Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. This is not new information. I was just holding out hope that someone might tell me what I wanted to hear...

For me, it’s a CF SLX or nothing. I’ve wanted one for years now. I’ve contacted Canyon before about an XS frame as there appear to be a few sponsored riders on one, but they don’t have any plans for releasing a smaller size. My only chance would be to try and buy a used one from a pro at the end of the year, which I’m totally down for if you know anyone.

Also, I think “extreme pad Y/X” is the coolest way of saying that I’m really short that I’ve ever heard. Haha. Thanks for the response.
Last edited by: CajunCannon: May 30, 19 2:44
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I thought I would give this a shot because I am looking to finally upgrade from a road bike with aero bars slapped on to a full on triathlon bike. The fit coordinates below are from when I went to get a bike fit with my road bike/aero bar set up so not to sure how well that translates to a Canyon/tri bike.

Hx: 525
HY: 650
SX: 220
SY: 668
Stack: 600
Reach: 420
Crank Length: 172.5

Thanks for the input. Figured I would go in and get another fit after buying a tri bike, but this is what I have right now.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Quote:

My current bike has a stack of 497mm and additional 65mm spacers which gives a total of 562mm, while the Canyon CF has a stack of 481mm so to match the same height, we'll need 81mm of spacers?

Wing,
We can't just look at spacers under the stem because the arm pads sit at different heights above the base bar.
It gets confusing when we try to calculate from Frame Stack and Frame Reach to Pad Y and Pad X. Since we know your Pad Y and Pad X off the fit sheet we should just stay with those numbers and compare apples-to-apples.
Your current bike has a Pad Y of 650 and a Pad X of 350.
Speedmax CF in XS has Pad Y of 640 (max) and a Pad X 430 (min).

The Pad Y is an easy match.....you need (650) and that can be achieved by changing the stock -17deg stem to a -6 degree stem. At this length you gain 9mm so that puts you almost exactly at 650. And this is with the maximum spacers under both the stem and the aerobars.

The Pad X is tougher to nail.....you need (350) and this gets closest by changing the stock 70mm stem to a 50mm stem. You'll pull the Pad X back to 390 and then slide the extensions back just a hair. Your elbows will hang off the back of the pad a bit and if that's okay your good to go. If this doesn't work for you then remove the stock aerobars (Profile-Design 35aSubsonic) and switch to something like a Sonic Ergo or the Legacy or a similar aerobar (like the one on your current bike) that allows the arm pads to sneak back over the base bar so they can be even nearer to you.

Ian

Thanks Ian. So in a nutshell to match closely to what I have now is to swap the stock 70mm stem to a 50mm stem and just a tiny bit of adjustment then I should be good to go? Out of curiosity, what other Tri bikes might suit me even better besides Speedmax CF (I know this thread is about Speedmax)? I am looking at Felt IA and even Liv Avow Pro
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [pkeys00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pkeys00,

This info is good. Can you tell me your seat height and overall height?

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace,

Thanks for getting hack to me.

Seat height: 763
My height: 71 in

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,
I'm buying the speedmax 8.0 and I'm between M an L
Height: 186 cm/ 6,10 feet
Inseam: 89 cm/ 2.91 feet
Arm: 75 cm/2.46 feet
Seat height: 79cm/ 2.59 feet

I would really appreciate your advice.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [gaxt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,
I'm buying the speedmax 8.0 and I'm between M an L
Height: 186 cm/ 6,10 feet
Inseam: 89 cm/ 2.91 feet
Arm: 75 cm/2.46 feet
Seat height: 79cm/ 2.59 feet

I would really appreciate your advice.
Thanks

gaxt, I'm glad you wrote. You should be on a size large frame for sure not a medium.

Based on that info I think your Pad Y is roughly 651 and your Pad X is about 502. I'm going to prescribe both the Speedmax SLX 8.0 and the Speedmax CF 8.0 as I'm not sure to which bike you're referring.

For the SLX: you'll be a size Large, short stem, pads all the way back closest to you results in a Pad X of 498 so that's pretty darn close, and 20mm of arm pad pedestal and you'll be 1mm off at 650. You could be a medium but it would require everything and the kitchen sink under the aerobars to get you up to the max Pad Y of 650 and I like a little room to move.

