Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you just need to get the FSA MegaExo BB for BB30
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
Sorry for the delay...Here we go...That totally depends on whether or not you have the same crank on. If I'm not mistaken it's a BSA BB so if you have a MegaExo BB on already, it's a straight swap. If you have a Shimano BB in there, you'll likely want to get the Rotor...or just buy the MegaExo BB, which is the cheaper option.

Ugh. I ordered yesterday and included the new bottom bracket in my order. No big deal, It probably won't hurt to have everything brand new.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if 42 tooth small chainring will work with a Rotor 3d Classic P2M w/130 BCD? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi There Nicolas,
Could you please advise whether this setup would be all that I need in order to run a P2M on two of my bikes?

Assumptions:
Bike 1: Cervelo P3 Dura Ace 2010, Crank Rotor 3D 10s, Chainrings 53/39, BCD 130mm, 24mm axle spindle
Bike 2: Road Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL, Crank SRAM Red 22, 11s, Chainrings 52/34, BCD 110mm, Bottom Bracket SRAM GXP Pressfit

Setup (must haves):
Powermeter: power2max Type S Rotor 3D without cranks – Road, Version 110mm (compact)
Bottom Bracket Converter: Rotor BSA to 30 Bottom Bracket Converter
Lock Ring Tool: Rotor lock ring tool
Chain Rings: Praxis 52-36 BCD 110mm

Anything on top?
Would this be then everything I will need to have in order to share a single P2M on both bikes as described? Can you also confirm whether this P2M Rotor 3D fits also on a SRAM Red group?

Many thanks in advance and look forward to your reply,

KR

Renato

Carpe Diem!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had any trouble with dropouts with a power2max Classic paired to a Garmin 920 on the left wrist? NEVER had a dropout on my bar-mounted 500, but had 2 or 3 dropouts that lasted more than a minute on my brand new 920. New battery time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Power2max on my TT bike and my mountain bike. So far they both have been great but I was wondering if it is wise to send them in for periodic servicing and or calibration.

Thanks

Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine delivered and installed, everything seems to be working smoothly. I do have one issue though: Who puts the freaking price on the outside of the box! What the hell is the matter with you people? Aren't any of you Yahoos married? I could have passed that off as a $200 part, but NOO we have to put $690 right on the outside of the box! Don't give me that it's for Customs bullshit either, I'm sure there is a way around that! Do you know what it cost me? DO YOU? A fucking cleaning lady that's what! That's right now I have to pay for a cleaning lady! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Rusty Sprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's pretty funny. I've heard stories where guys keep their bikes at the bike shop, or only buy the same color bike. Just have it shipped to your office next time.

J. Tyler Pate
Last edited by: JTPATE: Oct 22, 15 12:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously?

I was on the fence but now I'm leaning Quarq . . . . . And I'm not kidding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best Rant Ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Rusty, sorry to hear you had to pay customs. I'm assuming your order was shipped via Canada Post; it's unusual to have duties levied using that carrier (which is why we have traditionally used them in the past). Interestingly, power meters shouldn't actually have any duties so it's likely you can apply to have that money refunded (it's a pain in the ass but it is an option). Just so you know, it is actually the law to declare the value of the goods being sent. And yes, I agree there are ways around that but, I would think that it's actually a bonus to work with a company that doesn't try to skirt around what they know to be right.

On a side note, we've been having more and more problems with our postal carrier which has prompted some changes. You'll be happy to know that, starting next week, the bulk of our shipments will come via UPS and yes, we cover the duties for North America.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered mine last night, will it be shipped UPS? Just wondering on time frame for shipping so I can be on the look out for it! Can't wait I am so excited!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [jbinkc08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it'll go out UPS today. Should arrive by Tuesday or Wednesday but you should have already received a tracking number.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply, I never got a confirmation email. When I try to log in it doesn't say I have an account. I did it all last night and it was charge to my card. Can't really check on the order because I need an order number to track it. If I have t got anything by Monday I guess I will call customer support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the repost, I just checked my credit card I used and it didn't have any charge. I went through the whole process, it was declined first because of large charge out of country but I approved the charge and then went through the checkout process again. I am nervous to do it again in case it just got behind some how. Is here a way I can check to see if it is going to go through or if I need to reorder?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Umm,I believe you missed the point. I didn't pay any customs. That would have been less painful. Although there was an additional charge of $20 on my card for some "International usage service fee" but I think that was just my bank sticking it too me. I digress.
The point of the rant was that you put the value of the package on a sticker on the outside of the box. In plain sight. For anyone to see. One such person who saw the aforementioned sticker was my lovely wife. She then used such information to bust my balls, as well as, leverage to inform me that we were hiring a cleaning lady. I would post a picture of the label but I tore the box into shreds and threw it in the recycling before it could do any more damage.

Oh, by the way, you owe me $50 bucks for this past week. US.

Full disclosure- While the events did take place it was really more of a coincidence that the cleaning lady got hired the day after the package arrived. She had been talking about it for some time. The ball busting was real. Very real. My earlier post was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. Hence the pink font. Love the power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. I am going to make sure that I have mine hidden before my wife gets home. Don't ask don't tell, definitely a must for married triathletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My anticipated purchase will now be shipped to the office!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the support through email and this site. My error and you have been so helpful! As the owner of a small business I know that sometimes customers are a little touched and having to deal with their mistakes can be difficult, but man you guys are on the ball! Many thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah yes...but do you see the silver lining here? Depending on how often your cleaning lady comes you get to leverage that expense 1:1 with more cycling gear; that is, if it works in your favor of course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad we could help. Happy riding!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am very interested in purchasing a P2M... hopefully on sale?
I'm hoping I could buy one that I could swap between my road bike (trainer use over winter), and TT bike.

Fuji 1.1 Roubaix Road - FSA Gossamer w/BB86, 110 BCD, 170 crank

2015 Felt B14 - FSA w/BB30, 110 BCD, 170 crank

I'm thinking the
power2max Type S cycle power meter FSA Gossamer BB386EVOpower2max Type S cycle power meter might be right for me? And, I'm guessing I would need an adapter. Does this come with the meter, or do I need to purchase separately?

Any advise appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there, a local shop has a deal on a P2max classic for mountain bike. I wasn't planning on getting power on my mtb, but could be tempted! Couple of questions though - it comes with Rotor 3D cranks - are these directly compatible with the Shimano bottom brackets that I currently run (I think it is?)? Also, it comes without chainrings, but I believe is 120/80 BCD - are you able to supply these as I haven't been able to source any in the local shops. If so, what would the approx cost be including delivery to NZ? Finally, I believe you no longer make the Classic model - do you still offer full support for it, and does anyone else have experience with the mountain bike version?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Kevin Curtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Kevin, I thought I would share our solution with everyone even though we already resolved the issue.

In your particular case you're right the Type S Gossamer BB386EVO is the right choice. When you replace the BB on your Fuji from the MegaExo it has on it to the BB386EVO for BB86 you'll essentially be able to switch the power meter from one bike to the next. Keeping in mind you'll also need to replace the chain rings. To get a more in depth explanation of why this is, have a look at our FAQs page under 'Compatibility'.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey rmt, yes the Rotor 3D uses the same BB standard as Shimano's Hollowtech so you should be able to re-use your existing BB. And yes, even though you're purchasing the Classic it's still eligible for the full warranty since your the original purchaser. Keep in mind you'll likely be working with the Australian distributor if you have any issues. As for chain rings, there are a number of companies that make chain rings for that BCD: Rotor, and BOR to name a couple. We don't carry them any more but you should be able to find them online.
Quote Reply

Prev Next