Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ian - Ill post the numbers next week.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ian. I was afraid of this. I talked to Canyon today, but all they wanted to do was sell me 3 sets of aero bar products that might work. Even after explaining what I had (which was two of what they wanted me to buy), they still suggested I do it and return what is not needed. I think I will resolved to the fact that I need to find a size Large. BTW - Greg Pelican is who fitted me. Perhaps you know of him?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Bikernutz77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bikernutz77,
I'm gonna come out and say it; I'm not 100% confident in your fit. A Pad Y of 691 is high, it's not unheard of but it's high. A Pad X(rear) of 426 and Pad X(center) of ~476 is short. You are outside the norm. You are atypical.

Bikes are built for people. One could argue that people are more similar than they are different (physically at least). Bike makers want to sell bikes to people so they make bikes that fit most people. Sure, some bikes skew to long and low while other bikes skew to short and tall, but they are still in a similar neighborhood. The bike that meets 691/426 is very tall and very short.

If you take a quick glimpse of the chart on this page..
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ric_themes_1321.html
and then read this article..
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ld_Example_6852.html

What you'll find is that the coordinates you're using are super rare.

Those numbers could be right..... if you have 4-5 fused vertebrae in your lumbar spine or your wing span is 6 inches shorter than your overall height or some other VERY unusual situation. It seems far more likely to me that a) the fit process you went through didn't take you forward enough in the seat angle to find the optimum position, b) the saddle you were on didn't allow you to go forward to the nose of it, or some other similar error. The idea is....as your hips move forward so they are over or nearly over the bottom bracket your upper body moves out further too (making Pad X longer) and your able to be very comfortable lower (making Pad Y lower).

I'm open to further discussion on this because I'm all about learning/teaching and I'm sure with both learn more with more conversation.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Last edited by: ianpeace: Jan 7, 20 19:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian - so those Pad X and Y numbers came from the current measurements of my 2010 Fuji D6 size 54. Those numbers were achieved by going through a Fit professional, but the emphasis at the time was pure comfort as I was experiencing neck pains. This was around 3 yrs ago. My build is 5'11", but my legs and arms are long considering the proportion to the my torso (I'm not a freak by any means). The idea behind my current Fitter (Greg) was that we measure my Fuji, apply those measurements to the Canyon, then adjust. We couldn't achieve those measurements with a Medium and then he had strong doubts about the comfort level as well as the low position of the base bar if I were to stand up on the pedals. I took the bike out the other day and at the max stack height that we had it it, yes I was a little uncomfortable. By the numbers, if were to get another 30mm stack on the aero bar spacers, he though I could be comfortable in the aero position, but the excessive drop to the base bar still had him concerned about stability and power transfer. I can add one more 20mm spacer, but not 30mm (problem is I only have one spacer, not two - the other is missing). I can attest that after riding and trying, it certainly felt old, but w/o any hills to get on I couldn't say much about the power transfer being optimum. Given the limitations of the adjustability on the size Medium, we stopped the fit process and......here I am.

Do you think acquiring a Large is going to work? I can say this about myself, Although a bit older, I am flexible, carrying less weight, and was looking to get a bit more aggressive on the fit anyway. I'm slowly understanding the fit process and see how those original numbers appear to be skewed. Not sure what I can do, which is why I turned to this forum.

ianpeace wrote:
Bikernutz77,
I'm gonna come out and say it; I'm not 100% confident in your fit. A Pad Y of 691 is high, it's not unheard of but it's high. A Pad X(rear) of 426 and Pad X(center) of ~476 is short. You are outside the norm. You are atypical.

Bikes are built for people. One could argue that people are more similar than they are different (physically at least). Bike makers want to sell bikes to people so they make bikes that fit most people. Sure, some bikes skew to long and low while other bikes skew to short and tall, but they are still in a similar neighborhood. The bike that meets 691/426 is very tall and very short.

