Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [goduncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use Silca's calculator
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, hereby two pictures of my own dreambuild Time Machine. Still love the bike after 2 years of riding.

Last edited by: damonBike: May 30, 22 10:54
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Cape_Horn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, my solution is to put some tape around the screw. That gives more friction to move the box.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [damonBike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your ride looks awesome, one question though... how did you mount the varia on your storage box?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Fritz111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used a seatpost mount and drilled a hole right trough it. Also a hole in the storage box.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [damonBike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the hydration setup you there on the front? Is that custom built?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For anyone frantically googling the day before a race like I was I thought I would post what I did which was to hedge with 60 psi front and back :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goduncan wrote:
What's the hydration setup you there on the front? Is that custom built?

https://profile-design.com/products/aeria-hydration-system
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello fellow Timemachine owners.

I have a 2021 Timemachine TM01 with the V-Cockpit (I needed the extra space to move the armpads forward for proper fit). Does anyone else get an almost clunking feeling coming through the basebar when riding on the basebars? I have checked all the torques for everything in the bars, I feel like it might be coming from one of the two bolts on the "bridge" but after tightening them I wasnt able to get this to go away. It is driving me nuts!!! does anyone else have this issue, or better yet has anyone else had this issue and solved it?

Would moving over to the flat-cockpit solve this, and are there any tricks beside the mini extension that comes with the v-cockpit in extending the arm pads further forward with the flat cockpit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fritz111 wrote:
Hello fellow Timemachine owners.

I have a 2021 Timemachine TM01 with the V-Cockpit (I needed the extra space to move the armpads forward for proper fit). Does anyone else get an almost clunking feeling coming through the basebar when riding on the basebars? I have checked all the torques for everything in the bars, I feel like it might be coming from one of the two bolts on the "bridge" but after tightening them I wasnt able to get this to go away. It is driving me nuts!!! does anyone else have this issue, or better yet has anyone else had this issue and solved it?

Would moving over to the flat-cockpit solve this, and are there any tricks beside the mini extension that comes with the v-cockpit in extending the arm pads further forward with the flat cockpit?

I feel a bit like a knob... after checking every bolt 10x and hurting around for the cause I have finally solved it. The issue was the DI2 cable retaining clips shifting about in the frame when the wheelnis turned ever so slightly... so nothing at all to do with the front end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple of questions...

Is anyone rocking a more modern aerobar setup on a 2016 or earlier model? I'd like to try out Tririg, Sync Ergonomics or Speedshop type basebar / aerobar setup, but the P2P 31.8mm stem doesn't make it possible (unless I am missing something?)

And ... are single arm cups such as https://tririg.com/...ucts/scoops-ultimate or https://culpritbicycles.com/...products/culprit-csr the only way to use arm cups without trying to find a compatible aerobar setup such as the brands I mentioned above?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Fresh79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
Need some classic ST advice and can't see a definitive thread on this (for BMC TM02).

I've got a TM02 arriving shortly and a race following soon after. Was thinking of pairing with some new wheels, maybe HED Jet 6 - there is a 2nd hand set on sale locally (if i can still get them). What has been the experience of fitting 28mm tires to this frame? I see some saying they have done so without issue. Is consesus this is fine?

HED themselves say the difference is "0.05kph" or 3-4 seconds over 40km. The additional comfort and rolling seems tempting?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Tri-Ken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

I have run 28s on Hed Jets and they work fine on my TM01. Frame is stiff so they did help with comfort.
Quote Reply
Re: Tire clearance [EifelZiege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What wheelset are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: Tire clearance [ttenneb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@ttennen: I am on Schwalbe PRO ONE TLE 28“ (rear) - 25“ (front).
Works perfect for me
Quote Reply
Re: Tire clearance [EifelZiege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks , what rims you are using though? Inner and outer width? I’m wondering about what I could fit with a pair of 404 Firecrests as they are quite wide.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wondering if anyone has tested with and without the behind seat tube storage and which they found faster?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2017 TM02 seatpost. Does anyone know where to get one that has not been cut? Also, what size is the seatpost before being cut?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ronanw01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had a BMC dealer order one for for us when buying a used 2022 with a slightly too-short seatpost. Check with a BMC dealer if you haven't already. It was a $300 USD retail post, so fair warming
I don't know the price full length. I'm also not sure how to measure it since they were cut at an angle doe those. It's been the same seatpost since the 2017 update.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ronanw01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an extra uncut one that I didn’t end up using. PM if interested, I can get you measurements later this evening
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a long shot, but does anyone have the fork from a 2016 TM01, Large in black? Mine has an irreparable crack in it, and it seems BMC Global has 1 white fork left... I am in Australia to make it even harder...
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Fresh79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question for V-Cockpit users:
I just purchased a 2023 TM01 ONE DISC after getting 3D Retul fit coordinates. I was already looking at the BMC, and some other bikes were cut from the list based on my long torso...longer reach needs. The size Large was too limiting for Saddle height, and size M-L is perfect with V-Cockpit. Pad stack is 645 Pad reach is 550 (center of pad/494 back of pad).

I was able to get some of the V-Cockpit fixturing from a friend, and while I think I might be missing some pieces, and am slightly confused by how this thing goes together compared to the flat-config, but angling aerobars seems to be a limitation here.

I have the Profile Design Wing20C that comes with 15degree tilt but I don't see how this can get used with the V-Cockpit equipment. I am now considering just using the flat but getting spacers for 120mm similar to what Max Neumann's bike looks like. But I might not have the reach I'm looking for there if I do it.

It seems all of the Pro's use the flat cockpit with lots of spacers, is this because the V-Cockpit doesn't allow for tilt and might not be able to get elbows close enough together???

So the big question is those that use the V, how do you get tilt and do you have trouble getting pads close together?

Thanks for the help.
Blaine
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [resistadj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No tilt on the V-Cockpit. The A2 bracket from the Wing20C+ doesn't fit on the flat cockpit either (that requires the Aeria Evo bracket).

You may be able to get a pad wedge and high rise extensions such as USE to add an angle to the v cockpit
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [resistadj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Aerocoach has something for the V-cockpit that costs a pretty penny,
Curious as to why the large was a no go for you?
I went with a large flat cockpit, added a 15mm reach plate and use a 20 degree tilt block.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey gang,

i've got the 2017 version of the TM02 with 105 mechanical. looking to upgrade to electronic. has anyone done this? would you recommend sram etap or di2?
Quote Reply

Prev Next