For the CF: you're a large on this bike as well. You'll be right in the middle of the Pad Y range. It comes with a 90mm stem and that'll work perfectly as it'll put you right in the middle of the Pad X range and you can just find perfect with pads bolted in center holes.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian: you did my measurements this past weekend in Austin.
Pad x 420
Pad y 630
Saddle to armrest: 460
Saddle Height: 74.5
165 cranks

I'm also 5'9", 150lbs

What size Canyon do you think is right for me in the CF or CF SLX?
thanks, Tom
Last edited by: TFR: Jun 4, 19 18:17
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [TFR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian: you did my measurements this past weekend in Austin.
Pad x 420
Pad y 630

What size Canyon do you think is right for me in the CF or CF SLX?
thanks, Tom

Tom,
Thanks for coming to the Roadshow in Austin. It was my first time to town and man did I have fun.

The challenge in your position will be the Pad X of 420. It's pretty short if I recall correctly it's because your morphology is made up of longer inseam and shorter torso. If you did the SLX you'd have to get a Medium for the Pad Y of 630 and it would be perfect. But the shortest the SLX in that Medium goes is 448 in Pad X and I just think 30mm is too much - by the way, this is with the short stem and pads back to max and the TSP thing-a-ma-bob to shorten even more. It's a long-low bike and works great for many but not all.

The CF however..... will work and there's two ways to do it....
1) get an XS - you'll need almost the max arm pad spacer to get to 630 (it maxes out at 640) and then pull the arm pads all the way back to get pretty darn close to the cockpit distance you need.
2) get a Small - it comes with an 80mm stem. You'll need to put a 60mm stem on there from a local shop or fitter and then you'll be in the center of the Pad Y range and your cockpit will be right where you need it.

I would absolutely recomend on going with the Small and an off brand stem. I think it's a better route. I put the XS as an option in there because sometimes stock is limited and if you wanted to act right away then it'll work.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the advice for the Canyon. I never thought I would be so complicated as i'm pretty normal on most fitting for clothes etc.

Do you think I should consider other brands?

Glad you enjoyed yourself here in Austin!

Thanks,

tom
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [TFR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Do you think I should consider other brands?

Tom,
God no! Are you insane!!!!

I'm adamant about being a fitter first....about being a advocate for athletes first. To that end I strive to keep myself agnostic, unbeholden and it manifests itself in several ways. For example, I don't sell bikes out of my fit studio and I ride the gamut: Cervelo Road, Felt Tri, Trek MTB, Cannondale Gravel/Cross, Ritchey Travel. I don't yet own a Canyon but I do need to replace my road bike so....perhaps soon.

Here's why you should consider other bikes - color. I think it's important to like the look of your bike.

Here's why you should probably buy a Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 LTD - the bike has sexy race wheels in perfect depth (40mm front, 80mm rear) and it's Ui2 (slang for Shimano, Ultegra Di2 electronic shifting) - AND it's $5,5000. Pretty much every other bike a that level (Ui2 and great wheels) will be $8 to $10k.

Here's why you could consider a Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 SL - sexy wheels, mechanical shifting $3,999.

Here's why you'd justify buying a Canyon Speedmax CF 7.0 - $2,599. That's the kind of price you see below a CraigsList beater with 9 speed Sora on it - but this bike is brand new and it's built with 105.

Dan just wrote an article that is right in line with this thinking and you can read it HERE but the general concept is this - the promise of Canyon's direct sales.... we have not one brick-n-mortar location......there is no middle man.....we promise it's less expensive approach is that the bikes will cost less than others. The CF proves this out.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [P3aceFrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arthur,

You've done well to find what looks to be a pretty darn good position here (video 3 from other post). It took a lot of steps that a dynamic fit would have solve in an hour. But you got there and that's good.

Also, it's not enough for me to say "do this" - I want you to know the "whys" of bike fit. You shot a video from the back - presumably because of the common assumption that "if the seat is too high, then the hips will rock". I want to say the video at profile (well done by the way) tells far more. Several folks with a good eye spoke of your knee angle and your toe pointyness. You've solve the saddle height by lowering it. Nice. You're sitting in the right place on the saddle. I like the bar tilt. I like where your elbow sits in relation to the pad. I like where your hands are on the extensions. My "liking it" only suggests that you are within the range of acceptable/expected positions. It doesn't mean it's finished.

Both Dan Empfield and Trent Nix - two of the best bike fitters in the world - have suggested to you that there is an element of trial and error. I want to translate that for you. What it means is you need to move out of the third party observation stage of your fit and move into the first person analysis phase of your position. You need to ride (outside if you can) and feel for the places that are great, comfortable, powerful. Also pay attention to the places that hold tension or get achy. Then you can make subtle changes to the cockpit distance by creeping your elbows toward the center of the pad and grabbing the shifter buttons with middle/ring/pinky finger - if that feels better the unbolt stuff and move it out a little bit. Or by choking up on the bars and seeing that feels better - if so pull the front end back. If upper back/neck gets bothered then raise the bars 5mm and try that. You can keep experimenting til you get it perfect.

