Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [berchrker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
berchrker wrote:
after using my powertap g3 happily for almost 1 year it has started to act kinda weird on me leaving me with some questions.
1. how do you do the auto calibration that garmin suggests when it finds the powermeter? i know you leave the bike alone while, but should it be in a specific gear combo while? i noticed the calibration went from 330 to 430 when i switch from 39-28 to 39-12 gearing and then calibrated, but only did it once, so dont know if it was a glitch

2. my powertap has always shown 500-520 in calibration until about a month ago where it started drifting towards 430 where it is settled at now... the readings seem to be okay and comparable when it was 500 ich, so should i leave it at 430 or send it in to get it recalibrated by powertap? its still within warranty so ill just have to go without my wheel for some time.

3. what can change the value of the calibration? can things like the tightness of the cassette mounted (how much you tightened the cassette screw?), the qr release tightness? the gear combo when calibrating?

hope you can help me clarify it :)

thanks in advance

You might want to try the Powertap thread for your answers, not the Power2Max thread

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ap%20thread;#5302201
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [bullshark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, thought i was in that thread.... guess i cant read ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi
How do I go about fitting a classic to a Rotor aero Q ring, most likely a 52/36 combo.
Great product btw!
Jonboy
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jonboy, great to hear you're happy with your Power2Max. You need to cut out the chain ring to fit it on a classic. Unfortunately I'm not at my computer right now. If you email our support we can send you a picture.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas,

I have a Type S currently on my BMC TM01. My only issue is that I have to remove the whole crankset just to change the battery due to the size of the BB area. Do you have any solutions for that?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi astig,

On those frames where the BB is so bulky that a precision screwdriver doesn't fit you have to remove it indeed. Luckily for most it's a pretty rare operation.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually struggling to figure out how to remove the battery cover to change batteries. is it something I need to "click" off with like a knife, twist it off, slide it off, how do I get this stubborn thing off?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [fruity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi fruity,

please check our support videos - we show it there. Please DO NOT use a knife.

And it's also shown in the manual ;-) - the screws for the battery cover are at the back on the Type S.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. Would the same cutting procedure work on the Classic 110bcd spider, or is it (totally) too small for aero Q Rings?

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

the procedure is for compact spiders, so for 50-34 and 52-36. I would recommend using an OCP3 ring or a Type S, though.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which P2Max to use with a Rotor Flow crankset? The 3D+? Can you use either the classic or the S with this crankset?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

both the Classic 3D+ and Type S 3D+ models are compatible with Flow crank sets.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,

I've noticed that my Power2max type S sometimes shows zero watts on my Edge 500 (3s average) when I climb out of the saddle. It usually lasts just 1 to 3 seconds, then goes back to normal values. It only happens when I'm out of the saddle, and most often it's just after I have switched from a seated position to a standing position. I first noticed it a few months ago but I do seem to be getting this more now.

Have you ever heard of something similar? Is it a sign that the batteries are getting low?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
astig wrote:
Nicolas,

I have a Type S currently on my BMC TM01. My only issue is that I have to remove the whole crankset just to change the battery due to the size of the BB area. Do you have any solutions for that?

I'm also using a Type S on a Time Machine. Since the crankset has to come off any time you swap brake pads, adjust the brakes or even look at them too long, you should be pretty good at it by now!

My Type S has been rock solid since last spring and it so nice to have on the trainer. The excellent support I saw in this thread made Power2Max a no-brainer decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas-

I've been running a classic P2M on two of my bikes for a while. No issues, just works! Indoors I train on a Kickr with TrainerRoad. Already spoke to TR on this issue. I am seeing a very wide variance in the wattage readings between the Kickr and P2M. It is varying consistently between 40w-50w, with the Kickr on the high side. Everything is paired via ANT to my laptop - power readings from the Kickr, cadence from the P2M. Garmin 510 paired to the P2M for power readings. Used the 510 calibrate option for the P2M. Brand new battery. Kickr spindown calibration performed. Also used the Wahoo utility on iPad to verify power readings from the Kickr and it's consistent with what TR is reporting.

This seems to be a much higher variance then I have heard from others. My understanding from TR is that I can unselect the option to use power from the electronic trainer, using power reading from the P2M and it will still control the Kickr in ERG mode. That's a simple option, but want to ensure that there isn't an issue with the P2M. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Rob

--------------------------------------------------
Non-Swimming Duathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loving my Power2Max meter but for some reason my Garmin 920 won't find it. I have a 500,800 and 910 which all pick it up immediately but not the 920. The 920 also doesn't seem to have the ability to manually enter a sensor id.

Any thoughts/help appreciated.

Triathlon Aust Performance Coach
Certified Sports Nutritionist
Retul Bike Fitter
Coffee Lover
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rbrnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sure you ride the KICKR for 30 minutes before you do the spin down.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

@keizen: sorry, I haven't had a chance to use a 920 yet. The most likely scenario to me seems that the profile doesn't have power meter reception activated.

@rbrnut: sorry, I can't comment on the difference. I have also seen a difference between my power2max and my kickr, though in my case it's sometimes closer together and sometimes further apart. I only know how our units work, I unfortunately don't know how the kickr calibration works.

@nchristi: You have hit on a very rare phenomenon that only affects a few users. It happens in a very specific scenario. We have identified and solved the issue and can update your unit. Please contact us via PM or email for further steps.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicolas,

possibly stupid question of the day. Will my P2M unit itself from my 3D fit on a 3D+ crank if both are 130bcd or does the differnet axle diameter trump?
Point being, I want to move to a BBRight native 3d+ crankset but don't want to have to sell my Rotor 3D with Classic p2m
Last edited by: kppolich: Dec 12, 14 10:22
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

not a stupid question at all. Unfortunately they are not compatible, because Rotor uses different contours. It would be much easier if they had the same contour, but unfortunately it's not the case.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas,

just got my Type S, 3D with aero Q-rings for my 2007 Cervelo P3. Great looking product. I'm having a little trouble adjusting my SRAM Force FD. do most people get the Rotor shim kit for the the FD to work properly? anyone else out there install on a P3 with no issues? Seems as thought the FD would be better moved rearward. I use Zipp R2C shifters so I dont think the new Yaw FDs from SRAM would work.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [bullshark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 Cervelo S2. Are any of the Power2Max power meters compatible with the FSA Gossamer BBRight 11sp crank?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Dunbar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@bullshark: We haven't had any reports of people needing to move the FD rearwards. I also use the Q-Rings on a Speedconcept with a steep seat tube angle.

@Dunbar: the FSA Gossamer BB386EVO is a great entry level option: http://www.power2max.com/...er-meter-and-cranks/

Other models include the Rotor 3D+ and the FSA K-Force Light BB386EVO if you would like lighter weight options.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
@bullshark: We haven't had any reports of people needing to move the FD rearwards. I also use the Q-Rings on a Speedconcept with a steep seat tube angle.

Cheers
Nicolas

O Symetric deliver a spacer with their chainrings and it actually works really well. I got a much better shift between the chainrings when I mounted this spacer.

I am quite sure that it will also be able to help riders with Q-ring

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
@Dunbar: the FSA Gossamer BB386EVO is a great entry level option: http://www.power2max.com/...er-meter-and-cranks/

I can use the chain rings from my FSA Gossamer BBRight on the BB386EVO crank correct?
Quote Reply

Prev Next