Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, that's certainly one (or four) way of attracting a response!

I haven't previously ridden a TT bike or any aerobars other than the "invisible" ones. No pictures to provide either but the lack of stock in 61cm and the fracture in my current bike frame will force my hand to get the 58cm. And, as you've said, the excellent p-series adjustability should have me comfortable enough until bike fitters open back up.

Thanks loads Eric!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [stephenc1607] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stephenc1607 wrote:
Haha, that's certainly one (or four) way of attracting a response!

I haven't previously ridden a TT bike or any aerobars other than the "invisible" ones. No pictures to provide either but the lack of stock in 61cm and the fracture in my current bike frame will force my hand to get the 58cm. And, as you've said, the excellent p-series adjustability should have me comfortable enough until bike fitters open back up.

Thanks loads Eric!

OK, keep me posted.

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

I finally made precise measurements on my Felt IA3

Saddle height: 825mm
Reach (center pad): 540mm
Stack from BB 670mm

The armrest i use is a 20 degree wattshop armrest so picked center of it

The cervelo website says padhole setting whill not fit for size xl. But with a lower stack it fits???..

Am i doing something wrong?

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:
Hi

I finally made precise measurements on my Felt IA3

Saddle height: 825mm
Reach (center pad): 540mm
Stack from BB 670mm

The armrest i use is a 20 degree wattshop armrest so picked center of it

The cervelo website says padhole setting will not fit for size xl. But with a lower stack it fits???..

Am i doing something wrong?

You're interested in the P3x or the P5x or the PX right?

With a Pad Stack of 670mm and Pad Reach of 540mm to mid-pad, you're about 655mm and 490mm to back of pad at a 20 degree tilt. With those numbers, you're pretty much right smack in the middle of a size XL P3x.

Make sense?

Eric

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am interested in the PX series, the sizing for the px and the p3x is the same i believe?

Last edited by: rbe: Feb 22, 21 7:20
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:
I am interested in the PX series, the sizing for the px and the p3x is the same i believe?

Yes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the advice

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomljones - would you mind sharing your height? I am between a medium and large, and was leaning large, but my saddle height and reach measurements are both smaller than yours. Seeing that fit picture of yours, I’m wondering if I should actually go medium... thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [dagroj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'1" I've been told that I'm long bodied.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate it - thank you. I'm 5'9, longer proportioned legs, there was concern the medium might be too aggressive of a fit. But knowing you're 6'1 I think the medium will work well for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [dagroj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dagroj wrote:
I appreciate it - thank you. I'm 5'9, longer proportioned legs, there was concern the medium might be too aggressive of a fit. But knowing you're 6'1 I think the medium will work well for me.

Do you have fit coordinates or a pic of you on your current bike?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Thanks Eric -

Seat is 762
Stack is 660
Reach is 413

This has all come from gradual tinkering over time, no professional fit. As you can see in pic, I’ll sometimes put elbows all the way up the arm pad (I’ve got them as far forward as I can get), so reach is probably actually a bit longer than the 413. Bike is a 55cm kestrel

EDIT - picture wasn't coming through
Last edited by: dagroj: Feb 28, 21 14:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric - curious if you had a chance to take a look at this? Hoping to pull the trigger soon (P3x for sure, not sure medium or large). Also I re-measured where I actually put my elbows and reach is probably more like 425. Really appreciate any insight
Last edited by: dagroj: Mar 4, 21 16:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dagroj wrote:

Thanks Eric -

Seat is 762
Stack is 660
Reach is 413

This has all come from gradual tinkering over time, no professional fit. As you can see in pic, I’ll sometimes put elbows all the way up the arm pad (I’ve got them as far forward as I can get), so reach is probably actually a bit longer than the 413. Bike is a 55cm kestrel

EDIT - picture wasn't coming through

With your stack and reach, 660mm and 413mm, you're in the far upper left quadrant of a size M. I'd like to see you on a L actually, especially the way you have your elbows halfway up the elbow cups. You're only like 7mm from hitting the back end of a size L.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric - I was thinking my stack number seemed a little high and I just embarrassingly realized I’ve been measuring with my trainer wheel block on, face palm.

Remeasured and stack is 437....think that’s enough of a difference to factor in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dagroj wrote:
Thanks Eric - I was thinking my stack number seemed a little high and I just embarrassingly realized I’ve been measuring with my trainer wheel block on, face palm.

