Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ian, Thank you very much for such detailed answer!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian -- Does it look like I need the longer stem for my Speedmax SLX (size M, standard 65mm? stem)? Should I actually have ordered a size Large? See photo.

I'm on a size Medium with aerobars fully extended (i.e., they are slightly recessed into the armpad clamps, actually). Some more details on my fit numbers are:
Saddle height: 767, setback -19mm
Arm pad stack: 639
Arm pad reach: 460
Crank length: 165 (I switch the crank to 165 from the stock 175)

I feel like I need to get longer, but at the same time, I feel like my weight is already WAY out over the front wheel, which has me wondering if I should have gone with a Larger, though standover height would be a concern (860 mm inseam). As you can see I am using the Canyon angle brackets, and I also have adapters to make the aerobars wider.

Wintershade,

Let me start with this.... I read your "frustration" post and I'm so sorry you're dealing with this drama. Bike fitting is a combo of art, science, and math and it takes time to get learn how to fit and then it demands that a fitter keep up with all the industry changes: terminology, saddles, an understanding of crank length, bike design, etc. etc. etc. And that is just for road. And's road fitting is f*cking easy in my opinion - tri is a magnitude harder. There are many of us who are good/great at fitting the triathlon position, some have been recommended, some have already weighed in on your post, we want to help you solve.

Let's start with this note of calming comfort - I'm 99% certain you are on the right sized bike. That bike is sexy as hell and you're close enough to the right position that I think we can get there rather quickly.

Can you confirm something for me...your bike, it's a 2018 Canyon Speedmax SLX right? I'm pretty certain of that based on the graphics. The thing that's confusing me is that you're on a medium and your Pad Reach is 460. The shortest the 2018 SLX Medium goes to is 462. Wait, are you measuring your Pad Reach to the rear of the pad??? The "Canyon Way" is to the center of the pad so your current pad reach is really 510ish? The pad's are roughly 100mm across, so the rear to mid point is ~50mm so if we add 50mm to 460 we get 510. I want to confirm those bits first - year & where pad x is being measured to to get 460.

Also, your "using adapters to make aerobars wider" - do you mean the TSP (Team Switch Plate) that are designed to move the pads beyond the capabilities of the stock arm pad mounts (and by "move beyond" I mean farther forward or farther back of the stock mounts). If you're unsure - pull the velcro pad off both arm cups - then unbolt one of the cups and leave the other bolted in place - then post a pic here on this thread taken looking straight down at the bars.

This is super important to clarify because you absolutely need a longer cockpit but the expectation here is that the medium can move out to a Pad X Center of 516 with the short stem so first I need to figure out where you are before I make a suggesting on how we're going to get longer.

I'm at home a ton this week and I'll be looking for your reply. Stay with me on this, let's get it solved.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Quote:

Ian.
I was last fitted (FIST) at the end of 2010. I haven't changed my fit since then. (other than replacing my saddle - Specialized Sitero)
I do think I could now go lower, but I am unsure by how much. Current dimensions on the bike - 2011 Argon18 E112

Pad Stack 735
Pad Reach (centre) 449
Saddle Setback (to nose) 65
Drop - 70

These were pulled off the current bike, but I won't claim they are fully accurate.
Picture in use attached.... UCI legal, which is a requirement, and still needs to allow me to run after

Any chance I might fit on either of the current Canyons?

Cape_Horn,

Short, Quick Answer: if you're going to stay with Pad Stack of 735 and Pad Reach of 449 then you'd need to be on the Canyon Speedmax CF in a size large but you'd need a shorter stem than the one that comes stock on the large. But, that set up would leave you in this position which I'm not happy about so let's go to the longer answer for as it's a far better one.

