Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [PTinAZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ian. Would like input for

Pad YX is 672mm x 427mm

Seat height 703mm

Thank you.

CB
Physical Therapist/Endurance Coach
http://www.cadencept.net
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone happen to know how the various base bar/stem configurations affect the fit range of the SLX?

I am going for my first fit tomorrow, and if the Speedmax is suited to me as I hope, I’m not sure my fitter will know these details since they don’t seem to be published anywhere. So I’m hoping to go to the fit able to arm him with as much information as possible to best advise me on frame size and base bar option.

Apologies if this has been detailed before and I’ve missed it!
DhobiWanKenobi,
When you leave your fit come back here and give me your Pad Y, Pad X (to the back of the pad) and your seat height. I can prescribe the new Canyon Speedmax SLX disc bike from that.

Ian
Ian,

Pad stack - 656
Pad reach (middle of pad) - 484
Saddle height - 811

I’m pretty sure that puts me bang in the middle of a size M?

Thanks in advance!

DhobiWanKenobi,
For a Pad Y of 656, a Pad X of 440 (to rear of pad*) and a seat height of 811. I'm writing this for a new, disc brake Canyon Speedmax CFR or CF SLX.

Yes, Medium - with the short stem/flat bar, and the medium extension that come stock. You'll have access to the bottle bosses behind the seat post. The only thing that you'll need to decide is... do you go with the large pedestal and pretty much nothing under it or do you do the medium pedestal and some spacers above that and will some of those spacers create aerobar tilt for you. Good to to have choices (you do) and good to have not too many choices (you don't).

*The new Speedmax measures to the back of the pad. The old Speedmax (rim brake) measured to the center of the pads. Pretty much all the pads we've known about in recent years are ~100mm long so I just tweaked the number you gave a bit.

Ian

Many thanks, Ian. That’s great help. My order has been placed!

I am now able to start the customisation process and it is initially asking for my height/inseam/forearm length. Do you know what these are used for? The reason I ask is that the only change I really need to make from stock is the crank length (165).

Many thanks once again

Matt

Instagram training blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [DhobiWanKenobi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone happen to know how the various base bar/stem configurations affect the fit range of the SLX?

I am going for my first fit tomorrow, and if the Speedmax is suited to me as I hope, I’m not sure my fitter will know these details since they don’t seem to be published anywhere. So I’m hoping to go to the fit able to arm him with as much information as possible to best advise me on frame size and base bar option.

Apologies if this has been detailed before and I’ve missed it!
DhobiWanKenobi,
When you leave your fit come back here and give me your Pad Y, Pad X (to the back of the pad) and your seat height. I can prescribe the new Canyon Speedmax SLX disc bike from that.

Ian
Ian,

Pad stack - 656
Pad reach (middle of pad) - 484
Saddle height - 811

I’m pretty sure that puts me bang in the middle of a size M?

Thanks in advance!
DhobiWanKenobi,
For a Pad Y of 656, a Pad X of 440 (to rear of pad*) and a seat height of 811. I'm writing this for a new, disc brake Canyon Speedmax CFR or CF SLX.

Yes, Medium - with the short stem/flat bar, and the medium extension that come stock. You'll have access to the bottle bosses behind the seat post. The only thing that you'll need to decide is... do you go with the large pedestal and pretty much nothing under it or do you do the medium pedestal and some spacers above that and will some of those spacers create aerobar tilt for you. Good to to have choices (you do) and good to have not too many choices (you don't).

*The new Speedmax measures to the back of the pad. The old Speedmax (rim brake) measured to the center of the pads. Pretty much all the pads we've known about in recent years are ~100mm long so I just tweaked the number you gave a bit.

Ian
Many thanks, Ian. That’s great help. My order has been placed!

I am now able to start the customisation process and it is initially asking for my height/inseam/forearm length. Do you know what these are used for? The reason I ask is that the only change I really need to make from stock is the crank length (165).

