Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoping to get on the Zoot team. Find out soon, I guess.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [CanyonJay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They must have sold out fast because I'm seeing they are not available...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [I ride Fuji's] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride Fuji's wrote:
They must have sold out fast because I'm seeing they are not available...

You may want to call them to be sure.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, Canyon, Garmin, Gatorade Smith Optics, SpeedFil, OttoLock, ORR Cycling Wheels, BASE Nutrition
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [commandersnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi folks! I'm between the Premiere Tactical or the Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 8.0 right now. I'm curious on some things
-I see that the cockpit can be set at 7 or 0 degrees. Is there any in between here? Any 3rd party solutions?
-I see in Europe you can essentially buy a Speedmax CF SLX 8.0 without nice wheels. I'd love this option considering I have wheels already, rather than having to sell back the canyon wheels after buying. Looking for all thoughts/ advice here.

The premiere is a super, super compelling option. I already have a Scicon bag, but love the Premiere option. I'd sell my Scicon to get the premiere box, can buy the bike without wheels, and have more flexibility in the fit. The only things that the Canyon that Premiere doesnt are a.) Integrated storage and b.) the brand. I love the canyon brand and the athletes involved. I really love the look of the Canyon as well.

I think if Canyon was to have a nice Black Friday Sale too, I'd probably pull the trigger. I was planning on waiting to buy a bike until January (traveling for work through december) but im biting at the bit.

I'd love to hear more reasons as to why I should go for Canyon.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [travisfodor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I called Canyon and they don't plan on having any stock until Jan/Feb.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [frebay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They told me 3W last Monday!!

When it comes to the cockpit, does Canyon provides those 0/7 angle brackets in the box? So extra ones to adjust the height?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mdiaz wrote:
They told me 3W last Monday!!

When it comes to the cockpit, does Canyon provides those 0/7 angle brackets in the box? So extra ones to adjust the height?

Nope, those are not included. A set cost 100euro.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From where? I don’t see those kits in their website :-S

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mdiaz wrote:
From where? I don’t see those kits in their website :-S

Thank you!

You have to request them in the email with your configuration ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
Mdiaz wrote:
From where? I don’t see those kits in their website :-S

Thank you!

You have to request them in the email with your configuration ;)

Pretty smart haha! Thank you for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [frebay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frebay wrote:
FWIW, I called Canyon and they don't plan on having any stock until Jan/Feb.

@CanyonJay can you please confirm you guys won’t have any stock of speedmax until Jan/Feb? That could be a game changer for me. I called the other they and they told me 3 weeks....

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which speedmax were you interested in getting?

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mdiaz wrote:
frebay wrote:
FWIW, I called Canyon and they don't plan on having any stock until Jan/Feb.


@CanyonJay can you please confirm you guys won’t have any stock of speedmax until Jan/Feb? That could be a game changer for me. I called the other they and they told me 3 weeks....

Thanks!!

I've given up on Canyon. They aren't able to keep up with inventory on their popular bikes and their "email alert when in stock" has never worked for me. I've called them to get ETAs for new inventory and it's always been a lot longer than they say. When they do get new stock, I have yet to receive an email alerting me (which you can sign up for) and then what I want has already sold out.

I've decided to stick with my local bike shops instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [frebay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frebay wrote:
Which speedmax were you interested in getting?

My bad :)

SPEEDMAX CF SLX 8.0 SL

I’ll make it dura-car by myself, which will be way cheaper with Black Friday around the corner. I just don’t won’t those super high dollar Zipp wheels but since we do not have the same catalog that in EU, I’ll have to go with plan B :)instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [NickMa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickMa wrote:
I'm 186cm and legs are 92cm, I ride canyon speedmax slx in size M.
Feel good, L definitely would be too big.

It seems that Canyon bikes come little bigger than the competition... I've been riding M for my whole life (175cm) both road and TT, but the recommend me to go with an S when it comes to the Speedmax.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mdiaz wrote:
NickMa wrote:
I'm 186cm and legs are 92cm, I ride canyon speedmax slx in size M.