Longer, More Valued Answer: Everything about pic says "up and back" to me. That bike you're on has a seat angle of 76 degrees and you're on a road saddle (comfort is found rearward) so your hips are behind the bottom bracket in a such a way that it's forcing your cockpit to be short and your arm pads to be high - that's confirmed in the fact that you've got the tallest 3D headset top cap thingy + what looks like another 20mm of spacer + a +6 degree stem. Now, what might save this whole position is the new saddle because that new saddle might allow you to sit farther forward and give you the position your need/deserve but the question is - did the new saddle result in you flipping that stem (-6 degree), stripping out that 20mm spacer, maybe even going to the shorter/shortest 3D top cap, and moving the pads out or going to a longer stem? If, not - if you have the same front end set up with then new saddle then not much has changed.

You can be UCI legal and be in a comfortable (top priority), powerful (second priority), and slippery (third priority). A better position on the this bike will help you get there....also, a more modern bike with better geometry will help you get there.

I'd like three things from you if you can get 'em for me: 1) where do you live (city). 2) I want your overall height and 3) I'd like your saddle height measured from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of your saddle in the middlish. Get back to me with that and let's continue this discussion. #1 is cause if one of the fitters on "my list" is near you then I'm going to urge you to go see them. #2 & #3 are in case you are too far from a great fitter then I want to propose a Pad Y/Pad X that is far closer to where you could be.

Ian

Cheers Ian.

When I swapped seats, I didn't change any of the rest of the fit, other than moving the seat a little to change the contact point compared with the original aspideTT. I have thought about dropping the pads previously, but haven't yet (call me slack). - I think I should be able to drop down to the bar level without issues, I was also thinking about bringing the seat forward to 5cm behind the BB, and then raising it the extra few mm that would entail, and seeing if I could drop the bars a little more after that. (That issue of not having a fit bike handy, and not trusting my wrenching skills with a headset.) - My other concern was core strength - but that is something I am still working on (much better now than 9 years ago when I first grabbed a TT bike)

Currently residing in Canberra, ACT, Australia, so a little far away from most fitters.
Height - 177.5cm
(Inseam 84cm)

Saddle height - 772mm from BB to middle centre of the seat.

As always, Thankyou for your time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ian -- Does it look like I need the longer stem for my Speedmax SLX (size M, standard 65mm? stem)? Should I actually have ordered a size Large? See photo.

I'm on a size Medium with aerobars fully extended (i.e., they are slightly recessed into the armpad clamps, actually). Some more details on my fit numbers are:
Saddle height: 767, setback -19mm
Arm pad stack: 639
Arm pad reach: 460
Crank length: 165 (I switch the crank to 165 from the stock 175)

I feel like I need to get longer, but at the same time, I feel like my weight is already WAY out over the front wheel, which has me wondering if I should have gone with a Larger, though standover height would be a concern (860 mm inseam). As you can see I am using the Canyon angle brackets, and I also have adapters to make the aerobars wider.

Wintershade,

Let me start with this.... I read your "frustration" post and I'm so sorry you're dealing with this drama. Bike fitting is a combo of art, science, and math and it takes time to get learn how to fit and then it demands that a fitter keep up with all the industry changes: terminology, saddles, an understanding of crank length, bike design, etc. etc. etc. And that is just for road. And's road fitting is f*cking easy in my opinion - tri is a magnitude harder. There are many of us who are good/great at fitting the triathlon position, some have been recommended, some have already weighed in on your post, we want to help you solve.

Let's start with this note of calming comfort - I'm 99% certain you are on the right sized bike. That bike is sexy as hell and you're close enough to the right position that I think we can get there rather quickly.

Can you confirm something for me...your bike, it's a 2018 Canyon Speedmax SLX right? I'm pretty certain of that based on the graphics. The thing that's confusing me is that you're on a medium and your Pad Reach is 460. The shortest the 2018 SLX Medium goes to is 462. Wait, are you measuring your Pad Reach to the rear of the pad??? The "Canyon Way" is to the center of the pad so your current pad reach is really 510ish? The pad's are roughly 100mm across, so the rear to mid point is ~50mm so if we add 50mm to 460 we get 510. I want to confirm those bits first - year & where pad x is being measured to to get 460.