Remeasured and stack is 437....think that’s enough of a difference to factor in?

Are you sure? 437 is very low for stack. Measure from center if BB.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting up with me - can't type. Once I re-measured stack off the trainer block, it was 637 rather than 660.

I imagine 437 would certainly make a difference!!
Last edited by: dagroj: Mar 5, 21 8:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dagroj wrote:
Thanks for putting up with me - can't type. Once I re-measured stack off the trainer block, it was 637 rather than 660.

I imagine 437 would certainly make a difference!!

You're still in the upper left quadrant of a size M but not as extreme. Plenty of room to go lower or longer in the future, or up if need be. Size M.

Make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sure does, I really appreciate the patience and assistance - I live really far from the nearest bike shop and that one gave me sub-par help at best last time. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dagroj wrote:
It sure does, I really appreciate the patience and assistance - I live really far from the nearest bike shop and that one gave me sub-par help at best last time. Thank you.

No worries, that's my job!

Good luck and go fast.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

I would like to get a Cervelo P5 Disc in size 54. I have agreed with my dealer that the EX11 riser will be exchanged for an EX10 riser.

Here are the data from my Argon 18 E117:

Armpad stack: 685
Armpad Reach: 415
Saddle height: 779

All measurements are from BB.

What do you say? Is that a feasible configuration?

Thanks
Heiko
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [dertoaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dertoaster wrote:
Hi Eric,

I would like to get a Cervelo P5 Disc in size 54. I have agreed with my dealer that the EX11 riser will be exchanged for an EX10 riser.

Here are the data from my Argon 18 E117:

Armpad stack: 685
Armpad Reach: 415
Saddle height: 779

All measurements are from BB.

What do you say? Is that a feasible configuration?

Thanks
Heiko

Hi Heiko, thanks for reaching out.

With a stack of 685mm at a reach of 415mm you’re rather upright, and off the charts for a 54cm P5d. Max stack for a 54cm is 665mm and minimum reach is 420mm, so you’re *almost* there, but not quite.

Your fit numbers are a red flag for me, because you’re outside of orthodox, and make me wonder about your fit and your relationship to your saddle... are you that upright because of saddle discomfort? Is your reach that short because you aren’t in a proper TT position and aren’t able to lean forward, again because of the saddle? Or, perhaps it was a fit philosophy decision, or a convergence of athlete driven vs. fitter driven dynamic in the fit process.

At any rate, to hit the upper back end of the 54cm P5d you’ll need to get a little longer and a little lower. Depending on how you do it, you might even hit a size 56cm.

Make sense? Can you tell me more about how you came to be on your Argon18?

Eric

Last edited by: ericMPro: Mar 11, 21 5:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

thank you for your quick answer. Here two pics attached.

What do you think about to chnage the Riser from EX11 to EX 10?

Greets
Heiko
Last edited by: dertoaster: Mar 11, 21 6:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [dertoaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dertoaster wrote:
Hi Eric,

thank you for your quick answer. Here two pics attached.

What do you think about to change the Riser from EX11 to EX 10?

Greets
Heiko

Look at this picture, reread my reply to you from before, and then look at this picture again... do you see what I'm talking about with regard to being too high for a 54cm but not long enough? How you might even hit the 56cm? Imagine the 56cm cockpit overlaid on your photo... You could add 75mm to your reach numbers just by opening up your shoulder angle and another 50mm by rotating your pelvis forward, assuming a you do a saddle intervention and find the right one for you and how to sit on it the right way.

*Definitely* get the tiltable EX10 mono-riser... a game changer. This will allow you to open up your forearm angle and add reach and lean into the tilt and have the cockpit catch you and work for you rather than the other way around.

I'm rethinking my thoughts from before... I think if you sort things out you're a 56cm... the stack of the 56cm would be good for you.

What saddle are you on?

Make sense?

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Eric!

Thank you very much for your assessment. The 54cm is in stock at my dealer and he gives me a very good price.

Do you think I can't get the position with the EX10 riser? A bit deeper should definitely be feasible.

Or is the 54cm a no go in your opinion?

The other problem I still see is the height of the basebar. But I have the option of putting both bikes next to each other.

I'm not sure what kind of saddle it is now. But I'm not committed to that.

Many greetings
Heiko
Quote Reply

Prev Next