Many thanks once again

Matt

Matt,
They are essentially double checking the bike they'll send you. If you're confident of your Pad Y/X, Seat Height then I'm confident of the frame size and stem/bar. The extension is a maybe only because I just assumed you have a rather normal arm length for your body. Canyon wants to deliver on the order, wants you to be happy so they have these redundant systems in place. The crank is critical!!!

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry..

Center of the arm is pad 546 mm
Dimension "L" on the current bike is 546mm
Dimension "k" is 636 mm
Saddle Height 876 mm
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Matt,
They are essentially double checking the bike they'll send you. If you're confident of your Pad Y/X, Seat Height then I'm confident of the frame size and stem/bar. The extension is a maybe only because I just assumed you have a rather normal arm length for your body. Canyon wants to deliver on the order, wants you to be happy so they have these redundant systems in place. The crank is critical!!!

Ian

Makes sense, thanks Ian.

Instagram training blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Iamkk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Sorry..
Center of the arm is pad 546 mm
Dimension "L" on the current bike is 546mm
Dimension "k" is 636 mm
Saddle Height 876 mm

Iamkk,
I appreciate your getting back to me here. This makes more sense.

For a Pad Y of 636, a Pad X of 496 (to rear of pad) and a seat height of 876.. you have two options for the new Speedmax CFR

One is a size XL with the short stem/flat bar. You will need to "slam" the bar - by this I mean you're mounting the base bar in its lowest position. And that bike ships with the "long" aerobar extension and unless you have super long arms I think you'll probably want the medium extension.

The other is the size Large with the long stem/flat bar (that's a custom request, bike typically ships with short stem/flat bar). You'll still need to slam it. This one comes stock with the medium extension so that's stock and that's good.

It's a tough call between the two. Both bikes work. I think the large is the better bet just because you may want to slip the aerobar tilt wedge in there and I'm worried if you do that on the XL it'll lift you a bit higher in your drop and with the Large you can get tilt and still stay low. Also, the Large ships with 170mm cranks, the XL with 172.5mm and frankly I think we all need to error on the shorter side of things.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [PTinAZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thanks Ian. Would like input for

Pad YX is 672mm x 427mm
Seat height 703mm

Thank you.

CB,
For the top end, new "super" disc bikes - the CRF and the SLX it has to be a size Small, with the short stem. Now you can get the short stem with the flat bar (stock) or you can order the rise bar with the flat stem and I recommend that here because the pedestal is going to be near max - 670 is pretty much the ceiling of the size Medium in this bike. And...If the rider is in that position when in aero then I'd rather the brake levers (the pursuit position) come up a bit to join them so that there's less of a gap between aero and brakes. There's another note to make here and that is... in the back of the seat post are 2 bosses where one could, if they ordered the Canyon product that matches it, mount a water bottle. The seat will be low for this rider and one of those bosses will be down in the frame - not huge deal, a behind the seat water bottle system that clamps on the rails is an option and we've been doing that in this sport for 25+ years.

For the new, disc brake mortal bike... this is referred to as the CF bike on the Canyon site and it has a real stem on it... that's a size Small too and it's with the standard stem that comes on it (70mm) and plenty of room in the Profile-Design, clip on aerobar to make it perfect. The rider would be in the middle enough to have some room to detail: up-down-fore-aft. AND both bosses will be available behind the post as well. To me, this bike fits the numbers given better than the super bike but the super bike can work if they really need it.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ian, can you tell me if for the new CFR or SLX disc brake bikes there are two stems. The information is somewhat skewed on this reading in the parts section the stem is 65 mm, in the geometry charts is says 70 mm and in your comments i see you referring to longer stem as well. Or am i misreading this? And if there is a longer stem available what length is it and is it something you can choose before ordering?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He said 65mm and 85mm in previous posts
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Height - 176cm
Inseam - 82cm, using that x 1.09 should be 89.4cm from peddle spindle to seat height.
Crank - 172.5mm (on current road bike)
Seat Height - 71.8cm (on current road bike), so a few mm out from that calc above.
Reach 430mm
Stack 660mm

Looking at CF Disc version.
Am I right in reading those Canyon dimensions that the disc version has a greater fit window?
With the old bike if I plug in Height & Inseam on the website it gave me a small, the disc version it gives me a medium.
I seem to be more in the middle of the medium fit window whereas it looked like I was top corner for XY of the old bike with a small.

