Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Speedmax CF SLX around the corner, the 7.0 has SRAM Rival but......

The top tube integration (inlet) seems to be missing (or am I missing something)?

https://www.canyon.com/...62_pv_rahmenfarbe=GN

Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [tweeks71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bit of research & I can answer my own question.

The filler hole (inlet) comes with the Hydration bladder. What is shown in the picture is the blanking cap.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All - I have a 2018 Speedmax CF 7.0 and have an issue with the cable guide on the top tube. I've previously had the rivnut for the bento box break free (likely due to corrosion) and have fixed that. However, I've had an issue with the rear brake cable arise over the weekend and when I started to pull things apart to re-cable I've found that the cable stop is stuck in the tope tube cable guide, and the bolt closest to the handle bar in the cable guide piece seems to be spinning freely.
I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can assist with:
1) Does the bolt closest to the handlebars (part 8 in the linked doc below) in the top tube cable guide attach the cable guide to the frame by screwing into a rivnet in the frame?
2) Is this bolt necessary given the downwards force on the guide created by the gear and rear brake cables as well as the bento box being attached to it (i.e. is it worth worrying about trying to fix the issue with the bolt closest to the handlebars)?
3) With bolt 8 and cables removed, does the guide piece pop of from the frame relatively easily?
Any help would be much appreciated!

R41-18_BOM_ts (canyon.com)
Last edited by: sglowrey: Jun 19, 22 6:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had an issue with the high bento box before? The lid on mine came off the other day, and for the life of me I can not attach it back to the bento box. There isnt anything to attach it after it came off so I do not know how to reattach it. Does anyone know the best way to reattach the lid if it comes off?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just received my CF 8 Disc and love it. I have a question regarding the Bento (haven't ridden it more than around the block yet). I usually have some cut up banana that I put in my Bento but that looks like it's going to be very messy in the speedmax. Has any find a solution like a liner of some sort that could go in it? If rather not need to wrap my banana or leave the skin on.
Quote Reply
Re: Is there a Canyon owners thread? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Benv,
What did you end up with for your hydration bottle between the arms? I was thinking about getting the PD HSF/Aero HC 800+ or FC System with BTA Tilt Bracket.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi All - After riding my 2018 Speedmax CF7.0 on the trainer today I was wiping it down and noticed an imperfection on the downtube. The shape seems quite defined, and might possibly align with the internal cable guide. I'm keen to hear any thoughts as to whether this is unlikely to be a concern and rather it is just wear and tear that will not impact on the frame, or whether it is likely a sign of an integrity issue developing with the frame. I'll reach out to Canyon here in Australia after the weekend, but would also appreciate any input/advice from the Slowtwitch forum.

Thanks
Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [sglowrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve,

I had the same issue in exactly the same spot a year ago. I didn't even notice it, but my mechanic at my LBS saw it.

Apparently it's a common issue. In the Facebook group of Speedmax Owners there are dozens of cases with the same crack.

I repaired it with a local expert on carbon for circa €150. I didn't even reach out to Canyon because I wasn't keen on sending the frame and being without the bike for weeks or months.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information anakinpm - much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi anakinpm, I have a follow up question. Did the local expert that you had repair the bike confirm that the frame integrity had been impacted? I am trying to work out whether the damage is cosmetic or whether the bike is at increased risk of having an issue.

Thanks again.
Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [sglowrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sglowrey wrote:
Hi anakinpm, I have a follow up question. Did the local expert that you had repair the bike confirm that the frame integrity had been impacted? I am trying to work out whether the damage is cosmetic or whether the bike is at increased risk of having an issue.

Thanks again.
Steve

I'd say he didn't specify but my mechanic said that it had to be repaired because any small crack in a carbon frame could mean an overall integrity risk. Specially in the down tube.

I've ridden over 10,000 km on the bike after the repair with no problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

Quick 2 questions:

- Do you know if and where we can buy a new CO2 snake pouch that fit into the top tube below the bento box (image below)
- Which additional raiser kit is compatible with the CF8, there is no picture for the raiser on the canyon website (only 4 screws).

Bike is 2021 CF8 etap and I am in the US.

Best
Quote Reply

Prev Next