Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread
Quote | Reply
Hi Folks,

Just thought on the idea to have a P5X thread so we could share experiences, hacks and problems.

Mine is a P5X etap.

I am currently facing some challenges with the front derailleur, its is missing the changes from big to small gear and dropping the chain, that never happened to me before with my shimanos di2. Any tips on how to avoid it or anyone facing the same problem ?

Also, anyone running the P5X with a full DA Di2 Hydraulic and could share experiences ?

Leo
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [leontuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are you liking the bike? Is it as awesome as I think it is?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
regarding the FD.. looks like the low limit is going to far.. or maybe the FD is installed a little high.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am happy to say it is f****** awesome!
I came from a Felt IA, which i tought was very fast, confortable but a little hard to handdle.

This bike is way more confortable, way faster and far more easy to control.

If you have the opportunity and if your fitter say its good for you, go for it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you elaborate on the comfort aspect? Wouldn't this just be a product of your saddle selection + proper fit + tires = overall comfort feeling?

genuinely curious, as I'm on an IA currently.

3toronto Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm starting to get the urge and am now considering whether to go etap or Di2. Di2 is close to bombproof in my experience . . . I know nothing about etap. Are the wheels worth it? Do you have a PM - which?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [416_CBass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
416_CBass wrote:
Can you elaborate on the comfort aspect? Wouldn't this just be a product of your saddle selection + proper fit + tires = overall comfort feeling?

genuinely curious, as I'm on an IA currently.

There is not much science into it, in general aspects my fit changed very little in comparison to the IA and i kept using same tires (vittoria 25mm) with ism saddles. I just fee better and more in control on the p5x than i ever fet with my IA FRD LTD.

If there is something that i would change it is only the etap for a da di2 hydraulic.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
I'm starting to get the urge and am now considering whether to go etap or Di2. Di2 is close to bombproof in my experience . . . I know nothing about etap. Are the wheels worth it? Do you have a PM - which?

Hi David, the Hed wheels are great and i personally rather the di2. I just got this spec because i got a really good deal on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fred here. Ultegra '17 version of p5x. SF Bay Area. Happy to join the club!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
leontuna wrote:
david wrote:

Hi David, the Hed wheels are great and i personally rather the di2. I just got this spec because i got a really good deal on it.

My first set of HED wheels...have zipp 303s on my road bike. Are the HEDs more durable than they feel? I worry about strapping it to my yakima rack on top of my car....
Also anyone have a set of non-race wheels for their p5x and what are you running? Probably will be a purchase down the road so Im not rocking the Jet 6.9 set up all the time.
Last edited by: spectrum5825: Jan 18, 18 16:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get mine (2018 ultegra Di2) in about 3 weeks. Powertap P1 pedals. Since I'm used to riding an 808 front and 808+disc cover in the rear, I bought a new wheelset to put on - Jet+ 9 disc brake in the front, and disc wheel in the rear. I also picked up a pair of the extra long Topeak valve extenders that I'm used to using. Between their length and the fact that they don't require tubes with removable valve cores I've been able to use more or less any available tubes if I didn't happen to have my preferred ones at hand. However, while these valve extenders worked well on the Zipps their diameter is slightly too large to fit through the valve hole in the HED wheels, which is a problem I didn't expect. The HED extenders are $25 each at the sites I've looked at. Anybody know of a less expensive option that works?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just had to re-read the title..i thought for a second it said "Dentists Only"

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [Leavitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:

This joke is getting really old. It's not funny at all.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up selling mine. For long course and for what I do, the P5-6 was just a better bike. Tunnel tested with me in position just a hair faster and it was lighter. I use this for TT riding as well so its a no brainer.

The P5X was slick no doubt, but I don't need to store the kitchen sink and I didn't need the extra weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What were some things you liked? What were some things that you didn't like?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Leavitt wrote:

This joke is getting really old. It's not funny at all.

Agreed, grew tired of that 'joke' years ago. Hell, I wish I were a dentist! :)
P5X really isn't -that- much more than other top end bikes. I had considered looking for a second hand one, but like another poster said, I think it is overkill for what I need, I don't tend to ever carry much on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only reason people are mad is because it wasn't what they were expecting from Cervelo. The P5-6 is $10,000. The P5-X with Di2 and HED Jets is $11,000. What is the big deal?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
The only reason people are mad is because it wasn't what they were expecting from Cervelo. The P5-6 is $10,000. The P5-X with Di2 and HED Jets is $11,000. What is the big deal?

I think a lot of people maybe are used to seeing cheaper 'options' on a bike. For example, you can pretty easily find a P5-6 frameset on sale for 3k give or take, similar for felt and trek frames. With the P5X, you're either in for an entire bike or not at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right...but that happened after the P5-6 was out for a few years.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a different looking bike for sure and it screams $$$$ when you see it. But the P5-6 decked out to where I wanted it was 10K anyways as you said, so I never understand the people who were like this is stupid buy a P5-6 instead and pay...10grand....

I was ultimately down to the PR6 and P5x and just happen to get a better all in price on the p5x. Yea, it was a lot of cash but I also plan on keeping this bike for many years.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [spectrum5825] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome! yeah the haters were silenced after the wind tunnel test. Then they found new ways to complain about it. It's an awesome bike. Perhaps a P3-X will be coming soon? Slowtwitch would go nuts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I still think it's funny. In 10 years I'll still think it's funny!

With that being said, I love the bike, would love to own it!

I'm sure I'm the US, those prices are spot on. Here in Ontario, once Trudumb and Orville Redenbacher get their sticky fingers into your pocket, for the ultegra build you would be north of $15,000 close to $20,000 for the etap. I love the bike, I don't have that kind of money.
The P5-6 etap build is $13,000 plus sticky fingers, and the P2 is just under $4,000 plus sticky fingers, so across the board it's not 'cheap' to buy a new bike!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [Leavitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:
Well, I still think it's funny. In 10 years I'll still think it's funny!

With that being said, I love the bike, would love to own it!

I'm sure I'm the US, those prices are spot on. Here in Ontario, once Trudumb and Orville Redenbacher get their sticky fingers into your pocket, for the ultegra build you would be north of $15,000 close to $20,000 for the etap. I love the bike, I don't have that kind of money.
The P5-6 etap build is $13,000 plus sticky fingers, and the P2 is just under $4,000 plus sticky fingers, so across the board it's not 'cheap' to buy a new bike!

The price of the P5X might be somewhat fixed, not discounted, but the rest of the bikes you mentioned, along with bikes from other big brands, are easy to find on sale, marked down way below MSRP, all over the place in both the US and Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough, I'll admit I do shop online on occasion, but I guess I personally try to support the local guy when I can.

Enough with the hi-jack, back to all things P5-x

Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P5x Owners Thread [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Silca extensions work great on my HED wheels. They offer types for non removable cores as well.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply

Prev Next