Feel good, L definitely would be too big.


It seems that Canyon bikes come little bigger than the competition... I've been riding M for my whole life (175cm) both road and TT, but the recommend me to go with an S when it comes to the Speedmax.


It depends on the pad stack and pad reach you want to ride:
  • In both the 2018 and 2019 frames, there is a choice of stem (65mm or 85mm) that changes the pad reach range possible.
  • In the 2018 frames there is choice of 3 base bars and because of where the pads / spacers mount that changes the pad stack ranges possible on each.
  • In the 2019 frames, the arm rests mount to a central pedestal, but the pad stack range is smaller and with a like for like "flat" 2018 base bar also a bit taller.
  • As noted above there is a team switch plate kit that allows the 2018 arm pads to be both narrower and less pad reach. There is also an angled spacer kit both of which are ordered when you configure the bike.
  • The 2018 bikes have a 1-piece bottle, the 2019 bikes is 2 piece that joins under / through the arm pad pedestal.

In my case for pad stack = 620, pad reach (centre) = 509, bb-saddle = 809 (albeit I raced this season at a pad reach (centre) of 533. I'm 181cm tall, but long limbs):
  • 2018 medium, 85mm stem, flat bar and pedestalled up quite high. With the longer pad reach I rode this year, it would be the absolute max pad reach possible.
  • 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop or the flat bar with relatively few spacers. On the flat bar I cant go down much (~15mm max), the drop bar I'm very near the middle of window, but would need the team switch plate for less pad reach. (Actual pad reach without the switch plate when set like this should be 511).
  • 2019 large does not fit as too much pad stack. 2019 medium would fit with the 85mm stem and pedestalled like the 2018 bike.

Anyway I actually ordered a 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop bar and the various accessories. The one-piece bottle and a front-centre much closer to what I like / am used to riding swung it for me. The other bike that would sensibly work for me is a Trek SC, but all depends on your fit.
Last edited by: Yellow: Nov 14, 18 6:50
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Yellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yellow wrote:
Mdiaz wrote:
NickMa wrote:
I'm 186cm and legs are 92cm, I ride canyon speedmax slx in size M.

Feel good, L definitely would be too big.


It seems that Canyon bikes come little bigger than the competition... I've been riding M for my whole life (175cm) both road and TT, but the recommend me to go with an S when it comes to the Speedmax.


It depends on the stack and reach you want to ride:
  • In both the 2018 and 2019 frames, there is a choice of stem (65mm or 85mm) that changes the reach range possible.
  • In the 2018 frames there is choice of 3 base bars and because of where the pads / spacers mount that changes the stack ranges possible on each.
  • In the 2019 frames, the arm rests mount to a central pedestal, but the stack range is smaller and with a like for like "flat" 2018 base bar also a bit taller.
  • As noted above there is a team switch plate kit that allows the 2018 arm pads to be both narrower and less reach. There is also an angled spacer kit both of which are ordered when you configure the bike.
  • The 2018 bikes have a 1-piece bottle, the 2019 bikes is 2 piece that joins under / through the arm pad pedestal.

In my case for stack = 620, reach = 509, bb-saddle = 809 (albeit I raced this season at a reach of 533. I'm 181cm tall, but long limbs):
  • 2018 medium, 85mm stem, flat bar and pedestalled up quite high. With the longer reach I rode this year, it would be the absolute max reach possible.
  • 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop or the flat bar with relatively few spacers. On the flat bar I cant go down much (~15mm max), the drop bar I'm very near the middle of window, but would need the team switch plate for less reach. (Actual reach without the switch plate when set like this should be 511).
  • 2019 large does not fit as too much stack. 2019 medium would fit with the 85mm stem and pedestalled like the 2018 bike.
Anyway I actually ordered a 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop bar and the various accessories. The one-piece bottle and a front-centre much closer to what I like / am used to riding swung it for me. The other bike that would sensibly work for me is a Trek SC, but all depends on your fit.