Through all the back-n-forth I've forgotten - how long are the cranks in these videos?

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian, I currently have a Medium Speedmax CF 7.0. It has always felt a little long to me but I have made it work. When I did the perfect position system it said I was a M. However, after riding for a while I went back to the PPS and changed my inseam from 32 to 31.5 and it recommended a small. (wondering if I first took my inseam with shoes on, doh!). After reviewing the geometries and my fit data, I think a small would have been the choice for me. I attached an image of my fit data.

Also, I have gone to 165mm cranks, not the 175 shown in the fit image.

I have thought of trying to sell my M and get a S instead. Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Greenj5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated.

Greenj5,

Thanks for writing in, I do have thoughts.

1) I am deeply suspicious of your position. The first red flag to me was your handlebar elevation (AKA drop) of 5mm. I would suspect it to be a number more like 70mm. So I have to ask myself why? Maybe your have 5 vertebrae in your lumbar or thoracic spine fused...maybe you have something of a beer belly....maybe it's something else that is special about your morphology, or maybe you're up too high- and, BTW I'm coming from a comfort first place, a power creation second place and aero for me is a 3rd priority.
So I looked at all the metrics you have offered....
2) I don't know your saddle set back or seat angle but....SX is 153 and that saddle, Fizik Mystica isn't very long so...what could the set back be..... 80mm, 70mm. Could be okay but...

My immediate suspicion is that you are not riding forward enough (hips closer to bottom bracket rather than well behind the BB) and if you were more forward then your Pad X wouldn't be 460 (to center of pad) but more like 480, 490, 500. And then your Pad Y wouldn't be 717 but more like 660.

But....let's pretend that this position is right, it is the best spot for you....your question is keep the medium or sell it and get a small. You should absolutely keep the medium and let's make that bike, your bike fit better.

Based on the info I have my recommendation are to take these steps...
First, let's talk about the primary complaint - it being a bit too long...
1) Pull the arm pads away from their velcro connection and make sure the arm cups are all the way back, as close to you as possible.
---if they are, or if when you do pull 'em back all the way the bike still feels long....then...
2) Call Canyon and purchase a 70mm stem for your CF 7.0. The one that came stock on your bike is 80mm. This will buy you another 10mm and the new Pad X will be 457mm.

Now, let's talk about that Pad Y for a sec...
The medium CF won't get up to your 717 Pad Y, it maxes out at 692 (and I don't even think you are there either - look at post #379 on page 16 of this thread), I bet your closer to 680 and that would make your drop more like 50+mm and that seems so much more logical to me.

You could also fit on a small but I think your position on a medium with a shorter stem is a better bet for you.

Get back to me with questions here and, take a look at your crank length (stamped small on inside of crank near pedal axle hole) I worry it might say 175. Let me know about that.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Arthur,

You've done well to find what looks to be a pretty darn good position here (video 3 from other post). It took a lot of steps that a dynamic fit would have solve in an hour. But you got there and that's good.

[..]

Through all the back-n-forth I've forgotten - how long are the cranks in these videos?

Thank you for you very detailed answer Ian! I didn't see you post here.
I just upload a fit #4 video where I lower the saddle a little more and put it back. I don't know if it's better or not. Just wondering if the saddle is not too much low now.
What is the main criteria to "feel" if a saddle is too low or not? Too much pressure on knees? I mean, before being hurt.. :)

But I understand what you said, it's time to ride outside a lot and experiment by myself! At least, I am very happy to achieved a correct "basic" fit that I can work from. I just rode 1h in TT position with the 4# fit without any pain, very confort. Naturally, I felt that my elbow tend to move till the center of the pad. Excited to ride this bike and experiment lot of new things :)

The crank length is 165 as you suggested.

I really appreciate all the quick feedbacks slowtwitch's guys gave me. It helped me a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get back to me with questions here and, take a look at your crank length (stamped small on inside of crank near pedal axle hole) I worry it might say 175. Let me know about that.

Ian[/quote]
Thanks for the in depth response, Ian. I'll try and answer your questions..

1.) No spinal fusion or beer belly! Healthy 32 year old, 5'9" 148 pounds. I don't know how my mobility compares to the average person but I definitely feel like I have very poor mobility, especially in my hips.
2.) I recently moved my arm cups all the way back so the only thing left to do would be to get a new stem.

I changed out the 175mm crankset that came on the bike to 165mm. I am currently riding the 165mm cranks.

I also am riding an ISM Prologue for my saddle currently.

