Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [bedfordvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, after further review...

On a 58cm P-Series w/ 105 and with the Zipp clip-on aerobar hardware you can achieve a Pad Stack of 715mm with the stem on top of a 10mm top cap as pictured on the Cervelo website and using the 50mm overmount spacer, and a Pad Reach of 420mm, in the "all the way back" configuration.

So, you're not too far off on your 735mm. I'd go with the 58cm over the 61cm, and go 20mm lower than you currently are.

Eric

bedfordvan wrote:
Thanks for your time Eric.

I am currently on an XL rim brake Shiv with the following fit from Cyclenutnz

Stack Pad y 735
Reach Pad x 421

I am interested in the PSeries to get on a disc brake bike at a reasonable cost.

Thanks mate.

Frosty

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks mate. You are a legend!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric
My wife and I practice triathlon and in particular we do IM and IM70.3 races; we just ordered two cervelo p5 disc. Previously we had two Argon 18 e117 respectively size XS (my wife) and M (me).
The measures we had on the Argon were:

My wife:
Pad stack: 639 mm
Pad reach 395 mm
Saddle high: 678 mm
Cranks length: 165 mm
Distance between back of pads and extension ends: 317 mm
Height difference between pads and extension ends: 109 mm
Ordered cervelo p5disc size 48

I:
Pad Stack: 637 mm
Reach Pad: 417 mm
Saddle high: 760 mm
Cranks length: 170 mm
Distance between back of pads and extension ends: 362 mm
Height difference between pads and extension ends: 96 mm
Ordered cervelo p5disc size 51 with Cranks length 165 mm

Did we make the right choice about the sizes?
With the new cockpit without tilt adjustment, can we have the same geometries? The bikes will reach us with the 50 ° inclined extensions and we thought we would replace the di2 controls at the ends with the longer ones with two buttons; in this way we raise the ends a few centimeters ... then we will have to somehow tilt the pads a little ... do you have any advice for doing so?

Many thanks in advance

Ricky
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Rickyriolfa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knowing nothing about your positions and morphology, I think you made good choices.

For your wife, the max pad stack of a 48cm P5d is 627mm, so she’ll have to come down slightly and get used to that. Mono-riser in the 88mm setting and the pads at +15. I’d put her on 155mm cranks though at the least.

For you, I think the 51cm P5d will work. Mono-riser in the 79mm position and pads at +15.

That said, I think both of you could probably have sizes up one, with your wife on a 51 and you on a 54.

For tilt, there are good aftermarket spaced solutions that will pair well with your 50 degree extensions out of the UK, with aerocoach.co.uk being one.

Eric

Rickyriolfa wrote:
Hi Eric
My wife and I practice triathlon and in particular we do IM and IM70.3 races; we just ordered two cervelo p5 disc. Previously we had two Argon 18 e117 respectively size XS (my wife) and M (me).
The measures we had on the Argon were:

My wife:
Pad stack: 639 mm
Pad reach 395 mm
Saddle high: 678 mm
Cranks length: 165 mm
Distance between back of pads and extension ends: 317 mm
Height difference between pads and extension ends: 109 mm
Ordered cervelo p5disc size 48

I:
Pad Stack: 637 mm
Reach Pad: 417 mm
Saddle high: 760 mm
Cranks length: 170 mm
Distance between back of pads and extension ends: 362 mm
Height difference between pads and extension ends: 96 mm
Ordered cervelo p5disc size 51 with Cranks length 165 mm

Did we make the right choice about the sizes?
With the new cockpit without tilt adjustment, can we have the same geometries? The bikes will reach us with the 50 ° inclined extensions and we thought we would replace the di2 controls at the ends with the longer ones with two buttons; in this way we raise the ends a few centimeters ... then we will have to somehow tilt the pads a little ... do you have any advice for doing so?

Many thanks in advance

Ricky

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much Eric for your time and clarity.
I send you our fitting data on the old Argon and also a couple of images so you can better understand how we are positioned on the bike.
If you think it is better to take a bigger size both for me and for my wife (51 and 54) we would still be able to change the order.
If you can use it as additional information, I can tell you that I almost always pedal on my pedals (not sitting) when I go uphill.
My wife, instead, prefers to pedal sitting.
The 155 cranks for her are much shorter than the ones she uses on the road bike (170) ... isn't there too much gap going from one bike to another?
Thanks again
Ricky
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Rickyriolfa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the pictures I’m almost certain I’d like to see you on a 54cm P5d. On the 51cm, you’d have to have the pads all the way forward, mono-riser nearly all the way up, and you already look like (to me as a fitter) like you could use a touch more reach.