If you take a quick glimpse of the chart on this page..
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ric_themes_1321.html
and then read this article..
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ld_Example_6852.html

What you'll find is that the coordinates you're using are super rare.

Those numbers could be right..... if you have 4-5 fused vertebrae in your lumbar spine or your wing span is 6 inches shorter than your overall height or some other VERY unusual situation. It seems far more likely to me that a) the fit process you went through didn't take you forward enough in the seat angle to find the optimum position, b) the saddle you were on didn't allow you to go forward to the nose of it, or some other similar error. The idea is....as your hips move forward so they are over or nearly over the bottom bracket your upper body moves out further too (making Pad X longer) and your able to be very comfortable lower (making Pad Y lower).

I'm open to further discussion on this because I'm all about learning/teaching and I'm sure with both learn more with more conversation.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Bikernutz77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ian - .....The idea behind my current [fit] was that we measure my Fuji, apply those measurements to the Canyon, then adjust. We couldn't achieve those measurements with a Medium and then he had strong doubts about the comfort level as well as the low position of the base bar if I were to stand up on the pedals. I took the bike out the other day and at the max stack height that we had it it, yes I was a little uncomfortable. By the numbers, if were to get another 30mm stack on the aero bar spacers, he though I could be comfortable in the aero position, but the excessive drop to the base bar still had him concerned about stability and power transfer. I can add one more 20mm spacer, but not 30mm (problem is I only have one spacer, not two - the other is missing). I can attest that after riding and trying, it certainly felt old, but w/o any hills to get on I couldn't say much about the power transfer being optimum. Given the limitations of the adjustability on the size Medium, we stopped the fit process and......here I am.

Do you think acquiring a Large is going to work? I can say this about myself, Although a bit older, I am flexible, carrying less weight, and was looking to get a bit more aggressive on the fit anyway. I'm slowly understanding the fit process and see how those original numbers appear to be skewed. Not sure what I can do, which is why I turned to this forum.

Bikernutz77,
I'm glad you turned to this forum. There are some quality resources here.

I'm still dubious about the numbers. In 2010 Fuji made their bikes in t-shirt sizes. You're probably on a Medium or an M/L (you can see the geo chart here https://archive.fujibikes.com/2010/Fuji/d6-comp comp has same geometry as the pro). That bike is pretty slack at 76 degrees and I'm still super curious about what saddle you had on there and where you sat on that saddle. I still think you're hips are too far back and because of that your whole fit is off. In short, you're chasing bad numbers.

The real way to purchase a tri is by getting fit first from a fitter who is educated, experienced, and has a dynamic fit bike. Gotta check all three of those boxes. There is a process that can take an athlete like yourself to find your optimal position. Then those Pad Y and Pad X numbers can be searched to match the bike to your position before you buy. Sometimes we can purchase a bike by taking the measurements off an existing bike but that's only if a) the existing bike is fit well and b) if the new bike can meet those numbers.

Based on all the info you've given me here's my best advice: keep your medium, get a rise base bar for that 2018 model year and it will lift where ever you are now up 25mm. You seem to suggest that you're pretty close and 25mm is a lot so maybe the pads will come up to where you need 'em. This move will also lift the bull horns up as well so that gap from the aero position to the "pursuit position" will be less. If you get a large SLX it will be too long for you - again, at these numbers.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ian. I appreciate your advise and knowledge sharing. I'm trying to acquire the "missing" 20mm spacer I need, so hopefully I'll find one and/or Canyon can send me one. To answer a couple questions, I sit fairly forward on the saddle. I had the Fuji D6 Matt Reed Signature Edition. My old saddle was and iSM PN2.1 40. I am also trying the iSM PN3.0 30 as it seems a little softer up front and the width seems better. The person doing my fit is pretty knowledgeable. He helped Dan Empfield develop the F.I.S.T. and/or Guru system (can't remember which one), he's a ITU National Champion and has been racing for close to 30 years now. I trust his judgement, but certainly everyone has an opinion and viewpoint.

