Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Climb11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with a pad stack of 605 and pad reach of 440 you are squarely in the center of the range for a 51cm P5d. You'd need the P3x EX10 mono-riser to achieve the 15* of tilt you need.

51cm P5d
mono-riser at 47
pads at +15 setting

For a P3x you are also squarely in size M, mono-riser at 40 and pads at the +30 setting.

What races will you primarily do?

Eric

Climb11 wrote:
Pad stack. 605
Pad reach (BOP). 440
Pad width (COP) 170
Tilt. 15 degrees
Seat height. 700
Seat set back. 10

Would like to not be at the end of any range with say 20mm of future adjustment possible.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your time Eric.

Here is a pic of my fit as done by Cyclenutnz

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [bedfordvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So there are a lot of things I would do differently here that would result in you being in a much different position that would then affect cockpit configuration choices, but I don't think the things I'd do differently would affect bike size. You're still going to be a 58cm P5d with the P3x EX10 mono-riser required, or you'll be an XL P3x. You'll just have a little bit more "orthodox" tri/TT position that will put you inside the box on size 58cm/XL.

Are you thinking P5d or P3x?

Eric

bedfordvan wrote:
Thanks for your time Eric.

Here is a pic of my fit as done by Cyclenutnz

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Apr 2, 19 5:21
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for the fast response Eric!

I am thinking the P5d but really I want to make sure I can fit on a bike and if one is better suited than I would go down that path.

I think the changes you referred to in the message above may have dropped off your post?

Thanks Eric. Great thread and really helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [bedfordvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fixed it

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright, let's see.

Current bike 2014 SC Large

Pad Y: 615
Pad X: 495 BOP (550 mid pad - using 51 SpeedShop pads)
Seat height: 75
Extension tilt: somewhere between 15 and 20* not sure but it's close to the max tilt that the speed concept bar allows + Zipp 110 aluminum Evo

What's your CdA?
Last edited by: trailerhouse: Apr 2, 19 6:20
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a Pad Y of 615 and a Pad X of 495 you could fit on either a 56cm or 58cm P5d... long and low on the 56 or slammed and mid-pad on the 58. Looking at your position I'd recommend the 56cm P5d with the EX10 mono-riser from the P3x.

You could also do a size L P3x, depending on your hydration and storage needs. Long and low quadrant on that one as well.

What races do you focus on?

Eric

trailerhouse wrote:
Alright, let's see.

Current bike 2014 SC Large

Pad Y: 615
Pad X: 495 BOP (550 mid pad - using 51 SpeedShop pads)
Seat height: 75
Extension tilt: somewhere between 15 and 20* not sure but it's close to the max tilt that the speed concept bar allows + Zipp 110 aluminum Evo

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry Eric did not see this thread but this is wonderful. I asked in another thread 56 vs 54. I had a p3 54 but it was stolen last night from my local bike shop getting a pre race tune up. I think it was on the small side but I had made it work for years and 6 IM's.

Now that I can reset I think I am a 56 with less spacers. I have a fit sheets (attached) but the big bummer is I have an IM in 5 weeks.

I am less worried about the frame size but mostly stack and arm pads etc. I was on syntace bars and loved them but will have no time to switch them out so will need to use the stock system, but yikes which height etc?

Thank you for any advice and direction
Last edited by: Zippy303: Apr 11, 19 20:18
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, glad you found this thread.

I have no way of telling if that fit sheet is putting you into a good position. It might be. I would need to see pictures. But it's missing the key coordinates, Pad X and Pad Y, measured from the center of the BB.

I can tell you though that you have a less than orthodox amount of arm pad drop compared to many others with your same seat height. This could also be fine, it just depends on your morphology.

Sorry about your stolen bike! That totally sucks. Hope you can work something out and get a new bike quickly.

Eric

Zippy303 wrote:
Sorry Eric did not see this thread but this is wonderful. I asked in another thread 56 vs 54. I had a p3 54 but it was stolen last night from my local bike shop getting a pre race tune up. I think it was on the small side but I had made it work for years and 6 IM's.

Now that I can reset I think I am a 56 with less spacers. I have a fit sheets (attached) but the big bummer is I have an IM in 5 weeks.

I am less worried about the frame size but mostly stack and arm pads etc. I was on syntace bars and loved them but will have no time to switch them out so will need to use the stock system, but yikes which height etc?

Thank you for any advice and direction

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks! Did the shops insurance cover this??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

Currently on P5 Six 56 with this fit

Saddle high 741 mm
Saddle set back 3 mm
Pad reach to back of pad 474 mm
Center of the pad to center 171 mm
Stack 640 mm
Height 181 cm
Cranks 172.5

I`m more interested in a P5D with the P5X handlebar/aerobar configuration for easy travel than P3x configuration but I wait for your comments for the best option.

Not related to the new Cervelos but can put that coordenates on an old P3C 2013 size 56 to use only on the trainer.

Thanks

Nico
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Nicotriman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey there,

with a Pad Reach of 474 and Pad Stack of 640 you're smack dab in the center of a size 56cm P5d (riser at 48 and the pads in the +30 position), and with the EX10 mono-riser you'd have tons of fore/aft and width and stack adjustability if you were ever to make changes.