couple of things. first, it's much easier if by "stack" and "reach" you say what you really mean. is it "pad stack"? if so, please say it, because "stack" means something entirely different.

second, mdiaz is right. canyon bikes are "bigger" than the competition, if by "bigger" what is meant is that a canyon in size small is "bigger" than other bikes in size small.

canyons are "bigger" not in height, but in length. however, it's the length that matters, because the height of a canyon, in an SLX, is quite adjustable. you can - as you know - change the pursuit bar as well as the pads, and quite liberally. you can change the length as well, for fit purposes, but you can't change the wheelbase, and specifically the front-center. you can change nothing below the head tube.

for this reason, i'd ride a size L in a speed concept but a size M in a speedmax. this isn't just a speedmax thing. i'd also ride a size M in a dimond.

you all are about to get a little help on this. because of the heavy interest in canyon tri bikes here, and because canyons are about to become a lot more available in the US, and because this is a consumer-direct brand, and you don't have your LBS in the middle guiding you (which may be a good thing, actually, depending on your LBS), i've enlisted some help in matching you to the canyon you need. this will become apparent to you all quite soon.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you heard anything about availability of Canyon in Canada yet?

Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Unattainable goals for 2019/2020 season. https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6944848#p6944848
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Yellow wrote:
Mdiaz wrote:
NickMa wrote:
I'm 186cm and legs are 92cm, I ride canyon speedmax slx in size M.

Feel good, L definitely would be too big.


It seems that Canyon bikes come little bigger than the competition... I've been riding M for my whole life (175cm) both road and TT, but the recommend me to go with an S when it comes to the Speedmax.


It depends on the stack and reach you want to ride:
  • In both the 2018 and 2019 frames, there is a choice of stem (65mm or 85mm) that changes the reach range possible.
  • In the 2018 frames there is choice of 3 base bars and because of where the pads / spacers mount that changes the stack ranges possible on each.
  • In the 2019 frames, the arm rests mount to a central pedestal, but the stack range is smaller and with a like for like "flat" 2018 base bar also a bit taller.
  • As noted above there is a team switch plate kit that allows the 2018 arm pads to be both narrower and less reach. There is also an angled spacer kit both of which are ordered when you configure the bike.
  • The 2018 bikes have a 1-piece bottle, the 2019 bikes is 2 piece that joins under / through the arm pad pedestal.

In my case for stack = 620, reach = 509, bb-saddle = 809 (albeit I raced this season at a reach of 533. I'm 181cm tall, but long limbs):
  • 2018 medium, 85mm stem, flat bar and pedestalled up quite high. With the longer reach I rode this year, it would be the absolute max reach possible.
  • 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop or the flat bar with relatively few spacers. On the flat bar I cant go down much (~15mm max), the drop bar I'm very near the middle of window, but would need the team switch plate for less reach. (Actual reach without the switch plate when set like this should be 511).
  • 2019 large does not fit as too much stack. 2019 medium would fit with the 85mm stem and pedestalled like the 2018 bike.
Anyway I actually ordered a 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop bar and the various accessories. The one-piece bottle and a front-centre much closer to what I like / am used to riding swung it for me. The other bike that would sensibly work for me is a Trek SC, but all depends on your fit.


couple of things. first, it's much easier if by "stack" and "reach" you say what you really mean. is it "pad stack"? if so, please say it, because "stack" means something entirely different.

second, mdiaz is right. canyon bikes are "bigger" than the competition, if by "bigger" what is meant is that a canyon in size small is "bigger" than other bikes in size small.

canyons are "bigger" not in height, but in length. however, it's the length that matters, because the height of a canyon, in an SLX, is quite adjustable. you can - as you know - change the pursuit bar as well as the pads, and quite liberally. you can change the length as well, for fit purposes, but you can't change the wheelbase, and specifically the front-center. you can change nothing below the head tube.

for this reason, i'd ride a size L in a speed concept but a size M in a speedmax. this isn't just a speedmax thing. i'd also ride a size M in a dimond.

you all are about to get a little help on this. because of the heavy interest in canyon tri bikes here, and because canyons are about to become a lot more available in the US, and because this is a consumer-direct brand, and you don't have your LBS in the middle guiding you (which may be a good thing, actually, depending on your LBS), i've enlisted some help in matching you to the canyon you need. this will become apparent to you all quite soon.

