big to small.

Any thoughts? I can't see how I messed up installing it, I'm running an 11-speed chain and this should all be fine, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [JulesRapanga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JulesRapanga wrote:
I'm running an 11-speed chain and this should all be fine, right?
Who makes your chain? I found that Praxis rings shift poorly with SRAM chains.

https://www.praxiscycles.com/compatibility/
Quote:
NOTE: For the absolute best shifting experience with Praxis Works rings we highly suggest using a KMC™, Shimano™ or Campagnolo™ chain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure the small chainring is facing the correct direction. I had a shop put it on backwards once and experienced exactly the problem you are reporting - the chain would stick between the 2 chainrings when shifting from big to small
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a Wippermann Connex 10S0 11 Speed Chain, which as far as I'm aware is not a bad chain.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my G you're right, how did I mess up something that simple?! Did I somehow read "must face frame" as "must face spider"? Thanks very much
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

just ordered a p2m and got this from the UPS tracking site:

Quote:
03/14/2016 3:16 P.M. A valid ID # (tax, personal, deferment) required for clearance is missing. We're working to obtain this information. / Brokerage released the package. It will be processed through a clearing agency before final release to UPS.
03/14/2016 12:28 P.M. The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / Your package was released by the clearing agency.
03/14/2016 9:12 A.M. A valid ID # (tax, personal, deferment) required for clearance is missing. We're working to obtain this information.

anyone have experience with this? How much of a delay can I expect? Original arrival date was supposed to be Thursday.

Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Prof Fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prof Fate wrote:

Quote:

03/14/2016 3:16 P.M. A valid ID # (tax, personal, deferment) required for clearance is missing. We're working to obtain this information. / Brokerage released the package. It will be processed through a clearing agency before final release to UPS.
03/14/2016 12:28 P.M. The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / Your package was released by the clearing agency.
03/14/2016 9:12 A.M. A valid ID # (tax, personal, deferment) required for clearance is missing. We're working to obtain this information.

anyone have experience with this? How much of a delay can I expect? Original arrival date was supposed to be Thursday.

Where do you live, and from whom did you order?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [bdcheung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bdcheung wrote:
Prof Fate wrote:

Quote:

Where do you live, and from whom did you order?

California, p2m website

Update: it seems to have gotten unstuck and will still be delivered on time. Yay
Last edited by: Prof Fate: Mar 15, 16 11:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I wrong or do I have to pull the entire crankset to change the battery?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ilsapproach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on your bike's size in the BB area.

I can reach the screws for the battery cover on my F75X and SuperSix EVO without removing the crankset.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll look to see if I can get to them that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ilsapproach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any power2max user will remove the battery before you take your bike on flights ? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [hubert222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubert222 wrote:
Any power2max user will remove the battery before you take your bike on flights ? Thank you.

Nope

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [hubert222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubert222 wrote:

I wish I had ... Recently I was in FL and all of the coin batteries I had were DOA. My P2M, PT G3 Hub and my HRM all died after the flight. Now they were all coming up on the magical 1 year time frame but I find it highly unlikely that all 3 would have died in the same day. The flight is the only change they all endured so I will remove batteries from now on personally.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

Is there any way to tell if an older P2M classic unit has had the temperature upgrade applied or not?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tillquist wrote:
hubert222 wrote:

Nope

I don't either, not even for a long drive.

A domestic Flight, starting from the baggage check in to pick up is at most 7 hours? That's like 1 long day on the bike if the PM was on all of the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [slidecontrol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your power meter also displays L/R balance you know your system has been upgraded.
Quote Reply

Prev Next