I agree with your statement about a large being too long for me. Without looking at the numbers, it just looks like a limousine to me. However, I cannot raise the bullhorn (base bar). Canyon told me on the phone that is stationary and not adjustable vertically, so that distance from the cups to the bullhorns are only going to increase slightly. I'll see how it goes. Thank you again. Really appreciate your insight.

Jeff

ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
Ian - .....The idea behind my current [fit] was that we measure my Fuji, apply those measurements to the Canyon, then adjust. We couldn't achieve those measurements with a Medium and then he had strong doubts about the comfort level as well as the low position of the base bar if I were to stand up on the pedals. I took the bike out the other day and at the max stack height that we had it it, yes I was a little uncomfortable. By the numbers, if were to get another 30mm stack on the aero bar spacers, he though I could be comfortable in the aero position, but the excessive drop to the base bar still had him concerned about stability and power transfer. I can add one more 20mm spacer, but not 30mm (problem is I only have one spacer, not two - the other is missing). I can attest that after riding and trying, it certainly felt old, but w/o any hills to get on I couldn't say much about the power transfer being optimum. Given the limitations of the adjustability on the size Medium, we stopped the fit process and......here I am.

Bikernutz77,
I'm glad you turned to this forum. There are some quality resources here.

I'm still dubious about the numbers. In 2010 Fuji made their bikes in t-shirt sizes. You're probably on a Medium or an M/L (you can see the geo chart here https://archive.fujibikes.com/2010/Fuji/d6-comp comp has same geometry as the pro). That bike is pretty slack at 76 degrees and I'm still super curious about what saddle you had on there and where you sat on that saddle. I still think you're hips are too far back and because of that your whole fit is off. In short, you're chasing bad numbers.

The real way to purchase a tri is by getting fit first from a fitter who is educated, experienced, and has a dynamic fit bike. Gotta check all three of those boxes. There is a process that can take an athlete like yourself to find your optimal position. Then those Pad Y and Pad X numbers can be searched to match the bike to your position before you buy. Sometimes we can purchase a bike by taking the measurements off an existing bike but that's only if a) the existing bike is fit well and b) if the new bike can meet those numbers.

Based on all the info you've given me here's my best advice: keep your medium, get a rise base bar for that 2018 model year and it will lift where ever you are now up 25mm. You seem to suggest that you're pretty close and 25mm is a lot so maybe the pads will come up to where you need 'em. This move will also lift the bull horns up as well so that gap from the aero position to the "pursuit position" will be less. If you get a large SLX it will be too long for you - again, at these numbers.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Canyon told me on the phone that is stationary and not adjustable vertically, so that distance from the cups to the bullhorns are only going to increase slightly.

There's a problem here, a misunderstanding.

The 2018 bike, the one you have, was designed with 3 different base bars: a flat bar that came stock (that's the one you have), a drop bar, and a rise bar. The aerobars mount onto the base bar using two different pedestals and the sloping base bar lifts the aerobars up when you switch from flat or rise. It lifts the aerobars 25mm. The 2019 SLX has a different front end - only one base bar, the flat one. My assumption is that that is where the misunderstanding is happening. I just called Canyon USA customer service at 833-226-9661 and spoke with Olivier, he confirmed for me that the 2018 Speedmax SLX Riserbar is in stock.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Why didn't Canyon tell me that when I talked to them??? I'll call them tomorrow. THANK YOU!

ianpeace wrote:
Quote:
Canyon told me on the phone that is stationary and not adjustable vertically, so that distance from the cups to the bullhorns are only going to increase slightly.