Yes good correction - all that should read pad stack (to top of arm pad) and pad reach (to centre of arm pad). I'll edit up the original.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Have you heard anything about availability of Canyon in Canada yet?

this i don't know. i can try to find out.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Yellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yellow wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Yellow wrote:
Mdiaz wrote:
NickMa wrote:
I'm 186cm and legs are 92cm, I ride canyon speedmax slx in size M.

Feel good, L definitely would be too big.


It seems that Canyon bikes come little bigger than the competition... I've been riding M for my whole life (175cm) both road and TT, but the recommend me to go with an S when it comes to the Speedmax.


It depends on the stack and reach you want to ride:
  • In both the 2018 and 2019 frames, there is a choice of stem (65mm or 85mm) that changes the reach range possible.
  • In the 2018 frames there is choice of 3 base bars and because of where the pads / spacers mount that changes the stack ranges possible on each.
  • In the 2019 frames, the arm rests mount to a central pedestal, but the stack range is smaller and with a like for like "flat" 2018 base bar also a bit taller.
  • As noted above there is a team switch plate kit that allows the 2018 arm pads to be both narrower and less reach. There is also an angled spacer kit both of which are ordered when you configure the bike.
  • The 2018 bikes have a 1-piece bottle, the 2019 bikes is 2 piece that joins under / through the arm pad pedestal.

In my case for stack = 620, reach = 509, bb-saddle = 809 (albeit I raced this season at a reach of 533. I'm 181cm tall, but long limbs):
  • 2018 medium, 85mm stem, flat bar and pedestalled up quite high. With the longer reach I rode this year, it would be the absolute max reach possible.
  • 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop or the flat bar with relatively few spacers. On the flat bar I cant go down much (~15mm max), the drop bar I'm very near the middle of window, but would need the team switch plate for less reach. (Actual reach without the switch plate when set like this should be 511).
  • 2019 large does not fit as too much stack. 2019 medium would fit with the 85mm stem and pedestalled like the 2018 bike.

Anyway I actually ordered a 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop bar and the various accessories. The one-piece bottle and a front-centre much closer to what I like / am used to riding swung it for me. The other bike that would sensibly work for me is a Trek SC, but all depends on your fit.


couple of things. first, it's much easier if by "stack" and "reach" you say what you really mean. is it "pad stack"? if so, please say it, because "stack" means something entirely different.

second, mdiaz is right. canyon bikes are "bigger" than the competition, if by "bigger" what is meant is that a canyon in size small is "bigger" than other bikes in size small.

canyons are "bigger" not in height, but in length. however, it's the length that matters, because the height of a canyon, in an SLX, is quite adjustable. you can - as you know - change the pursuit bar as well as the pads, and quite liberally. you can change the length as well, for fit purposes, but you can't change the wheelbase, and specifically the front-center. you can change nothing below the head tube.

for this reason, i'd ride a size L in a speed concept but a size M in a speedmax. this isn't just a speedmax thing. i'd also ride a size M in a dimond.

you all are about to get a little help on this. because of the heavy interest in canyon tri bikes here, and because canyons are about to become a lot more available in the US, and because this is a consumer-direct brand, and you don't have your LBS in the middle guiding you (which may be a good thing, actually, depending on your LBS), i've enlisted some help in matching you to the canyon you need. this will become apparent to you all quite soon.


Yes good correction - all that should read pad stack (to top of arm pad) and pad reach (to centre of arm pad). I'll edit up the original.

This is great info, thank you!