Also, your "using adapters to make aerobars wider" - do you mean the TSP (Team Switch Plate) that are designed to move the pads beyond the capabilities of the stock arm pad mounts (and by "move beyond" I mean farther forward or farther back of the stock mounts). If you're unsure - pull the velcro pad off both arm cups - then unbolt one of the cups and leave the other bolted in place - then post a pic here on this thread taken looking straight down at the bars.

This is super important to clarify because you absolutely need a longer cockpit but the expectation here is that the medium can move out to a Pad X Center of 516 with the short stem so first I need to figure out where you are before I make a suggesting on how we're going to get longer.

I'm at home a ton this week and I'll be looking for your reply. Stay with me on this, let's get it solved.

Ian

Thanks Ian -- I really appreciate your response and willingness to help me get situated on my Speedmax. My main goal is to make sure it's the right frame and that I have the right cockpit accessories for when I eventually find time to visit Jim M, but it might be a while before I can see him so getting better situated beforehand would be great.

To answer your questions: yes, I'm on a 2018 Speedmax SLX. The only component I've changed is the crank to 165mm, to open up my hips and help me get lower. For the front-end, I am using both the "Team Switch Plate" to extend my reach, the "Switchblade" spacer kit to widen the arm pads, and the "Angled Spacer Kit." Here is how I have my front-end spacers set up, from top to bottom. Big (1cm?) spacer, switchblades turned out to widen arm pads, another large spacer, the Angled spacer, then the Team Switch Plates (set up so pads are max distance away from me). My aerobars are fully extended (such that they are about 1cm recessed into the aerobar clamp). So as you can see, I'm really going to the extreme max (probably beyond recommended spec?) to get longer and wider.

Sounds like you think I need a longer stem? I think Canyon offers an 85mm stem, tough not sure how that would impact how the bento box and integrated hydration sit. I do also wonder if my saddle is too far forward and that's what's making me cramped and impacting weight distribution? My saddle is pretty much fully pushed forward. I generally find myself creeping to the nose of the saddle though and feel less powerful when I set further back on it.

In terms of your questions on some of my stack/reach numbers, I will just go ahead and email you my full Retul fit report as well as body measurements for a recently made custom road bike. I suspect that will make things clearest.

Thanks again. I'm very grateful you and Canyon are doing this. This thread will help so many people.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Wintershade,

Yeah, you need the longer stem. It's going to stretch you out 20mm - which will be a huge benefit for your position (comfort). If you need to micro adjust the cockpit once the stem is on then we can play with pad positioning.

Other notes:
Quote:
I do also wonder if my saddle is too far forward and that's what's making me cramped and impacting weight distribution? My saddle is pretty much fully pushed forward. I generally find myself creeping to the nose of the saddle though and feel less powerful when I set further back on it.

Your saddle is where it needs to be for you to be powerful. Saddle position (height and set back) is priority one in fitting and then we get the front comfy based on where the saddle needs to be. I don't want you creating a longer cockpit by sliding the saddle back that will rob you of the power you deserve.

As to your worry of weight distribution...you absolutely have more weight on the front wheel on your Speedmax than you do on your Ultimate. The triathlon position results in that and the road position puts more weight on the rear wheel. Get the longer stem, have it installed, and post another pick on this thread for me and let's see where we're at.

I want you to have confidence in where we're heading....
Look at the pic below - this is from Dan Empfield's (Slowman) article on orthodoxy (if you want to read the whole piece do it HERE). I've nearly destroyed his beautiful image with my quick/sloppy additions: the big yellow dot is where you are now (639x460). That's a bit outside the range of common positions (range defined by my drunken orange lines). The green dot is were you'll be with the longer stem - and that's inside the range. The longer stem will move you to where more people ride, move you towards all the pros ride, move you toward comfort.