What if I adjusted my pad x/y to meet your suggestions and then moved my saddle until it felt comfortable? and if I couldn't get there, then resort to the 70mm stem?

Thanks again!
John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Howdy Y’all,

Ian Murray here - fit instructor at both the Slowtwitch F.I.S.T. bike fit school and at the Guru Academy.

I’ve created this thread in a Canyon endorsed capacity to help prescribe the proper Speedmax for you: not just the size of bike, but the front-end configuration as well. That means the length of stem, shape of base bar, amount of arm pad pedestal, etc. to make the Canyon you buy the best it can be.

I’m not the one to answer questions about availability, nor do all manner of customer service, handle warranty issues, nor be a suggestion box about colors and whatnot – but I can and will deliver on fit. I’m not the best guy to this by the way. David (cyclenutnz) is better. Dan (slowman) is better too, but both those guys are too damn busy, so the task has fallen to me – and, frankly, I’m stoked. At the 2017 Kona Expo, I did nearly 40 Canyon Speedmax Sizing fits in 2 days and it was a joy.

If you are looking to buy a Canyon Speedmax and you want to make sure you get the right size, touch base right here on this thread. Best practices are for you to post your Pad Y, Pad X (AKA Pad Stack, Pad Reach) and I will prescribe the proper Speedmax for you. If you don’t know your Pad Y & Pad X then let me assist you in identifying those coordinates.

Happy to help, Ian

Hi!
Can you please explain Pad Y and Pad X (from where to where you'd like for me to measure). I can also provide the size and make of the current bike that I have now that fits me very well.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [P3aceFrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What is the main criteria to "feel" if a saddle is too low or not? Too much pressure on knees? I mean, before being hurt.. :)

Arthur,
That seat height (video 4) is not too low. Both the saddle heights from 3 and 4 are acceptable but I think #4 is the best. Both are safe. The question well be...do you feel more powerful here at #4 (or a hair higher). I can say that if you're racing Long Course (that's my choice for the generic term of a half ironman) or ultradistance (that my generic term for the little "i" ironman distance) you're definitely gonna want to be lower (#4) rather than a bit higher (#3).

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Last edited by: ianpeace: Jun 7, 19 16:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Greenj5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What if I adjusted my pad x/y to meet your suggestions and then moved my saddle until it felt comfortable? and if I couldn't get there, then resort to the 70mm stem?

John,

Hmmm... the process would be backwards of how a fit is done.

The saddles location - how far above the bottom bracket (this speaks to saddle height) and how far the nose of the saddle sits behind the bottom bracket (this speaks to set-back) - is the most critical element of the bike fit. There's a place for your hips to be over the bottom bracket that will feel most powerful and once that's set then the front end (base bar/arm pads/extensions) have to come meet you - you can go to them.

During your fit the fitter should have (and probably did) start you too far behind the bottom bracket and then moved you forward through several "trials". There would have been a moment when you felt best, when your cadence increased, when the resistance needed to go up, etc. The dynamic bike you got fit on is so advanced that it's easy to even go past the good place and come back to it. I could be wrong about the saddle, and I can't be certain because a) I don't sell that Fizik in my studio so I don't know the length of it, b) I don't know if it was clamped center rail, and c) I don't know if the bike was calibrated properly.

What you'd want to do is ride the trainer for 5 min with the saddle where it is and then step off, slide if fwd on the rails 5mm and ride another 5min and then do that again twice more. You'll span a gap of ~15mm in the process and you might find a place where you are more powerful, where the legs float more freely. Once you feel that spot then you can lock that in and start to move the pads to get them comfy.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [BenKess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi!
Can you please explain Pad Y and Pad X (from where to where you'd like for me to measure). I can also provide the size and make of the current bike that I have now that fits me very well.
Thanks!

BenKess,
Fabulous! You've got a bike that fits you well. We can take the Pad Y (aka Pad Stack) and the Pad X (aka Pad Reach) from that bike and prescribe a Canyon Speedmax from those numbers.

Let's do the easy one first: Pad X
Get the bike on a level floor and lean it up against wall or cabinets or what-have-you so that's pretty straight up and down. Measure from the center of the bottom bracket down to the floor. Then measure from the top of the arm pad down to the floor. Subtract the smaller number from the bigger number and you've got Pad X. I want it in mm but I can convert so measure with whatever's handy; mm or inches.

For Pad Y here's my suggestion...
dangle a plumb- line (this could be a piece of string with anything small/heavy-ish tied to it - a salt shaker for example) dangle that off the back of your arm pad so it's almost hitting the floor (make sure the front wheel is straight, in line with the frame). And then measure the distance from that string back to the center of the bottom bracket. That's your Pad Y to the back of the pad.