I saw a comment about a seat boss being below the frame in one comment. With a medium it looks like seat post would be near the bottom so would this be an issue?

Thanks

Martin
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
Ian, can you tell me if for the new CFR or SLX disc brake bikes there are two stems. The information is somewhat skewed on this reading in the parts section the stem is 65 mm, in the geometry charts is says 70 mm and in your comments i see you referring to longer stem as well. Or am i misreading this? And if there is a longer stem available what length is it and is it something you can choose before ordering?

Thanks,

Jeroen,
The 70mm stem - hmmm. That is not a part that exists on the new CFR or SLC disc brake super bike. There is a 70mm stem on the CF disc bike - that's the "mortal" bike and the 70mm stem comes stock on the XS bike only (the SM/Med has an 80, the Lg/XL has a 90)

Regarding the new CRF & SLX, disc brake bikes....There are two "stem" lengths: one short, one long. I putting that in quotation marks because what we've all known to be a stem for so long has now, on modern super bikes, become more of a cockpit where the stem and the bar are connected as one. I know I don't have to spell that out for anyone with the screen name TRIPRO but I do so for others who will read this.

Below is an image of the short stem (65mm) on the flat bar. I've been referring to this as the Flat/Short cockpit. It's the one that comes stock on both the Speedmax CFR and SLX disc bikes in all sizes.


Below here is an image of the long stem (85mm) on the flat bar. You have to look closely to see the longer space between the steer tube hole and the trailing edge of the base bar.



I'll add two more things that relate to this in terms of fit:
1) The images above speak to the "flat" base bar. There is also a "rise" base bar (rise/short & rise/long). You can see a pic of that on post #899 of this thread, bottom of page 36. The rise only effects the brake/grip area and not the pad elevation.
2) There are 3 different lengths of "aerobar" - the mono extension that connects the base bar to the aerobar grips. The short extension comes stock on the XS and Small frames. The medium extension comes stock on the Medium and Large frame sizes. And the long extension comes stock on the XL frame.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
He said 65mm and 85mm in previous posts

BigBoyND,

It's cool. There's a lot of post in a lot of pages to comb through here... I'm good with this type of redundancy.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [musttriharder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,

Height - 176cm
Inseam - 82cm, using that x 1.09 should be 89.4cm from peddle spindle to seat height.
Crank - 172.5mm (on current road bike)
Seat Height - 71.8cm (on current road bike), so a few mm out from that calc above.
Reach 430mm Stack 660mm

Looking at CF Disc version. Am I right in reading those Canyon dimensions that the disc version has a greater fit window?
With the old bike if I plug in Height & Inseam on the website it gave me a small, the disc version it gives me a medium.
I seem to be more in the middle of the medium fit window whereas it looked like I was top corner for XY of the old bike with a small.
I saw a comment about a seat boss being below the frame in one comment. With a medium it looks like seat post would be near the bottom so would this be an issue?
Thanks


Martin,
Firstly let me just get to the prescribin' because you might be eager to buy and I don't want my verbose expansion on your question to get in the way of that process!

The right Canyon Speedmax CF disc brake bike for you is a small with the short stem. You'd need the high spacer and I'm willing to bet you the medium extension (I'm guessing this because you've got pretty long legs for a guy your height - that can mean long arms too). The bike comes stock with the short stem and the flat bar (one piece) and stock with the short extension (which might work, but could be a hair short). You cannot fit on the Medium with a seat height of 718 even if there is some "noise" in that math. The minimum seat height on the Medium is ~728-730 (if you want the bottle bosses then the minimum is more like 760ish) - so the small it is.