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ian! This is incredibly helpful. I loved your graphic. Very cool. I'll reach out to Canyon to get the longer stem and accessories, and hopefully Jim can get me all set whenever we manage to get together. If work ever brings you to SF, please let me know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi again Ian, thanks for your insight and thoughts. I ordered the CF in Large as your recommended and I've just taken delivery of it today. Looking forward to getting setup and taking it for a spin.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [icecubes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
icecubes, STOKE!!! post pics! I wanna see!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My fitter, Phil Casanta, recommended shorter cranks for my Speedmax CF SLX. The medium size comes with 175mm. I asked you about this at the Canyon 360 Lab event and you agreed.
Well, I finally saved enough pennies to buy some 170’s.
This is huge! Wow! I was amazed at how much better my new fit is.
Thanks to you and Phil!

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My fitter, Phil Casanta, recommended shorter cranks for my Speedmax CF SLX. The medium size comes with 175mm. I asked you about this at the Canyon 360 Lab event and you agreed.
Well, I finally saved enough pennies to buy some 170’s.
This is huge! Wow! I was amazed at how much better my new fit is.
Thanks to you and Phil!

Karl,

Thanks for this note. I'm so glad you happy with the choice and it's no surprise at all. It should stand as yet another testament to those who are still hung up on the "but I gotta have a longer lever to make more power" belief.

A quick note on Phil and his wife Rachel - there are folks who make up the foundation of our sport and they are two. I hear that their shop, HyperCat Racing is going to get a face lift and maybe a new name. I'm excited to see their next chapter.

You and I will probably cross paths soon and I look forward to that.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually they were putting the new Hypercat sign up at the shop yesterday.
And yes, great people and good for our sport.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. Thanks for help.

From RETUL on 56 P5 (2 spacers left on stem):

Stack: 638
Reach: 450 (back of pad)
Saddle height/setback: 794/-23
Crank: 170
Armpad width: 189
Grip width: 76
6"1'
Inseam: 33.5

Many thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [maninthearena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Stack: 638
Reach: 450 (back of pad)
Saddle height/setback: 794/-23
Crank: 170
Armpad width: 189
Grip width: 76
6"1'
Inseam: 33.5

maninthearena,

I'm gonna prescribe this with a Pad Stack of 638 and a Pad Reach of 500 (Pad X at mid pad as the Speedmax uses that spot). You, like so many of us, could fit on two different sizes of the Canyon Speedmax SLX.

It could be a Medium with the short stem, pads bolted down dead center, and either 45mm of arm pad pedestal (yields a Pad Y of 640) or 40mm of spacer (for 635).
---or---
It could be a Large with the short stem, pads the furthest back that can go in the stock mounts, either 10mm of arm pad pedestal (yields a Pad Y of 640) or 5mm of arm pad pedestal (for 635).

It's cool to fit on two different bikes because availability has been an issue in the past so if only one is there - grab it.

I want you to have the info and all my thoughts so you can add those to what you know about yourself in the purchase process. I think a Pad Y of 638 is pretty darn low - especially for somebody as leggy as you are. I suspect you have a arm pad drop of something near 150mm. If cervical comfort becomes an issue or you want more safety in lookin' up the road easier you'll want to come up to 640 or 645 in your Pad Y (or even more - I would think a pad drop of 95 is often acceptable and that's close to a 658 Pad Stack for you) ....the medium maxes out at a Pad Y of 650 and you have to acquire an aftermarket item called "high stack flat spring" to get past 640. Because of that I would be tempted to recommend the Large over the medium...AND....do not be concerned by the Pad X in the Large being "the furthest back they can go" - Canyon has another aftermarket item called a TSP that can bring the pads back another 30mm if you ever need more range in shortening the cockpit more than the stock mounts will allow.

Get back to me if you have more questions.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great thank you. Very clear.

Due to availability they have CF in L but no SLX in L at the moment. I’m not married to the idea of full integration and find it a true PITA for adjustability and just wonder if the geo is the same so that your specs and write up would be the same across model ranges?

