Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
it's a damned good thing eric reads лосипед

I can do this!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did some tweaking of my position and new measurements

Pad x (center of pad) 490
Pad y 650

Does that change your rec for a 56cm on a 2016 P3?

Opinion on going for an excellent condition 2016 P3 Di2 for $2000?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [GuidoDoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GuidoDoc wrote:

Pad y 650

You've just moved back some, which using the P5d for example puts you 3mm off the back edge of a 56cm and very very high up the stack range on a 54cm. For the P3, I'd still do the 56cm because of how high your stack is... select the right stem and cockpit combination and you're good to go. Getting a P3 for $2k will leave you some money to get a good aero cockpit assuming it doesn't come with one.

Make sense?

Eric

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! and thanks for a quick reply.

ericMPro wrote:
GuidoDoc wrote:

Pad y 650

You've just moved back some, which using the P5d for example puts you 3mm off the back edge of a 56cm and very very high up the stack range on a 54cm. For the P3, I'd still do the 56cm because of how high your stack is... select the right stem and cockpit combination and you're good to go. Getting a P3 for $2k will leave you some money to get a good aero cockpit assuming it doesn't come with one.

Make sense?

Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

Thanks for your help in advance.

Looking to upgrade to a P-series, I mostly do HIMs.

I'm 175cm and have short legs / long torso, I'm currently riding a 54cm and feel i'm lacking reach, I/m currently on a Profile Design T1+ with my pad ~ 4cm forward from the end of the stem (centre to centre). keen to go for a 56cm but not sure if I'll have issues with the BB to saddle height on a bigger frame.

Anyways, here are my numbers:

BB to saddle: 73.5cm
PadX: 49cm (to end of pad)
PadY: 64cm (i could ride lower in the future)
Crank: 16.5cm
Inseam: 77cm

Cheers!
Gil
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [grgomes82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grgomes82 wrote:
Hi Eric

Thanks for your help in advance.

Looking to upgrade to a P-series, I mostly do HIMs.

I'm 175cm and have short legs / long torso, I'm currently riding a 54cm and feel i'm lacking reach, I/m currently on a Profile Design T1+ with my pad ~ 4cm forward from the end of the stem (centre to centre). keen to go for a 56cm but not sure if I'll have issues with the BB to saddle height on a bigger frame.

Anyways, here are my numbers:

BB to saddle: 73.5cm
PadX: 49cm (to end of pad)
PadY: 64cm (i could ride lower in the future)
Crank: 16.5cm
Inseam: 77cm

Cheers!
Gil

hi, thanks for reaching out. Can you confirm your Pad X or Reach? 49cm to back of pad or front of pad? Something seems off about that number.

thanks,
Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

Sorry typo on the Pad X, it’s 47cm BB to back of pad, 50cm BB to center of pad.

I ride very fwd on the saddle to open up my hip angle given my short legs.

Hope this makes more sense.

Thanks
Gil
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [grgomes82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grgomes82 wrote:
Hi Eric

Sorry typo on the Pad X, it’s 47cm BB to back of pad, 50cm BB to center of pad.

I ride very fwd on the saddle to open up my hip angle given my short legs.

Hope this makes more sense.

Thanks
Gil

With a pad stack of 640mm and a pad reach of 470mm, you're falling in the 56cm or even 58cm range of a P-Series or P5d. If you're concerned with hip angle, you might consider shorter cranks to go along with your position which may allow you to slide saddle back a little and engage glutes more.

If you're on a 54cm now, I'd go with the 56cm P-Series.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tks Eric. As mentioned I’m already on a 16.5cm crank... my short legs are very short indeed.

I’ll go with a 56 then.

Thanks
Gil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grgomes82 wrote:
Tks Eric. As mentioned I’m already on a 16.5cm crank... my short legs are very short indeed.

I’ll go with a 56 then.

Thanks
Gil

Do you have a pic or video of your current fit?

I would classify 165mm cranks as "long". Anything longer than that is "extra long". You may need 155mm cranks, which, if correct, I would classify as "optimized length" for you.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

The fit tool is under construction. I think the graphic parallelogram for the size 58cm P5d represents the EX11 mono-riser, ie. the original one, and the "x" and the prescribe bike that reads out on either side of the screen represents the EX10. The numbers match anyway, an additional 10mm of reach. I'll confirm and let you know.

Eric

Hey Eric, can you confirm the back-of-pad stack and reach for the 58cm P5d and XL P3X, both with EX10, in the longest/lowest position? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

The fit tool is under construction. I think the graphic parallelogram for the size 58cm P5d represents the EX11 mono-riser, ie. the original one, and the "x" and the prescribe bike that reads out on either side of the screen represents the EX10. The numbers match anyway, an additional 10mm of reach. I'll confirm and let you know.

Eric

Hey Eric, can you confirm the back-of-pad stack and reach for the 58cm P5d and XL P3X, both with EX10, in the longest/lowest position? Thank you.

pad stack 612mm, pad reach 526mm

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the same for both bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

whoops sorry, that was for the P5d.