Regarding the "greater fit window" query - for this particular bike the Y is a bit taller and the X can get a bit longer. That's not the case with the CFR and the SLX bikes - they are essentially shorter than the old rim SLX.

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Thanks a lot! I have must have read over it in search of it in the other posts. In the pic below taken from the CFR geometry chart you can see it says cockpit dimensions 70 x 400.So I assumed this meant a 70 mm stem length and a 400 mm wide base bar. Thats what got me confused.



So to just make sure how to prescribe the right size to the subjects after the fit. Is the pad reach max per size in the chart below based on the long stem and the pad reach min on use of the short stem?
Or are both based on the short stem and do we get an extra 20 mm on pad max in the reach with the long stem?

If this was already covered in another post just let me know and I will wonder through it again. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right information to my clients

thanks,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Nov 30, 20 7:23
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

Do you have a picture that shows what you truly mean with the X and Y dimensions? Wondering where the x of 496 come from?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
What measurement do you want? Spindle to top or center of BB to top? Also mm or inches?


Center of BB to top of saddle and in mm please.

Ian

Hey Ian, center of BB to top of my saddle is 724mm with dura ace 9100 172.5 cranks time xpedo pedals and Shimano s-phyre shoes

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Iamkk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thank you!

Do you have a picture that shows what you truly mean with the X and Y dimensions? Wondering where the x of 496 come from?

Imkk,
Knowledge is power. Take 5.6min and read this article.
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...s_Pad_Y/X__5859.html

Get back to me here with questions, Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian

Thanks in advance for any assistance! I currently have a (crashed) XS Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2. I chose XS back when I bought it to get the stack as low as I wanted but the frame was always too short. I managed to get it right with a 120mm stem and aftermarket aerobars (Profile T5+ Carbon but the older version, 340mm I think, I believe the newer version are 380mm).

On my current setup, stack and reach to back of pad mount (as per image):
X: 485 mm
Y: 560 mm

If the measurement you need is to centre/top of pad, these are about X 525 mm, Y 590 mm.

I cut the stem a few years ago to get the drop I wanted but this year put 35mm of spacers under the aerobars to make it a bit more comfortable so I wonder if the S would be better to make it easier to get the reach.

To replace my crashed bike, I'm tossing up between:
XS or S Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 (the old one, same as my current bike)
S Speedmax CF SLX 8.0 SL (the old ones)
XS or S Speedmax CF SLX 8 DISC Di2 (I think the geometry may have changed slightly with the remodel?)

My main query around the SLX is whether I could get some tilt on the aerobars. I assume it's adjustable that way? The old CF having the separate Profile bars made the front end setup pretty flexible.

I also wonder about the width you can take the elbow pads to on the SLX and the new disc CF - I've previously ridden a Giant/Liv Avow and it was too narrow for me. I've included a picture of the pads - I could have gone a little narrower but it would have meant pulling the pads back one hole and I was trying to get my reach right.

I currently ride 155 mm cranks on my TT and 165 mm on my roadbike so I would move my 155mm cranks over if I got the old CF or SLX or use the 165 mm if I got the new CF with powermeter.

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So to just make sure how to prescribe the right size to the subjects after the fit. Is the pad reach max per size in the chart below based on the long stem and the pad reach min on use of the short stem?
Or are both based on the short stem and do we get an extra 20 mm on pad max in the reach with the long stem?