I had an easy to fiddle with 58 P2 prior (loved it...miss it) and liken it the CF, and despite enjoying the P5 wouldn’t mind the change back to an easier to play with version since I consider, maybe incorrectly, the SLX to be more like my P5 (full integration, most everything is hidden etc). If that is a bad comparison surely let me know. Bottom line for sizing and if that’s the route I go, same as what you mention in the other post..M or L but lean towards L?

Thanks again.
Last edited by: maninthearena: Apr 17, 19 21:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I am looking for a new bike and have my eyes on a Trek SC and Canyon SLX.
I have a BMC TM01 in ML with stack 515 reach 418 (long and low) and don´t know if the canyon is off. I think of a size M but to me the S is to small and M to big.
Am I completely off?

Best Regards
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Lind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Ian,

I'm planning to buy a speedmax CF.
I did a fit on my road bike recently, but my bikefitter didn't have a dynamic bike to give me reach and stack value for a TT bike.

Can you help me decided wich size I should buy regarding the fit of my road bike and my size, height, ..?

https://www.casimages.com/...33201528795.png.html
https://www.casimages.com/...33201624928.jpg.html

I though the M size will be great. Then I will make a bike fit to put me on..

Thank you,

Arthur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Ian

Thank you for your help, I'm leaning towards the SLX not sure if the CF will work for me what do you think?

Stack 641mm
Reach 558mm

Height 6'4"

I have been riding the original P3C for 13 years.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric - "Train Smart, Race Smart, Finish Strong"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, here I go:

Got this fittig on a ST roadshow:

Pad x:465
Pad y: 645

Thanks!
T

ianpeace wrote:
Howdy Y’all,

Ian Murray here - fit instructor at both the Slowtwitch F.I.S.T. bike fit school and at the Guru Academy.

I’ve created this thread in a Canyon endorsed capacity to help prescribe the proper Speedmax for you: not just the size of bike, but the front-end configuration as well. That means the length of stem, shape of base bar, amount of arm pad pedestal, etc. to make the Canyon you buy the best it can be.

I’m not the one to answer questions about availability, nor do all manner of customer service, handle warranty issues, nor be a suggestion box about colors and whatnot – but I can and will deliver on fit. I’m not the best guy to this by the way. David (cyclenutnz) is better. Dan (slowman) is better too, but both those guys are too damn busy, so the task has fallen to me – and, frankly, I’m stoked. At the 2017 Kona Expo, I did nearly 40 Canyon Speedmax Sizing fits in 2 days and it was a joy.

If you are looking to buy a Canyon Speedmax and you want to make sure you get the right size, touch base right here on this thread. Best practices are for you to post your Pad Y, Pad X (AKA Pad Stack, Pad Reach) and I will prescribe the proper Speedmax for you. If you don’t know your Pad Y & Pad X then let me assist you in identifying those coordinates.

Happy to help, Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [maninthearena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

maninthearena,

Yes, in Speedmax CF you'd be a large as well. It's harder for me to prescribe the exact position of the front end with the CF but I can tell you that the 90mm stem that comes stock will be perfect. The pads will be pulled back a bit but not all the way and you'll want ~15mm of pads under the stem.

There are pluses and minuses in both the super bikes and the mortal bikes. I respect your decision to stay mortal and keep adjustments/travel/repair etc easy.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Lind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I have a BMC TM01 in ML with stack 515 reach 418 (long and low) and don´t know if the canyon is off. I think of a size M but to me the S is to small and M to big. Am I completely off?

Lind,
You are 100% on right in saying your current bike's Stack is 515 and Reach is 418. I can't prescribe a Canyon Speedmax SLX or any super-bike with Stack and Reach. I need Pad Y and Pad X....and, okay, if I must I'll refer to those numbers as Pad Stack and Pad Reach.