The 2018 bike, the one you have, was designed with 3 different base bars: a flat bar that came stock (that's the one you have), a drop bar, and a rise bar. The aerobars mount onto the base bar using two different pedestals and the sloping base bar lifts the aerobars up when you switch from flat or rise. It lifts the aerobars 25mm. The 2019 SLX has a different front end - only one base bar, the flat one. My assumption is that that is where the misunderstanding is happening. I just called Canyon USA customer service at 833-226-9661 and spoke with Olivier, he confirmed for me that the 2018 Speedmax SLX Riserbar is in stock.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian

I am hoping to get a Speedmax cf as first tri bile and I am hoping you can help me with fit..... I am currently between the small and medium based on height.... the only measurements I have are below as I cannot find a dynamic bike fit in Belfast, N. Ireland.....
Height - 1780mm
Inseam - 805mm
Shoulder to wrist bone - 560mm (apparently I have short arms!)

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Thomas
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Tomtom2084] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas, do you have a current road bike that fits well? And if so what's your saddle height (center of bottom bracket to top of saddle in the middle of saddle). Let me know And If not I can use what you've given me.
Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian

I have a Caad12 54cm. Bottom bracket to saddle is approx. 700mm

Thanks for the quick response!

Thomas
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Tomtom2084] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi Ian

I am hoping to get a Speedmax cf as first tri bile and I am hoping you can help me with fit..... I am currently between the small and medium based on height.... the only measurements I have are below as I cannot find a dynamic bike fit in Belfast, N. Ireland.....
Height - 1780mm
Inseam - 805mm
Shoulder to wrist bone - 560mm (apparently I have short arms!)

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks, Thomas

I have a Caad12 54cm. Bottom bracket to saddle is approx. 700mm

Thomas,

I think you're Pad Y is around 623 and your Pad X is ~481. The proper Canyon Speedmax CF would be a size Medium. The 80mm stem that comes stock on that bike will be perfect. You'll have plenty of room to move the pads up/down/fore/aft to find your perfect spot. The Small could work but the highest the Pad X goes on the small is 472 and I'm just 100% sure you're gonna want to ride that low - but if you do the Medium goes down to 467 so you'll be able to do that. The Medium gives you a better rang for your body.

I want to set you up for total success so here it comes: approximately 90% of new and used bike purchases that come through my fit studio need a new stem to find the right (read: comfortable) position - that will not be the case for you. Approximately 70% of new and used bike purchases that come through my fit studio need a new saddle - you might love the saddle that comes on that bike, it'll be a wait and see situation. My point is that it's very rare that a new bike comes spec'd with everything that's right for you. To that end...I'm pretty certain that this bike will arrive with 175mm cranks on while that's rideable, it's not optimal. I want you to plan accordingly - my advice is to seek out and be ready to purchase a set of 165mm Shimano 105 or Ultegra cranks with 52x36 chain rings (used cranks are fine, but new rings would be important). If your new CF arrives with 175s pull 'em and sell them as never ridden and install the 165s.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI...got the new Riser Bar. Stripped out the Flat bar and all the wiring. However, the hole for the Di2 cables for the brake handles are nearly the exact same size as the plug on the wire, meaning it aint’t going in. This is frustrating. I’m taking it to a bike shop to see if they can work some magic.

Bikernutz77 wrote:
Awesome! Why didn't Canyon tell me that when I talked to them??? I'll call them tomorrow. THANK YOU!

ianpeace wrote:
Quote:

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
FYI...got the new Riser Bar. Stripped out the Flat bar and all the wiring. However, the hole for the Di2 cables for the brake handles are nearly the exact same size as the plug on the wire, meaning it aint’t going in. This is frustrating. I’m taking it to a bike shop to see if they can work some magic.

UGGG! I'm so sorry this process has been such a struggle. I'm pretty confident that the shop will resolve it. Please keep me posted here.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian

Thanks for your help, really appreciate the steer.
Is there much difference between the old cf8.0 and the “new” cf 7.0 in terms of sizing and/or performance. Both are available on the canyon website in medium.

Cheers

Thomas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ian

Thanks for your help, really appreciate the steer.
Is there much difference between the old cf8.0 and the “new” cf 7.0 in terms of sizing and/or performance. Both are available on the canyon website in medium.

