Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [JCI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes....it fits fine. If placed as far forward in the dropouts it has a limited clearance and can make slight contact when you are out of the saddle and leaning off-center. I typically move mine back as far aft in the dropouts as I can and don't have issues with contact at all including high power sprinting where the bike is moving back and forth to both sides.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [jb4iu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is very helpful. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [kman74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much additional stack can be achieved utilizing spacers with the Ventum One? Are the bars easy to adjust?

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trismitty wrote:
How much additional stack can be achieved utilizing spacers with the Ventum One? Are the bars easy to adjust?

The base bar itself is not very adjustable. You cut the steerer tube to desired length, but from that point, the bar is where it is. With the additional stack spacers and the adjustability fore/aft, you can pretty much achieve any position. One of the most adjustable frames I've ever owned (and that is coming from a BMC TM01, which by itself it quite adjustable).

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received my new Ventum last week, and I'd say the front end has very limited adjustability. Yes, you can move the poles and pads in or out, and stack up the pads or bars with spacers, but the poles are a fixed width and suck in a "flat" position, leaving wrists cocked down, elbows to narrow, hands too wide. Bars or poles cannot be angled up. Might work for some but not for me. I swapped out the pads to bring my elbows a bit wider which is more comfortable for my shoulder, but still feel like my hands are too wide and wrists cocked down at a funky angle. Might coincider a different solotion. Any advice while still keeping the tidiness of the front end?
Also...this sucker seems heavy! Am I fooled by all of the weight being concentrated in one place? Anyone know how the altered weight distribution will change the way it should be ridden?
Quote Reply

Prev Next