So, here's what I'd like to ask of you..... if you really like your current position on your current bike and you want to use that position to help spec your new ride then follow the instructions below to measure the Pad Y and Pad X off of your current bike. If that- for whatever reason - isn't possible then get back to me with your overall height and seat height and I can get close off of that.

What I'd ask you to do is take your existing bike, get it pretty darn level (kitchen floor maybe - resting against the cabinets so straight up and down that it's nearly tipping over). Then, drop a plumb line (even if this is makeshift, like tying a string to a salt shaker) off the back of your arm pad (front wheel has to be straight in-line with frame) so it's nearly touching the floor. Then measure the gap between that string and the center of your bottom bracket. That's Pad X to rear of pad. Then do it again this time dangling the plumb line from the front of the pad. I want both those numbers. Then - and this one I fear is a two person job, but maybe not - put one end of a level on top of the arm pad and hold the other end (or middle) of the level right beside the nose of saddle. Then measure from the base of that level down to the center of the bottom bracket - that's your Pad Y.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [P3aceFrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello Ian,
I'm planning to buy a speedmax CF.
I did a fit on my road bike recently, but my bikefitter didn't have a dynamic bike to give me reach and stack value for a TT bike.
Can you help me decided wich size I should buy regarding the fit of my road bike and my size, height, ..?

Arthur,
You've given me some good elements with which to work. I appreciate that. I think your Pad Y is very close to 625 and your Pad X is about 482. Based on that....

Canyon Speedmax CF size Medium. That bike comes stock with an 80mm stem and it'll be perfect for you. I think the pads should be 2 holes forward of the furthest-back-they-can-go position, and should have ~15mm of spacer under the stem.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thank you again.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ejchet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello Ian
Thank you for your help, I'm leaning towards the SLX not sure if the CF will work for me what do you think?
Stack 641mm
Reach 558mm

Eric, I very much respect anyone who gets 13 years of use out of a bike, and with the way bicycle tech has been moving along I think you're due for a new ride. I'm trusting you on these numbers to be your Pad Y 641, Pad X 558 (that's lower and longer than I'd expect from a guy of your height).

For the Canyon Speedmax SLX you're a Large with a long stem*, pads back just one hole forward of the all-the-way-back position, and only 10mm of arm pad pedestal. *The long stem is not stock on the this bike the short stem is, and the short will max out with a Pad X of 552. There's lots of room to go up of course there will be 45mm of pedestal available to you in the box.

The CF just doesn't work as well as the SLX for you. You'd need a Large for your Pad Y (XL would be too tall). But the Large is a bit short, maxing out a 513 (even the XL maxes out at 533). If you had to make it work you'd get the XL and bring in an off brand stem that was -17deg and 110mm long. It could be done but, again - SLX!!!

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [trihugger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Got this fittig on a ST roadshow:
Pad x:465
Pad y: 645

Trihugger, These numbers came out of an ST Roadshow....well then I know they're shite!

Which show? When? It was probably either Dan or me (I? help grammar police) who did it!!!

For the Canyon Speedmax SLX it'll be a size Medium with the short stem that comes stock with the bike but you'll need two after-market items: the TSP (to bring the cockpit just a hair shorter than the stock mounts will allow) and a High Stack Flat Spring (to just lift the arm pads 5mm higher than the 45mm of pedestal will allow). The good news is that if your position lowers or lengthens at all you'll have room to move.

For the Canyon Speedmax CF then it's a size small with all the stock bits that come and it and you'll fit perfectly.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ian,

Those are my numbers, checked twice. I ride the P3C without any spacers I'm long an low, I have a 36" inseam so that leaves a tall torso I keep out of the wind.

I want the SLX now when my wife says can't you get the CF, I have a good excuse I don't fit.

When you order the SLX what stem does it come with or do I have the choice?

Thank you for your help.

Eric

Eric - "Train Smart, Race Smart, Finish Strong"
Quote Reply

Prev Next