Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Official P3x owner's thread
Quote | Reply
Saw one of these for the p5x and couldn't find it for the p3x. Hopefully not a repeat.

I read through the installation manual and I can see how to put on the stem access cap, but I'm not sure how I can remove it. Any tips?
Eventually I will need to charge the battery!
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [Mark_C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reach to the bottom of the L-shaped cap, there's a latch there that clips it in place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So these are finally out in the wild?

Will be interesting to see how the reviews come in compared to those from the press launch. Would be interesting to know what people moved from to help with the comparisons too. I'm specifically wanting to know about how it fares in gusty crosswinds (common at my local IM).
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! Was hoping this thread to pop up.

I had a P2 and moved to the P3X. Got it mid April and had my first 70.3 end of May.

Bike is great. Fast and manageable. Can’t compare to P5X as never used one but compared to my P2 there are big differences but not oranges to oranges so not easy to say.

The 70.3 has some long steep hills (8km at 10-14% incline) so the bike felt bit heavy for me (I’m 61kg and 163cm) but managed the hills. Being in Europe with most courses like this and training around the same, I will probably change the 11-28 to a 11-30 at least to have a bit more gears.

I don’t use the center storage unit. Perhaps for full Ironman in July I will but don’t see the need as I’m storing spares on the bottom one which is helpful.

I had an issue with Cervelo sending wrong rear wheel and still looking for them to send the proper one according to specs. This sucks and annoys the crap out of me, especially with a €10k bike.

Getting used to a beam bike takes a bit of time but ends up being ok. I’m gonna get the most out of it in IM Hamburg which is flat and 70.3 Marrakech which is also flat. I’ll be then able to compare accurately how fast it is compared to my P2 as I did several 70.3s in flat courses.

So far, very happy with the bike. And looks awesome.

Finally, reg weight, maybe change aerobar extensions or chainrings/crankset to lose some weight but again,, the biggest weight that can be lost is the person itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested in this bike and would likely run it in a 1x. Based on the manual, it looks like the front derailleur hanger is removable. Can anyone confirm? Any major gotchas with running a 1x setup? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [Chubbychums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For anyone still reading this and not getting it, turn the handlebars all the way right or left then that will expose the bottom clip piece as mentioned. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [ARA18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a p2c then the 2017 p3.

I've had an 80 mile ride and a 60 mile ride. haven't raced in it yet, but can't wait!

Here are a few thoughts so far:
-I can tell a huge difference right away with how the bike responds when pedaling up a hill. Thru axle is awesome! (downside: not as quick to get wheel on and off, etc, but this is a performance bike and will take that inconvenience any day.)
-headwind/sidewind: handled like a dream with today's ride. Steady 16 mph and when it switched to cross winds, it still was great.. I didn't want to believe it but I was holding the aero position no problem!
-Built in storage is great! (no longer had saddle bag to put light on it though. my single rear-seat cage kind of blocks where I can put my bike light, but I've gotten it secured to the seat post)
-aerobar tilting 0-5-10-or-20 percent; I have mine* at 10%. love this feature.
Last edited by: Mark_C: Jun 16, 19 13:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any of you p3x owners have any comparisons to the p5x? Mine was recently totaled due to an inattentive driver hitting me. Obviously need to replace and am considering the p3x as a replacement option if I don't pick up another p5x.
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [Chubbychums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how much adjustability (in CM) the front end should have? I'm trying to play around with the height of my aero bars pads. I'm hitting the bottom or something else. I am wondering if the vertical piece needs to be cut down more to allow a lower position?
Thanks in advance for any comments!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue. the piece needs to be cut in order for it to lower more. same principle as with seat posts in non-beam bikes.

you can check this by removing the vertical piece and placing it (on the outside) next to the bike and see how much would you need to cut off to adjust to your desirable height.

i think the vertical piece has 12cm or more to play with, but i would suggest a bike fit before cutting, or if cutting without one, do not cut much in order to avoid not having enough height in case needed
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [ARA18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this is a longshot but anyone have a space post/padmount/adjuster that you dont need from your p3x since you switched to the p5d or p5x mount?

Would be interested in taking it off your hands.

CT
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [CT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi, flying to IM Hamburg in 2 weeks and need to pack my P3X. Any suggestion on how to take it apart? i mean headpost, aerobars, etc.?

let me know

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long shot here, but does anyone have a stem cover and access cap that they would like to sell? My new p3x came without these and cervelo is back ordered. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [caamano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caamano wrote:
Long shot here, but does anyone have a stem cover and access cap that they would like to sell? My new p3x came without these and cervelo is back ordered. Thanks![/quote/]

https://mybikeshop.com/...velo+accessories+p3x

Lots of cervelo parts. I bought a stem cap
After cracking mine. Don’t turn the handlebars while charging your Di2.
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [eblackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noted! Sadly, they are out of stock also.
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [caamano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caamano wrote:
Noted! Sadly, they are out of stock also.

I got the following response from Cervelo (mine has a crack, probably won't last forever) - good news is that it sounds like they haven't completely discontinued the spare parts.

Thanks for contacting Cervélo.
I'm afraid we are out of stock of this item and are awaiting a shipment from our factory in the Far East. Unfortunately the pandemic has slowed production and supply of parts across the industry.
If you place an order with your local Cervélo store Store Locator (cervelo.com) they will be able to place it on back order for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official P3x owner's thread [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I`am in the marked for the new PX witch has the split base bar, but I want the P3X one, anyone knows if it fits? I guess it does , but want it confirmed
Quote Reply