P3x 622mm 548mm

what are your fit coordinates?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

P3x 622mm 548mm

Nice, thanks. I'm around 620 and 525, but would like to be able to add a bit more reach, so the P3X would actually work better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:

P3x 622mm 548mm

Nice, thanks. I'm around 620 and 525, but would like to be able to add a bit more reach, so the P3X would actually work better.

Yeah, I’d ride that bike as well if I were looking for a new bike. Also fits my use case as a long course triathlete.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btw, is that max reach position with the bolts side-by-side or still fore-aft?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Btw, is that max reach position with the bolts side-by-side or still fore-aft?

Not sure will have to get back to you.

Are you asking how to get more reach?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, just curious. If that number is fore-aft, maybe a bit more reach can be added. On the flip side, fore-aft is probably more secure. I certainly wouldn't run an aftermarket composite cup with bolts in the left-right orientation in the rear-most holes and most of the cup hanging over the front of a mount surface
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am wondering what size P-Series I would be with these coordinates:

Arm Pad Reach: 386 (BB to back of pad)
arm pad stack: 578 (BB to top of arm pad)
arm pad width:224 (arm pad center to center)
Saddle height: 690
arm pad reach: 435 (tip of saddle to back of arm pad)
Saddle set back: -49

current frame stack: 503
current frame reach 378 (BB to ctr of head tube)

Thanks
Last edited by: Tri.Tony: Dec 25, 20 15:40
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:
I am wondering what size P-Series I would be with these coordinates:

Arm Pad Reach: 386 (BB to back of pad)
arm pad stack: 578 (BB to top of arm pad)
arm pad width:224 (arm pad center to center)
Saddle height: 690
arm pad reach: 435 (tip of saddle to back of arm pad)
Saddle set back: -49

current frame stack: 503
current frame reach 378 (BB to ctr of head tube)

Thanks

hi, thanks for reaching out. You'd be a 48cm P-Series, although I could make the case that if your position changed such that your saddle slid forward and your pads an equal amount your fit coordinates would hit a 51cm P-Series.

Make sense?

Out of curiosity, what frame are you on now? That's an interesting stack/reach combo.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if the saddle moved forward .50 mm and the pads moved forward .50 mm its a 51 - correct? The effective seat tube angle in the current set up is 75 degrees. Thus, a 51 would also have a greater seat tube angle.

I am on a guru cr401. The measurements (including the frame stack and reach) are from a bikefit.

As an aside, I got the bike and then got the fit (backward - I know) but that's how it went down. I think the bike may be a little short reachwise because I am on a -20 x120mm stem.

All that said, would I be better off on the 51?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:
So if the saddle moved forward .50 mm and the pads moved forward .50 mm its a 51 - correct? The effective seat tube angle in the current set up is 75 degrees. Thus, a 51 would also have a greater seat tube angle.

I am on a guru cr401. The measurements (including the frame stack and reach) are from a bikefit.

As an aside, I got the bike and then got the fit (backward - I know) but that's how it went down. I think the bike may be a little short reachwise because I am on a -20 x120mm stem.

Your current position will be a more challenging fit mechanically on the 51cm P-Series, but it can be done with a stem swap. That said, your current fit numbers indicate a "slack" position, which is why I asked about your frame stack and reach (non-standard numbers, typical of Guru) and mentioned the saddle thing. At any rate, a 51cm P-Series will work, and depending on how tall you are and what your future fit evolution would look like I'd prefer you on a 51cm anyway.

At your stack height, you'd need to hit 425mm to back of pad to hit the center of the range for a 51cm P-Series. If you were getting the size S P3x you could get away with your current position fit coordinates.

Eric

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Tri.Tony wrote:

Your current position will be a more challenging fit mechanically on the 51cm P-Series, but it can be done with a stem swap. That said, your current fit numbers indicate a "slack" position, which is why I asked about your frame stack and reach (non-standard numbers, typical of Guru) and mentioned the saddle thing. At any rate, a 51cm P-Series will work, and depending on how tall you are and what your future fit evolution would look like I'd prefer you on a 51cm anyway.

At your stack height, you'd need to hit 425mm to back of pad to hit the center of the range for a 51cm P-Series. If you were getting the size S P3x you could get away with your current position fit coordinates.

Eric

On a 51, could I change my current fit moving the seat 49mm forward, so to 0 set back, which would move my reach to 435 (386 + 49)? I could also then have the same stack, I assume. I pm'd you the after photo from the fit.

I thought the px would work better for me athletically. However, my wallet says otherwise. I'll have to check second hand.
Last edited by: Tri.Tony: Dec 26, 20 13:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri.Tony wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Tri.Tony wrote:

Eric

On a 51, could I change my current fit moving the seat 49mm forward, so to 0 set back, which would move my reach to 435 (386 + 49)? I could also then have the same stack, I assume. I pm'd you the after photo from the fit.

I thought the px would work better for me athletically. However, my wallet says otherwise. I'll have to check second hand.

Yes this could work, being mindful that your relationship to your saddle might change and that you don't want to overload quads, so it's important to rotate pelvis to engage glutes and hamstrings.

E

Quote Reply

Prev Next