Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Jwb_LDN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMC said go through dealer but provided info about part number and whether they stock them or not
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [blueathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueathlete wrote:
BMC said go through dealer but provided info about part number and whether they stock them or not

Have now spoken to Evans head office who have said they can help, rather than store who said they couldn't...
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Added the Delta on the front end
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [j4son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 2 questions for you guys. It is about my TM01.

Number one:
I am not a lean guy and I need to lift my stack up by 2 cm. But I have reached the maximum of 10cm of stack heigth.
Does anyone know a solution to rise this up by 2 more cm ?
I was thinking about buying costum bolts of 12cm to raise my stack... is that a good solution? Cause the maximum BMC delivered were 10cm.

Number 2:
I have the profile design evo brackets with 10° angle at the moment. I'd like to have a bit more, something between 15 and 18°.
Maybe some costum webshop item somewhere on the internet i have not found yet...

If anyone can help me with one of the 2 things that would be great...

Regards
DVR

PICS:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/...67q50/921/UuTdHO.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/...67q90/922/VI3Sq8.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/...67q50/921/jf0lKS.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Roflpain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like you should have gotten a size Large. I would say go to AeroCoach and get this:
https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/...ro-adjust-spacer-kit
and go to your local hardware store and get some 13cm bolts. As far as adding a few more degrees, you can put some angled spacers under your pads but that wouldn't cut the butter if you're wanting the bars angled. Maybe an angled spacer under the Evo Brackets?

I have the PD Evo Brackets and really loving them.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have the PD evo Brackets. I don't know if you can see the foto's ?
Don't know how to get these shown in the post...

I am looking for these bolts but atm I can't find them.

Spacers is no problem tbh.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the widest tire on HED Jet 6+ that will fit in the current TM02?

I'm a tri ricer. I can't ride fast. And swimming and running are necessary evils to owning a cool looking bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [conecrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a 19mm internal tubeless wheelset and the rear I have a Schwalbe pro one 28mm. The bolts are very much at the limit so would recommend a 25 really. 23mm is biggest at the front where there is the biggest risk if the tyre rubs (due to grit sticking to tyre)
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [blueathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Headset Tool? I picked up a 2017 TM01 off a friend a couple months back and recently the front end has become a little lose. Took it to my LBS and asked if I had the headset tool to tighten it up....what does it look like? Anything else I can use? Someone have one for sale?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [alcam24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure it's the same as a Shimano square taper bottom bracket tool when I read about the tm01.
Check the manual
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Roflpain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the V-cockpit. The V-Cockpit can give you 35mm more stack (but also longer minimum reach on the tall end). Might or might not work, I'd check with a BMC dealer.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Aug 19, 19 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [j4son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone using a BMC TM02 Two with an aeria stem and hydration setup? Contemplating building this setup and would like to see how clean it looks first.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [conecrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding tire width - Specialized Tubo's 24 widtj are awesome! Nothing bigger fits.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Jwb_LDN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi folks. Owner of a Timemachine 01 Disc and been having real trouble getting a fit that replicated my old Argon 18 (sooooo comfortable). Struggling to find a way to angle the aero bars up slightly on the flat cockpit - this thread has been a Godsend so thank you all.

A follow up question now I've discovered the Profile Evo Bracket (and just ordered) is what front hydration system people use. I have previously used the X-Lab Torpedo Versa 500 but with the BMC I end up with the pads too wide to accommodate the Torpedo fastenings - they used to sit in front on the Argon which was perfect.

So my question is if anyone used the Evo Bracket and has found a decent front hydration solution?

Big thanks in advance for any pointers.

Neil
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am you can email me sblaine614@gmail.com cleans it up nice
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [adamwaite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I had some questions about the TM01 non disc!

First, how easy is it to swap out brake pads? I read about the brake pad swap technology to make it easier, but can't find a video on how it works. Also, is that technology on the rear brake as well? I had a 2014 TM01 and it was a nightmare to swap out pads.

Additionally, I travel a lot with my bike, so the cockpit removal seems simple and really beneficial for that. Any experiences!

I was on a M-S for the old TM01 AT 175cm, so I figured I would be on the same size here. Any experiences with the old to new frame in terms of sizing?

Thanks for anyone who responds!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for the breakpad brackets, you should have received another set of breakpads with the bike that you can interchange.
it works pretty much the same for front and back.

Don't try to take the actual pad itself off, the whole bracket and can be removed and replaced pretty easily .. the idea is to replace between carbon and aluminum wheels so you can swap them like swapping wheels.
take the wheel off and try to locate where the breakpad bracket joins with the main brake assembly, you will see a couple of 2mm hex sockets that you can undo and it will just slide out.
if you aren't able to find it send me a PM and i can send you a picture of how it looks

The front system swap is quite simple, just mark your cockpit Di2 cables and make sure you follow the video instructions they have on BMC youtube page,
the trickiest part is to re-route the Di2 cable through the fork and up again from the booster box

I usually tape an usb charge cord to one of the cockpit Di2 cables when removing it, this way it is threaded through the fork,
then when assembling, i tape all cockpit Di2 cables to the usb cable and just pull it back guiding all the cables through the fork and junction box, then un-tape and connect.

hope this helps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was on a ML 2016 TM01, for the 2018 went with a Large w/flat cockpit
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Gauging interest in a rear box for the previous generation TM01/TM02 bike. As some of you may know, I have developed a line of rear boxes for a bunch of other tt/tri bikes (Cervelo P5, Cervelo P3, Felt IA, Parlee TTiR, Giant Trinity, Specialized Shiv, Argon 18 e117/e119)

Let me know if there is any interest, the box would sell for $200. If there is interest, I would need to gain access to a couple of different frame sizes to measure and test fit prototype boxes on, so if you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, let me know, I would offer the resulting box at a discount.

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can send you the BMC TM01 excel doc, it shows all the stack/reach configurations with flat/Y cockpit, arm cup position, seatpost front/rear etc. just PM with your email
Last edited by: mike s: Dec 1, 21 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can attest that Yann's workmanship is amazing having just got a Parlee TTiR - and his storage box. The magnetic closure is genius.
It would be sweet on a BMC TM01/02!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone on here running a newer model TM 02 with etap? Curious as to where you placed the blip box and how clean the setup is?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Zakalunce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Just to clarify, do I receive another set of brake pads or brake brackets? And I'm swapping out the brackets, not just the pads? And this is doable with the 2mm on both the front and rear? Last BMC I had to remove the crank every time I wanted to adjust or swap pads.

I did send a message with my email about getting some photos to you.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2018 TimeMachine 02One and would like to run a crank based power meter and the Ultegra 8000 direct mount rear brake doesn't have enough clearance. From searching here I've seen that maybe the Dura-Ace will work, or a TRP/Tektro - but I'm not sure which model number I'm looking for.

I'd like to know if a Dura-Ace BR9010R will work or which model of the Tektro to look for.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [david--w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What power meter won’t clear?
Quote Reply

Prev Next