On the 54cm you’d have the same 637mm stack but with a 421mm reach, 4mm more than your current position. In this configuration you’d be in a 54cm with the mono-riser at 63 and the pads in the +0 position.

As to your wife it’s more of a judgement call. To fit the 48cm she will have to go a little bit lower than currently (just to hit the max stack of the 48), to fit the 51cm she’d have to go 15mm longer than current position. 15mm is not very much IMO and might result in a more comfortable and aero position.

On the 51cm P5d she would have the cockpit configured with the mono-riser in the +79 position and the pads at the +0 position.

Does this make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric convinced me!
For me the best solution is certainly the size 54 ... the mono-riser too high is also ugly to see ... I will have to replace the cranckset because the 54 mounts the 170 mm and I want instead the 165.
For my wife the 51 would be much more beautiful because the mono-riser would not be as high as on the 48 ... I still have the doubt that with the 51 there is too little out of the saddle (the standoverhigh is 26 mm greater).
The top would be to have the cockpit with tilt adjustment (EX10) in order to lower the mono-riser and compensate the pads stack with aftermarket shims (this is to stay on size 48 and not have the mono-riser too high), but the bikes come mounted with the EX11 and I think it's hard to get them replaced by the importer.
What about the 155 cranks you recommended for her? Aren't they too short since you use the 170 on the road bike?
Thanks again very much for your really very valuable advice.
Ricky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

I need an advise for a Cervelo P series framset. Unfortunatley I don't have reach and stacks values of former bikes.

I'm 177cm with an inseam of 84cm.
Torso is 61cm and arms 64cm.

Can you give an advise withe these numbers? I thought of a 54 but I'm not for sure.

Thanks Andy
Last edited by: capK: Oct 14, 19 23:08
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [capK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric who would you recommenced as a bike fitter in upstate SC? I’ve never had a fit and am in the market for my first Tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric, I don't have a TT bike but I would like to purchase one. I am currently riding Cervelo R3 road bike size 56. When I was bike fitted on my bike I was told that I don't look right on the bike (my trunk is big or something).

My measurments are (in cm):
  • inseam: 79.5
  • trunk: 66.5
  • forearm: 34.5
  • arm: 65.5
  • thigh: 60
  • lower leg: 54.5
  • sternal notch: 148
  • height: 180
I would really like to step up to Cervelo P-Series triathlon bike and I would like to know what size would be ideal/good for me.

Here is a couple of pictures of me on my current bike:
https://1drv.ms/...YYkWRAsVReg?e=Yrm4Oy

Thank you very much.
David.
Last edited by: dpokluda: Oct 14, 19 21:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hello any recommendations on a new P series frame size based on the below bike fit data. Sorry I dont know my Pad X Pad Y

Thanks In Advance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Thanks again for your help with the fit recommendation for the P5d a few months ago. As I'm doing a little more research I'm now debating between the P5d and the new PX-series. Do you mind giving me your fit recommendation (based on my previous dataand your response here), for the PX-series frame?

Thanks,
John
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [capK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is a bit difficult... do you have a picture of yourself on your current bike? 54 or 56 would probably work, depending on your morphology and your fit posture.

Eric

capK wrote:
Hi Eric,

I need an advise for a Cervelo P series framset. Unfortunatley I don't have reach and stacks values of former bikes.

Can you give an advise withe these numbers? I thought of a 54 but I'm not for sure.

Thanks Andy

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Jeremy1usc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I'd recommend myself... I'm located in Chapel Hill, NC. There's also Heath Dotson in Asheville, NC

Where exactly is upstate SC?

thanks,
Eric

Jeremy1usc wrote:
Eric who would you recommenced as a bike fitter in upstate SC? I’ve never had a fit and am in the market for my first Tri bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [dpokluda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These aren't the best pictures, but I'm thinking you're pretty "upright" in that pic with the clip-on aerobars. Also, pay for the race pics!

That said, the aerobars that come OEM with the P-Series (either Vision or Zipp) are very versatile and I'm thinking a 56cm could be good for you. Can you measure stack and reach on your R3 to rear or pad?

Eric

dpokluda wrote:
Hi Eric, I don't have a TT bike but I would like to purchase one. I am currently riding Cervelo R3 road bike size 56. When I was bike fitted on my bike I was told that I don't look right on the bike (my trunk is big or something).