I'm actually between those two machines (Speedmax VS Speed concept). It all will depend on the stock/lead time... if I miss the next Canyon re-stock chance, I'll go with the Trek since I cannot wait for another 3/4 months to get the bike!

Thank you again.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adding the rest of the info I found when researching this, hopefully useful to others

2018 vs 2019 basebar / extensions
Tri-rig posted the CAD for the difference between the 2018 bars (separate pedestals) vs the 2019 (one central pedestal) here. 2019 basebar is slightly narrower and the possible pad stack range is different.

2018 vs 2019 bottles.
2018 is in this youtube video. The 2019 is shown in this Tririg article

2019 arm pad width
The max width is the same for both 2018 and 2019. Standard width is 187mm (c-c), the narrowest with the 2019 bar is 86mm (c-c)

2018 possible pad stacks (top)
Posted by Teeman earlier in this thread.
N.B. the Drop base bar allows you to mount the extensions below the base bars. The pad stack for the drop bar with the extensions above the bar is 592 in size L.

Copied:
basebar, S, M, L:

  • Riserbar 567-647 595-675 629-709
  • Flatbar 542-622 570-650 604-684
  • Dropbar 504-610 532-638 566-672

2019 possible pad stacks (top)
A Size L has a pad stack range of 630-675. The Tririg article said you can increase that by another 10mm with spacers above


2018 possible pad reaches (centre)
N.B. I think the 2019 frame gives the same measurement ranges.


Large frame:

  • 65mm stem: 484 - 538 N.B. you need the "Team Switch plate" to get the smaller reaches e.g. without, the reach possible here is 511-538

  • 85mm stem: 504 - 558

Medium frame:

  • 65mm stem: 462 - 516

  • 85mm stem: 482 - 536


Speedmax CF SLX 2018 build options are here
Speedmax CF SLX 2018 user manual is here. Team switch plate is page 56 and angled spacer kit is page 57

When you order, someone from Canyon confirms all the details with you to get the bike configured as you would like. Mine should be around 4-5 weeks from order to delivery in the UK.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mdiaz wrote:
Yellow wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Yellow wrote:
Mdiaz wrote:
NickMa wrote:
I'm 186cm and legs are 92cm, I ride canyon speedmax slx in size M.

Feel good, L definitely would be too big.


It seems that Canyon bikes come little bigger than the competition... I've been riding M for my whole life (175cm) both road and TT, but the recommend me to go with an S when it comes to the Speedmax.


It depends on the stack and reach you want to ride:
  • In both the 2018 and 2019 frames, there is a choice of stem (65mm or 85mm) that changes the reach range possible.
  • In the 2018 frames there is choice of 3 base bars and because of where the pads / spacers mount that changes the stack ranges possible on each.
  • In the 2019 frames, the arm rests mount to a central pedestal, but the stack range is smaller and with a like for like "flat" 2018 base bar also a bit taller.
  • As noted above there is a team switch plate kit that allows the 2018 arm pads to be both narrower and less reach. There is also an angled spacer kit both of which are ordered when you configure the bike.
  • The 2018 bikes have a 1-piece bottle, the 2019 bikes is 2 piece that joins under / through the arm pad pedestal.

In my case for stack = 620, reach = 509, bb-saddle = 809 (albeit I raced this season at a reach of 533. I'm 181cm tall, but long limbs):
  • 2018 medium, 85mm stem, flat bar and pedestalled up quite high. With the longer reach I rode this year, it would be the absolute max reach possible.
  • 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop or the flat bar with relatively few spacers. On the flat bar I cant go down much (~15mm max), the drop bar I'm very near the middle of window, but would need the team switch plate for less reach. (Actual reach without the switch plate when set like this should be 511).
  • 2019 large does not fit as too much stack. 2019 medium would fit with the 85mm stem and pedestalled like the 2018 bike.

