Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official Ironman CdA thread
Quote | Reply
19 days and a wake up...

new course concerns? what will the weather bring this year? lake temp?

Who's going to be there for all the fun?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My father and I will be there again. Looks like my last IM C'dA so I am looking forward to it!

If the weather I have been watching on the internet is right, it is going to be another warm one!

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there.

I have no concerns over the weather, the water temp, the bike course, etc. I can not control any of these, so it does me no good to worry. I only worry about what I can control, and it's too late for effective training, so no need to worry about that. I think I'll worry about what to put in my special needs bag. I'm trying out a frozen "Crustables" sandwich tomorrow (I'll leave it out overnight. Those are the premade PBnJ sandwiches with no crust. Checking the messiness factor).

BTW, my hotel says they may have had a cancellation. Small cheap hotel, no minimum stay, about 1.5 miles from the start, and on both the bike and run courses. Anyone interested? PM me and I'll send the first person the details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New course looks like a piece of cake and the weather will be beautiful!

Never underestimate the power of positive thinking

;-)

Jodi

Yay CdA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there spectating again this year.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any ideas on a good place for an ST meet n greet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for my first IM. Ironmancda.com website forum page showed that the lake temp is almost 66 degrees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gatorade swim!

Then I vote we go somewhere for coffee or breakfast and chill, rather than just standing around and staring at each other...

Should be a nice group of us there!

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
people swim in gatorade???? what color? Maybe we could meet around a nice happy meal lunch at Mcdonald after the swim?!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Lake is Yellow flavored endurance this year.

A true Dumpster ST get together at McDonalds. Yummmmm.... Sounds like great taper food:

1. No fiber
2. High Salt
3. Protein

Hell, I'm in.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. 16 days and I am on the plane for fun and frolic. :-)
Make sure you post the ST gathering site and I will try and be there. It is always interesting to put faces to names.
Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there on the 18th... up for McD's and gator-swmming
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in as well as Mrs. ATX. We will be in on Tues. staying in a house on the late with Fiddleboy.

I CAN'T WAIT! Water temp was 64 today. I hope it is 70 by months end
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See you fools there: Its my Iron Man debut.

The bike course will be super fun. I am excited they changed it. No need to worry about staying aero for hours on end, not at all.

The lake will be tepid by June 24. Its been the warmest damn spring anyone can remember.

This year Iron Man week will be the opposite of years past with 95 degrees on Tuesday and Wednesday but 65 and some showers by race day. That's my prognastication, anyway ...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [TBinMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean by "no need to worry about staying aero for hours on end, not at all"?

If you've got aero bars, you should be in them 99.9 precent of the time (except for sharp corners and sketchy descents).

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!

Hardcore, dedicated atheletes (not me yet...) are swimming in the lake now. It should be 70+ on race day.

We're just finishing a heat wave today. So [looks at crystal ball...] the rest of this week will be cool/wet. We'll have one more heat wave come through after that. Then that will blow out of here three days prior to the race, leaving us with glassy 70 degree water, 6-8mph westerly wind for the bike course and low 80's with a breeze for the run. :-)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If you've got aero bars, you should be in them 99.9 precent of the time (except for sharp corners and sketchy descents)."

Have you ridden the new course? Lots of breaks (which I like).

I'll be plenty happy with a measly 95 % of the time. And my back will thank me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm stoked about getting up there and just having two weeks off of work. The water temp better not get over 68, I was promised cold water.

FYI, I'll be the guy everyone talks about post race that was going so slow with an aero bike and race wheels. Say hi as you go by!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there for the 5th time along with Carla and a bunch of teammates. I'm very excited about the new bike course & no dog track! Last year was my first ever DNF. If it's hot I gotta slow down & race smart. Aww, who'm I trying to kid. That's another thing I'm never gonna do. :-)

Post race trip to Yellowstone. I can't wait.

See you all there,

Gary Mc

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! I some of my favorite ST'ers will be there. Looking forward to meeting you. Anyone have local knowledge on good places to spectate?

BPQ - Brian
Alan Romania
rundru
Jodi
Mike Plumb
wfarrell
Jonnyo?
IronMike
ATX TRIHEAD
Mrs. ATX TRIHEAD
TBinMT
MOP_Mike
fiddlesandbikes
Gary Mc
Last edited by: bpq: May 10, 08 17:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Puskas will be there...Under-trained and over-motivated!

I'll be hanging out at the Regence Tent in the village a bunch with my new Old English Sheepdog puppy...Come say hi!

This will be IM #10 for me (my 4th CdA) and I'm looking forward to a LONG, SLOW day helping others, smiling (and occasionally wincing), and celebrating a lifestyle which few are lucky enough to live.

I'd love to get together following a swim on Thursday or Friday. For those of you doing your first IM...Come meet everyone. Soak in the IM vibe. And, don't be afraid to succeed.

Off to Laguna Seca on Thursday for my first solo 24-Hour MTB race...It's the first time I've had that "first time...oh no!" feeling in a while.

Cheers,
Puskas

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
count me in. IM #1

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anyone have local knowledge on good places to spectate?
fwiw, I'm a CdA local. If I can help anybody with their pre-race arrangements, just let me know.

The best place to spectate is right in front of the expo at Independence Point. The two-loop bike and run courses go through there twice so there is always something to see. Plus, there are expo food vendors (and real restaurants) within walking distance.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone too!

-Mike (tall, skinny, slow M40-44 dude on a black Titanflex)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Sep 2, 07 18:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo, Miranda, and Paulo will be there spectating.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman CdA thread [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love your attitude! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your big smile. Should be such a fun day!

Jodi
Quote Reply

Prev Next