My measurments are (in cm):
  • inseam: 79.5
  • trunk: 66.5
  • forearm: 34.5
  • arm: 65.5
  • thigh: 60
  • lower leg: 54.5
  • sternal notch: 148
  • height: 180
I would really like to step up to Cervelo P-Series triathlon bike and I would like to know what size would be ideal/good for me.

Here is a couple of pictures of me on my current bike:
https://1drv.ms/...YYkWRAsVReg?e=Yrm4Oy

Thank you very much.
David.

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Bazza172] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is there any way you could measure your Pad Stack and Reach to rear of pad?

It looks like from this fit chart your reach from center of BB to rear of pad is about 430mm, and your stack is about 700mm. This is something I would consider "upright". For example, for a P5d you are off the charts... too tall for a 56cm P5d but not long enough for a 58cm P5d. In fact, 700mm is the max stack of a 58cm P5d.

Eric

Bazza172 wrote:

Hello any recommendations on a new P series frame size based on the below bike fit data. Sorry I dont know my Pad X Pad Y

Thanks In Advance

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to choose between a P5d and a PX series bike, I think it's all about your chosen race distance and nutrition and hydration philosophy. If it were me, I'd choose the P5d with the P3x EX-10 mono-riser to give tilt, or else I would select the 50 degree extensions on the P5d and use aftermarket tilt wedges under the pads. From there, I'd use the aero Cervelo frame bottle as a flat kit and put a BTS and BTA bottle behind seat and on cockpit.

If you're "heavier" than I am with regards to how you load your bike, you should probably choose the PX series. On the P3x, you're at the very upper forward range of the Small, in the center of the range of the Medium, and at the middle rear end of the range for a Large. I'd go with the Medium obviously.

How do you load your bike and what distance are you racing?

Eric

el gato wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks again for your help with the fit recommendation for the P5d a few months ago. As I'm doing a little more research I'm now debating between the P5d and the new PX-series. Do you mind giving me your fit recommendation (based on my previous data and your response here), for the PX-series frame?

Thanks,
John

Last edited by: ericMPro: Oct 17, 19 8:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again Eric. I appreciate all the help. Right now (and for the next 2-3 seasons) I'm racing 70.3's, though I may give a full IM another go after that. Like you, I race "light" for 70.3's (one bottle BTA, one bottle behind the saddle, Gu's and Blok's in the bento), so the storage on the P5d should be adequate if the aero bottle is used for tool/tube storage.

Any input on comfort or road vibration differences between the P5d and PX-series?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Actually I'd recommend myself... I'm located in Chapel Hill, NC. There's also Heath Dotson in Asheville, NC

Where exactly is upstate SC?

thanks,
Eric

Jeremy1usc wrote:

I live about an hour south of Greenville. Only about 4 from chapel hill hmmm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

it's me this year on a Dengfu TT01 in 51cm. Doesn't felt good ...
Think the P series in 54 does offer more options.

Andy

ericMPro wrote:
this is a bit difficult... do you have a picture of yourself on your current bike? 54 or 56 would probably work, depending on your morphology and your fit posture.

Eric

capK wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks Andy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Eric. The aerobars were added there by me without a proper bike fit (and maybe that's why they don't feel too comfortable and feel quite unstable riding them). That's why I don't want to give you current measurements because they might not be indicative. After years on R3, I would like to step up and I am considering the new P-Series (with SRAM). My main question is whether based on my body measurements I should go with 56 or 58.

Thank you,
David.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [dpokluda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

Hope you can help?
I’m looking at a new P-series and undecided on a 56 or 58.
I’m 183cm and have posted my previous Retul fit data.
Saddle height is 834
Arm pad stack BB is 664
Arm pad reach BB is 408

Thanks,

Ben
Last edited by: Benweir77: Oct 17, 19 11:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, definitely a 54

capK wrote:
Hi Eric,

it's me this year on a Dengfu TT01 in 51cm. Doesn't felt good ...
Think the P series in 54 does offer more options.

Andy

ericMPro wrote:

Eric

capK wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks Andy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think based on your body measurements I’d go with a 56

Eric

dpokluda wrote:
Thank you Eric. The aerobars were added there by me without a proper bike fit (and maybe that's why they don't feel too comfortable and feel quite unstable riding them). That's why I don't want to give you current measurements because they might not be indicative. After years on R3, I would like to step up and I am considering the new P-Series (with SRAM). My main question is whether based on my body measurements I should go with 56 or 58.

Thank you,
David.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much Eric, very appreciated.
David.
Quote Reply

Prev Next