If this was already covered in another post just let me know and I will wonder through it again. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right information to my clients

Jeroen,
Regarding...what I can I can only call an error in the CFR geo chart - it's same "70-400" on the USA site. That's not right. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Not only has this question not be covered in a previous post but I haven't spent much time looking at the online geometry so I wasn't aware of it.
The small CFR on the site shows Pad X range of 386-440
The medium CFR on the site shows an X range of 408-463
The large CFR on the site shows a Pad X range of 430-484
The XL CFR on the site shows a Pad X range of 454-508

All of those numbers appear to me to represent the range of the Pad X (Pad Reach) with the short stem cockpit, the one that comes stock on the bike and if you add 20mm to each you'll get the Pad X range of the cockpit with the long stem. So...
small goes out to 460
med goes out to 483
large goes out to 504
XL goes out to 528

The info given on the site seems odd to me. I need to inquire about this both in German and the USA.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Thanks, we did try to get info for this from Canyon as well here in EU.
But this makes sense. Just one minor glitch could be if the pad reach values were calculated through a configurator with 70 mm as a default stem since that is what sits in the geo chart.
In that case all values would come down 5 mm.
However, since 70 mm doesn't exist for now we just use these numbers. If you are to find out that indeed the pad reach values are based on a 70 mm stem we would all like to know ;-).
Gonna make at least 2 customers very happy!

Thanks for your effort in these matters.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ProWrench84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hey Ian, center of BB to top of my saddle is 724mm with dura ace 9100 172.5 cranks time xpedo pedals and Shimano s-phyre shoes

ProWrench84,
Sorry you had to repost - lot of action here of late.

Based on the info you given me, your seat height, your morphology... I suspect your Pad Y is roughly 630 and your Pad X is around 475. For the new Canyon Speedmax disc brake CF 7 bike you have to be on a small and that perfectly satisfies your seat height and your Pad Y - and by perfectly what I mean is that the bottle bosses behind the seat post are ready to use, the spacer under the stem will allow the top of the stem to be flush with the top of the bento. This is little stuff but it's nice. The Pad X however - your cockpit distance will be too short with the 80mm stem that comes stock on this bike. The Pad X (Pad Reach) maxes out at 467 with that 80mm length stem. For you to get your cockpit right I think you're gonna need a 90mm stem. There's ways to go 1) get a 90mm Canyon stem to make it look perfect. 2) since the steerer is standard (1' 1/8th) and the base bar is standard (31.8) you can put nearly any stem on this bike. Aesthetics are an issue (for me and most cyclists) that's why I recommend the Canyon but I think the Profile-Design Aeria looks good on here too. This bike comes stock with 165mm cranks which may satisfy.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Jeroen,
Regarding...what I can I can only call an error in the CFR geo chart - it's same "70-400" on the USA site. That's not right. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Not only has this question not be covered in a previous post but I haven't spent much time looking at the online geometry so I wasn't aware of it.
The small CFR on the site shows Pad X range of 386-440
The medium CFR on the site shows an X range of 408-463
The large CFR on the site shows a Pad X range of 430-484
The XL CFR on the site shows a Pad X range of 454-508

All of those numbers appear to me to represent the range of the Pad X (Pad Reach) with the short stem cockpit, the one that comes stock on the bike and if you add 20mm to each you'll get the Pad X range of the cockpit with the long stem. So...
small goes out to 460
med goes out to 483
large goes out to 504
XL goes out to 528

The info given on the site seems odd to me. I need to inquire about this both in German and the USA.

Jeroen,
I got the answer I was looking for and it's critically important to me here in the U.S. The bike can get out that long but ONLY when the long stem cockpit is installed and that can only be done through a new customization* process AND that process is not yet available here in the US. Maybe in Europe but here yet. That's why the reach is listed as shorter on the U.S. site.

*This whole idea of customization before shipping is brilliant and I'm excited for them to activate it. One of the big questions in the direct to consumer model is "what if I need a different... stem?". Well, in 98% of the bike shops in the US if I want to buy a 58cm road bike off the sales floor and that bike has a 120 stem on and I need a 110 - the answer is "sure, we can sell you that stem too". When Canyon can tweak this stuff before it ships we might then cross over into a place where direct sells might have a leg up on brick and mortar sales. Of course all this is dependent upon a great bike fit first and that's perfectly okay with me!