I'll have to get back with you on P5x handlebar compatibility and travel... AFAIK you can swap mono-risers but not the pursuit bar.

Nicotriman wrote:
Hi Eric

Currently on P5 Six 56 with this fit

Saddle high 741 mm
Saddle set back 3 mm
Pad reach to back of pad 474 mm
Center of the pad to center 171 mm
Stack 640 mm
Height 181 cm
Cranks 172.5

I`m more interested in a P5D with the P5X handlebar/aerobar configuration for easy travel than P3x configuration but I wait for your comments for the best option.

Not related to the new Cervelos but can put that coordenates on an old P3C 2013 size 56 to use only on the trainer.

Thanks

Nico

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Hey everyone, Eric Reid here, FIST certified full-time bike fitter here in North Carolina.

I'd like to start this thread in conjunction with Cervelo to help prescribe the right bike for you. You may have noticed a couple of new offerings from Cervelo, not to mention three interoperable mono-risers to fit the two new bikes. This thread will help you select not only the right size frame but the right mono-riser and front end configuration including basebar configuration, riser type, riser height, pad width, pad tilt (or not) and extension shape. There's a lot going on here and you have a lot of options.

This thread is about *fit*. Your fit. I want you to be optimized... comfortable and powerful and ready to put down some fast bike splits based on a good position on the right size bike. What I won't be talking about is availability, customer service, comparative aerodynamics, the pros and cons of high hands and short cranks, or maintenance. There are other threads here on the forum for that, and you can also contact your LBS. For information on the new P5d, see HERE. For information on the new P3x, see HERE. And for information on the new mono-riser systems, see HERE. You can also reference the P5d and P3x threads on the forum as well.

Rules of Engagement for this thread is to post your Pad X and Pad Y (pad stack and reach), and if you know it, your Pad Z (pad width) as well as the bike that you're interested in. Remember, we're measuring to the *back* of the pads for these bikes. If you're not sure which bike, let's talk about what you're going to be using it for and go from there. If you're not sure about your fit coordinates, I'll walk you through it. If you're not sure your fit is a good one, I'll try to recommend you a competent fitter. Fit coordinates from a fitter will yield the best results in prescribing a new bike.

OK, so Pad X, Pad Y, and Pad Z to back of pads....

Let's begin.

Eric

Hi Eric
Hope you can help.

Just sold my P2 2017 Etap 54 and I´m looking for a P5 2018. Since I don't have the bike I cannot send the measurements, but with the 54 I felt like it was to short on reach for me ( bought a longer stem).
What I can give you are my measurements
Torso 71 cm
crotch 75 cm
height 178

Hope this can help to move forward on a 56.

Best Regards

Cristián
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Chernobylv8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK,

If we take a Lemond measurement of your inseam, we get a saddle height of 66.25cm.... are you sure your crotch to floor measurement is 75cm?

But if this were correct, your saddle height of 66.25cm would indicate an armrest drop of 8.7cm.

Doing a little trigonometry, we can compute that your Pad Stack would be 57.5cm. Looking at the charts, that would make you a size 51cm P5d, nowhere near the 56 you're thinking of. Something is off here... can you confirm your measurements?

Eric

Chernobylv8 wrote:
Hope you can help.

Just sold my P2 2017 Etap 54 and I´m looking for a P5 2018. Since I don't have the bike I cannot send the measurements, but with the 54 I felt like it was to short on reach for me ( bought a longer stem).
What I can give you are my measurements
Torso 71 cm
crotch 75 cm
height 178

Hope this can help to move forward on a 56.

Best Regards

Cristián

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Made it again with bike shorts, is a 79-80 cm.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Chernobylv8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that still puts you at a Pad Stack of roughly 57.5cm, which is still a 51cm P5d.

Why did you think you needed a 56? Do you have any pictures of your fit?

Eric

Chernobylv8 wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
that still puts you at a Pad Stack of roughly 57.5cm, which is still a 51cm P5d.

Eric

Chernobylv8 wrote:

Mainly because the 54 was forwarded at max at the bars and same for the saddle. I'm realizing my short legs and longer upper part. Maybe I´ll keep the 54.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
which frame and stem exactly? Which aerobars? If I can figure out your reach, I can make a better prescription.

Eric

Chernobylv8 wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Eric

Chernobylv8 wrote:

Mainly because the 54 was forwarded at max at the bars and same for the saddle. I'm realizing my short legs and longer upper part. Maybe I´ll keep the 54.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Changed to 120mm Zipp and the stocks T4 aerobars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you have a pic?

Chernobylv8 wrote:
Changed to 120mm Zipp and the stocks T4 aerobars.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No pics, sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you remember the angle of the 120mm stem you had and how many spacers underneath it on the steerer tube?

thanks,
Eric

Chernobylv8 wrote:
No pics, sorry.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12Âş and checking back was a 110MM

Thanks Eric.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks, and do you know how many spacers underneath?

Eric

Chernobylv8 wrote:
12Âş and checking back was a 110MM

Thanks Eric.

Quote Reply

Prev Next