Anyway I actually ordered a 2018 large, 65mm stem, drop bar and the various accessories. The one-piece bottle and a front-centre much closer to what I like / am used to riding swung it for me. The other bike that would sensibly work for me is a Trek SC, but all depends on your fit.


couple of things. first, it's much easier if by "stack" and "reach" you say what you really mean. is it "pad stack"? if so, please say it, because "stack" means something entirely different.

second, mdiaz is right. canyon bikes are "bigger" than the competition, if by "bigger" what is meant is that a canyon in size small is "bigger" than other bikes in size small.

canyons are "bigger" not in height, but in length. however, it's the length that matters, because the height of a canyon, in an SLX, is quite adjustable. you can - as you know - change the pursuit bar as well as the pads, and quite liberally. you can change the length as well, for fit purposes, but you can't change the wheelbase, and specifically the front-center. you can change nothing below the head tube.

for this reason, i'd ride a size L in a speed concept but a size M in a speedmax. this isn't just a speedmax thing. i'd also ride a size M in a dimond.

you all are about to get a little help on this. because of the heavy interest in canyon tri bikes here, and because canyons are about to become a lot more available in the US, and because this is a consumer-direct brand, and you don't have your LBS in the middle guiding you (which may be a good thing, actually, depending on your LBS), i've enlisted some help in matching you to the canyon you need. this will become apparent to you all quite soon.


Yes good correction - all that should read pad stack (to top of arm pad) and pad reach (to centre of arm pad). I'll edit up the original.


This is great info, thank you!

I'm actually between those two machines (Speedmax VS Speed concept). It all will depend on the stock/lead time... if I miss the next Canyon re-stock chance, I'll go with the Trek since I cannot wait for another 3/4 months to get the bike!

Thank you again.

pardon, maybe you put this in there and i didn't see it, what is your pad x/y? pad stack/reach?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Yellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yellow wrote:
Adding the rest of the info I found when researching this, hopefully useful to others

2018 vs 2019 basebar / extensions
Tri-rig posted the CAD for the difference between the 2018 bars (separate pedestals) vs the 2019 (one central pedestal) here. 2019 basebar is slightly narrower and the possible pad stack range is different.

2018 vs 2019 bottles.
2018 is in this youtube video. The 2019 is shown in this Tririg article

2019 arm pad width
The max width is the same for both 2018 and 2019. Standard width is 187mm (c-c), the narrowest with the 2019 bar is 86mm (c-c)

2018 possible pad stacks (top)
Posted by Teeman earlier in this thread.
N.B. the Drop base bar allows you to mount the extensions below the base bars. The pad stack for the drop bar with the extensions above the bar is 592 in size L.

Copied:
basebar, S, M, L:

  • Riserbar 567-647 595-675 629-709
  • Flatbar 542-622 570-650 604-684
  • Dropbar 504-610 532-638 566-672

2019 possible pad stacks (top)
A Size L has a pad stack range of 630-675. The Tririg article said you can increase that by another 10mm with spacers above


2018 possible pad reaches (centre)
N.B. I think the 2019 frame gives the same measurement ranges.


Large frame:

  • 65mm stem: 484 - 538 N.B. you need the "Team Switch plate" to get the smaller reaches e.g. without, the reach possible here is 511-538

  • 85mm stem: 504 - 558

Medium frame:

  • 65mm stem: 462 - 516

  • 85mm stem: 482 - 536


Speedmax CF SLX 2018 build options are here
Speedmax CF SLX 2018 user manual is here. Team switch plate is page 56 and angled spacer kit is page 57

When you order, someone from Canyon confirms all the details with you to get the bike configured as you would like. Mine should be around 4-5 weeks from order to delivery in the UK.

This is GREAT info, thank you so much, I wasn’t aware of lot of this stuff...

Do you happen to know if we will have those “built options” in USA as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Mdiaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't for definite, but I'd expect so. 1.) I'd expect the same choice of stems, accessories etc that you dont get the option to select yourself on the ecommerce site and 2.) I was told all the bikes were built specific to the order in Germany before shipping out.

You could email Canyon and ask? I found they were super responsive and helpful.
Quote Reply

Prev Next