Cheers

Thomas

Thomas,
The real difference between the 8.0 and the 7.0 is the build and, therefore, the price. I see both of those on sale on the US Canyon site right now as well: the 7.0 is a 105 bike and the 8.0 is an Ultegra bike and there's a $400 difference. Is there a performance difference - not too much. 105 is a hair heavier than Ultegra but remember a lighter bike ONLY helps you going up hill (same on flats, hurts on descents).

In terms of sizing - and I want to give you a comprehensive answer here - there's no difference between the 2019 and 2020 CF bikes. Those bikes have the same geometry in the frame and are built with the same front end: specifically the Profile Design Subsonic aerobar. The 2018 CF had a PD Supersonic bar that did change the Pad X numbers but you'd only stumble on that if you were buying from the used market.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian

Perfect, thanks very much for your help!

Thomas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ian,

Got my guru fit today; pad stack is 611 and pad reach is 539.

Looks like the speedmax medium is the closest.
Fit also showed 165mm cranks, and 15 deg of angle.

What do you think? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [titan4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hey Ian,

Got my guru fit today; pad stack is 611 and pad reach is 539.

Looks like the speedmax medium is the closest.
Fit also showed 165mm cranks, and 15 deg of angle.

What do you think? Thank you.

titan4,
I tell you exactly what I think: Bike Fitting is Good! You mentioned in a previous post that your b14 was 641/430 and you weren't comfortable. You had a proper fit done and now you're at 611/539 - NICE!!!

Here's the prescription.... Canyon Speedmax SLX size Medium. That bike comes with a short stem the max Pad X with that stem is 529 so you need the long stem. Then you need 15mm of arm pad pedestal and you're within 1mm of your fit. I love that you had it done with 165s and the 15deg angle is aerobar tilt, yes? Sounds great.

Keep me posted, Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ian,

Yes 15 deg is aero bar tilt.

So after getting through with the fit the one thing we thought was the medium stand over height was a bit high for me. The other thing we noticed is the canyon rear bottle mount limited me on seat adjustment.

Looking at my fit notes the x/y to pad center is 510/653. The numbers I gave you were the guru pad stack and reach.

With that being said, my fitter thought it was best to go to the small being lighter and giving me more flexibility, still with the 165mm cranks, look for an after market 15 deg and change the aero bars to the ski bend.

Do you think a small is still a good choice?

Do you have recommendations for the 15 degree tilt? The 9 deg angle kit from canyon isn’t compatible with the 2019 SLX.

Thank you so much!
Last edited by: titan4: Jan 17, 20 14:37
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [titan4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hey Ian,

Yes 15 deg is aero bar tilt.
So after getting through with the fit the one thing we thought was the medium stand over height was a bit high for me. The other thing we noticed is the canyon rear bottle mount limited me on seat adjustment.
Looking at my fit notes the x/y to pad center is 510/653. The numbers I gave you were the guru pad stack and reach.
With that being said, my fitter thought it was best to go to the small being lighter and giving me more flexibility, still with the 165mm cranks, look for an after market 15 deg and change the aero bars to the ski bend.
Do you think a small is still a good choice?
Do you have recommendations for the 15 degree tilt? The 9 deg angle kit from canyon isn’t compatible with the 2019 SLX.
Thank you so much!

titan4,
Oh boy, we're deep in the weeds now. Let's work through this together and figure it out.

First the truly critical aspect:
"the x/y to pad center is 510/653. The numbers I gave you were the guru pad stack and reach."
Pad Stack = Pad Y. Pad Reach = Pad X. Those terms speak to the same location. I like Pad Y and Pad X as it reduces confusion with a whole other set of numbers called Stack and Reach that will will NOT be using in prescribing super tri bikes. Guru doesn't have yet another meaning for Pad Stack and Pad Reach - and thank goodness for that. So the numbers you sent me in an earlier post: 611/539 - what are those, they can't be HY and HX (which Guru does use)? And what is 653/510? I think I need to see the fit report that you're fitter gave you when you left. Can you email it to be Ian at TeamTTS dot com?