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

Yes, as far as I know now they offer this in the EU. I'm working with 2 customers right now in the ordering process and they get these questions asked.
The next thing Canyon should do is rack up a team of let's call it 'Certified Canyon Fitters' who have access to all the cockpit information and measurements so customers are going to be sure they get everything right the first way. I think this is what they are still missing.
The last few 5 years through fits I have 'sold' litterly hundreds of Canyon's regardless of brands that we sell. About 80% of all my fit's a year are tri based, and we tell the customers all the good stuff and also the things to notice if they buy online. Like swapping cranks if needed is going to add cost. Our customers know that we give an objective advise that's why we get so many triathletes in the house. And we sell other brands as well, but we don't stock them. We just have a dozen bikes on the floor to show, even tried to talk to Canyon about this a few years back. Drop one on the floor and we can 'sell' even more.
The fit's and objective advise is our main focus.

Did a complete assembly for a Canyon CF this morning in cutting the extensions to the right length,mechanic shifting so install the cables again, change the cranks to shorter ones, I don't care. If that's the bike that someone makes really happy, I tell them to go for it.

But, Canyon, please make sure the geo chart's are perfectly clear and correct. Look at standover height for example next to the cockpit dimensions. Crazy! And when 2 rows in a chart are not correct who is telling me that the other stuff is.....

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Dec 2, 20 8:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [alexandra_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian

I'm probably being impatient but just wondering if you saw my post a few days ago?

I'm trying to work out which of the old CF, old SLX and new CF would work for me based on
X 485
Y 560
to back of pad mounts.

Height 166cm
Inseam 81cm

Thanks!
Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [alexandra_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 

alexandra_m,
Whole bunch of stuff....let's take it one at a time.
1) Sorry for the delay.
2) My wife's name is Alexandra and my last name is Murray, I paused at your ST handle, I'm past it now, ready to move on.
3) GREAT amount of info, thank you.

Quote:
I currently have a (crashed) XS Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2. I chose XS back when I bought it to get the stack as low as I wanted but the frame was always too short. I managed to get it right with a 120mm stem and aftermarket aerobars (Profile T5+ Carbon but the older version, 340mm I think, I believe the newer version are 380mm).
Sorry about the crash. Hope you're okay. I love it when athletes are driven to find their position and will do what it takes to get there. RESPECT!

Quote:
On my current setup, stack and reach to back of pad mount (as per image): X: 485 mm Y: 560 mm
Perfect, this is what I need. I'm gonna what your set height too. Let's see if it's deeper into this post.

Quote:
I cut the stem a few years ago to get the drop I wanted but this year put 35mm of spacers under the aerobars to make it a bit more comfortable so I wonder if the S would be better to make it easier to get the reach.
The proper term here is "steer tube" or "steerer" - but I get you. Smart to lift the front end for comfort, 35mm is a lot. I know I'm gonna end up prescribing a bit at the end of this and what I want to do make sure you aren't in any extreme so that you have some room to tweak for perfection.

Quote:
To replace my crashed bike, I'm tossing up between:
XS or S Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 (the old one, same as my current bike)
S Speedmax CF SLX 8.0 SL (the old ones)... tilt on the aerobars? Pad width?
XS or S Speedmax CF SLX 8 DISC Di2 (I think the geometry may have changed slightly with the remodel?)

For me to proceed what I need is:
1) Seat height from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the middle of the saddle
2) I've got your Pad X at 485 to rear of pad. I want to know...is the Pad Y you want on the new bike 560 or is it 560+35 that you put in spacers under the stem for a Pad Y of 595?
3) Lastly, just to be clear: I'm gonna prescribe
a) Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 (rim brake) what size is best, what front end, etc.
b) Speedmax SLX 8.0 SL (rim brake) what size is best, what front end, etc and notes aero tilt and pad width.
c) Speedmax SLX Di2 (disc brake, 2021 - the new one) with the new geometry.

LMK, Ian

PS. power's nice, for you short cranks are critical. Stay with the 155s. Maybe look into sending the left crank up to 4iiiis in Vancouver to have a meter installed while you wait for delivery on the new bike.

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply

Prev Next