Get back to me with those numbers (or questions) and I'll have answers.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently: Pad stack 665mm, Pad reach 470 (bop) with a 9cm long pad, 240mm centre-centre on the pads. 740 saddle height, sitero (snubnose) 25mm behind bb. 165 cranks
The element I'm least confident on and need wriggle room for is pad stack. I may go a little longer, and could probably / perhaps profitably come forward a bit more on the saddle.

I fancy a SLX (amongst other things/brands, testing the water on fit here..), but suspect that might not be the best fit for me.
Many thanks..
Last edited by: upsidedownmark: Jun 7, 19 16:23
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [upsidedownmark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Pad stack 665mm, Pad reach 470 (bop) with a 9cm long pad, 240mm centre-centre on the pads. 740 saddle height, sitero (snubnose) 25mm behind bb. 165 cranks
The element I'm least confident on and need wriggle room for is pad stack. I may go a little longer, and could probably / perhaps profitably come forward a bit more on the saddle.

I fancy a SLX (amongst other things/brands, testing the water on fit here..), but suspect that might not be the best fit for me.
Many thanks..

upsidedownmark,
With a Pad Y of 665 and a Pad X of 515 (to center) you are in a great place for a Speedmax SLX!
You're a size Large, short stem, with 35mm of arm pad pedestal, and arm cups are one hole forward of farthest-back-they-can-go.

Now, you said you wanted room to move on the Pad Y - no problem. You can do down incrementally to a place that is as low as 630 and go up as high as 685. You also have room to go longer (or even a bit shorter) in the cockpit.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
Hi!
Thanks!

BenKess,
Fabulous! You've got a bike that fits you well. We can take the Pad Y (aka Pad Stack) and the Pad X (aka Pad Reach) from that bike and prescribe a Canyon Speedmax from those numbers.

Let's do the easy one first: Pad X
Get the bike on a level floor and lean it up against wall or cabinets or what-have-you so that's pretty straight up and down. Measure from the center of the bottom bracket down to the floor. Then measure from the top of the arm pad down to the floor. Subtract the smaller number from the bigger number and you've got Pad X. I want it in mm but I can convert so measure with whatever's handy; mm or inches.

For Pad Y here's my suggestion...
dangle a plumb- line (this could be a piece of string with anything small/heavy-ish tied to it - a salt shaker for example) dangle that off the back of your arm pad so it's almost hitting the floor (make sure the front wheel is straight, in line with the frame). And then measure the distance from that string back to the center of the bottom bracket. That's your Pad Y to the back of the pad.

Get back to me with those numbers (or questions) and I'll have answers.

Ian

Thank you Ian!!

I have numbers!

Pad Y- 457mm
Pad X- 677mm- 694mm- So my aeropad is angles upward so I took the low and high measurement for where my elbow/forearm lays across

- Side notes of helpful. I'm 6'1. I fit into a Ventum Z 56cm quite well. I'm flexible.

Thanks again!
Last edited by: BenKess: Jun 7, 19 17:44
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [BenKess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Pad Y- 457mm
Pad X- 677mm- 694mm- So my aeropad is angles upward so I took the low and high measurement for where my elbow/forearm lays across

BenKess,

I screwed by reversing the X/Y - forgive me, I'm doing 30 things at once here today, but we're good...
Pad Y is 680ish
Pad X is 507 (to mid pad)

If it's the Canyon Speedmax SLX you're a size Large, Short Stem, 50mm of arm pad pedestal (with "high stack flat spring" aftermarket item) and pads back one hole in front of as-far-back-as-they-go.

If it's the Canyon Speedmax CF it's a size Large and you're perfect with the 90mm stem that comes on it - and pretty much dead center in the range of Y/X so, frankly, that bike fits you better than the SLX.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
Pad Y- 457mm

BenKess,

I screwed by reversing the X/Y - forgive me, I'm doing 30 things at once here today, but we're good...
Pad Y is 680ish
Pad X is 507 (to mid pad)

If it's the Canyon Speedmax SLX you're a size Large, Short Stem, 50mm of arm pad pedestal (with "high stack flat spring" aftermarket item) and pads back one hole in front of as-far-back-as-they-go.

If it's the Canyon Speedmax CF it's a size Large and you're perfect with the 90mm stem that comes on it - and pretty much dead center in the range of Y/X so, frankly, that bike fits you better than the SLX.

Ian

Thank you Ian!
Just so I have this down right. I'm perfect with the CF 8.0 LTD, CF 8.0 SL, and CF 7.0?
Quote Reply

Prev Next