If your Pad Y is 611 and your Pad X is 539 when then you've got your bike, see 2 posts above this. And yes, you could fit on a small too (again, if this is your Pad Y and Pad X) with a long stem + an aftermarket item Canyon sells called a TSP (Team Switch Plate) and then you'd need the maximum arm pad pedestal of 45mm. There was some suggestion of "more flexibility" on the small - nope, if these are your numbers you are painted into the utmost talles and longest corner of the small possible. Your concern about stand over and your VERY long Pad X suggests to me that you're about 5'6" ish and your inseam is about 10 inches. It seems unlikely.

If your Pad Y is 653 and your Pad X is 510 then the right bike for you is a Large. You cannot fit on a Medium, you cannot fit on a Small.

There's other tid bits to discuss in here like...The tilt on the SLX is zero or seven and nothing in between. The Speedmax comes stock with a ski bend aerobar. The rear bottle mount..if the seat height is low then the Speedmax behind the seat bottle can't be used but you could mount any behind the seat cage that mounts on the saddle rails - let's not get bogged down in any of that now. We really need to figure out your Pad Y and Pad X - send me something.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Last edited by: ianpeace: Jan 17, 20 17:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ian,

Below is my fit info; I am 5'9.25" or apprx 176 cm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
titan4,

I love it....for me it's CSI Bike Fit!!!

We're assuming that you had a good fit done, by a fitter who knows the heck their doing. And let me speak to that for a sec: yes, you had a fitting done on a Guru DFU but you didn't have a "Guru Fit", nobody's ever had a Guru Fit or a Retul Fit. My dynamic fit bike is an Exit Cycle and I can guarantee nobody's ever said they had an Exit Fit. You had a fit done by Larry or Sue or BobbyJoe or Kendrick. As Slowman once said so wisely.... "nobody has ever stood at the water cooler on Monday and said, 'man, I went to the best Fender guitar concert last night'....what they say is 'man, I heard Mark Knopfler play last night and his music is the truth'". It's not the tool, it's the craftsman.

So, let's assume these numbers are right. Your Pad Y (Pad Stack) is 611. Your Pad X (Pad Reach) 539. So it's a Medium, Long Stem, 15mm of Pedestal.

I still want to see the full fit report so send it when you can - and here's why. I don't believe for one second that your Pad X is 539. I would bet $100 that it's closer to 490 than it is to 539. I can think of a few ways that error could have happened but let's see the whole fit report, I'll call your fitter if I have questions. I'm all in now, I'm not stopping 'til I know what's what.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello!I need help.In 2018 I bought a Canyon Speedmax CF8.0 in size S. My height is 171cm and it corresponds to size guide in Canyon web page (165-175cm) in size Small.
After I did the bike fit I found out that I have long legs and a short torso.All the time I have a feeling that I am moving forward. I was not comfortable to sit on the seat, a strong pressure on the soft tissue.Please tell me, will the replacement of the stem from 80mm to 60mm help me? And sorry for my English.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CF and CF SLX [Hensem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello!I need help.In 2018 I bought a Canyon Speedmax CF8.0 in size S. My height is 171cm and it corresponds to size guide in Canyon web page (165-175cm) in size Small.
After I did the bike fit I found out that I have long legs and a short torso.All the time I have a feeling that I am moving forward. I was not comfortable to sit on the seat, a strong pressure on the soft tissue.Please tell me, will the replacement of the stem from 80mm to 60mm help me? And sorry for my English.

Hensem, You're having two problem: 1) saddle discomfort and 2) a feeling of sliding forward.

Let's talk about #2 first - The shorter stem may help but the shortest that Canyon makes is a 70 so try that one first.

As to the saddle - the one that came on the bike may not be the right one for you. I believe the only way to find the right saddle is to put several under neath you and pedal for a bit to see if immediately feels better. Can you get dressed in cycling gear and go to your local shop to try several saddles?

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply

Prev Next