Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official Kona Race Talk
Quote | Reply
Enjoy the race. Hoping Lionel wins or Potts
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep telling the wife that today is my super bowl so I'll be glued to my phone all day.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm out of town and won't be able to stare at my computer for hours, so I'll be checking in frequently.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m streaming it the entire day on my TV and will only get up to go get pizza

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It used to be Master's Sunday for me...now it's Kona Saturday. My how times change.

I'm even ready to watch footage of the transition area...can we get a live feed or something... :)

My wife thinks I'm completely insane.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yrebetta wrote:
It used to be Master's Sunday for me...now it's Kona Saturday. My how times change.

I'm even ready to watch footage of the transition area...can we get a live feed or something... :)

My wife thinks I'm completely insane.

Stream should be here I think..

OlympicHopeful.com - Interviews with aspiring Olympians | Strava
Supported by: Skechers|Zwift|Squirt Lube|TYR|Rubber Ducky Sunscreen|Riplaces|MultiSport Canada|Joshus Bikes
“More often than not bad luck meant bad plans” -Joe Abercrombie
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Supposedly there are 4 30 minute facebook streams from certain parts of the course. I'm guessing swim exit, turn around at Hawi, T2 and Palani on the run? anyone have any inf?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the Saturday that my son gets to play on the XBOX all day, my wife, daughter and step daughter get to go shopping all day and my puppy gets treats if he sits in the office like a good boy and I only get up for us to both take potty breaks. I have always loved to follow this race. Can't wait for the action to begin.

Laptop hooked up to the office TV and the tablet is ready to go as well.
Last edited by: BMANX: Oct 14, 17 8:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Banana bread about ready to come out of the oven and listening to KAPA. Going for a run soon after the pros come out of the water but will be at the computer the rest of the day. Favorite sports day of the year for me and I work at The Ohio State University and am a lifelong Ohioan. :)
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Oct 14, 17 9:32
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
This is the Saturday that my son gets to play on the XBOX all day, my wife, daughter and step daughter get to go shopping all day and my puppy gets treats if he sits in the office like a good boy and I only get up for us to both take potty breaks. I have always loved to follow this race. Can't wait for the action to begin.

Laptop hooked up to the office TV and the tablet is ready to go as well.

Well played. Great idea. She can't argue with that, and your son is super happy too I'm sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They did all agree that it would be much better to be in Hawaii and they would all stay at the resort and I could just watch it love but having done that 2 time already, it is much better inform from here but we can do that one year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Enjoy the race. Hoping Lionel wins or Potts

Should be good!

German TV coverage has Andreas Raelert as co-commentator, looking forward to that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They did all agree that it would be much better to be in Hawaii and they would all stay at the resort and I could just watch it love but having done that 2 time already, //

I did that a couple years ago renting a house in Waikailoa for a month, but all 3 kids were under 5 so no school issues. I would love to do that again but of course a lot tougher now. Maybe everyone gets the Kona flu for a few weeks? I have to hand it to Emilio, he is back there again with his 3 young kids again, I need to maybe start drafting off of his family..(-;

In the meantime my wife knows she is a defect widow today and has already taken herself and all the kids to the gym. Next it is a pumpkin patch, I may sneak away for an hour or two during the middle of the bike, and then she is on her own for the afternoon with the 3 outlaws.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're live:

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/detail.aspx?race=worldchampionship&y=2017#axzz4vV2BM200
Last edited by: getcereal: Oct 14, 17 9:20
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far the production quality is way up, and the feed is amazing!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is the new announcer with the accent??
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She introduced herself, but I missed it, due to her plesent sound and smile ;) lol
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can anybody get the fed to come up onthe Red Bull app?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Production value is up but we are still stuck with Mushmouth Lieto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
She introduced herself, but I missed it, due to her plesent sound and smile ;) lol

Charlie Webster - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Webster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Webster

she has done a fair bit of endurance stuff herself
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coecoe13 wrote:
can anybody get the fed to come up onthe Red Bull app?
Negative. I get a looped history video. NBCsports is up, though a couple minutes behind.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see three guys taking a knee.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure some of the men pros were taking a knee during the National Anthem...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Official Kona Race Talk [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next