Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a 2016 TM01! What kind of storage options do you guys have? I was looking at the speed boxes of the current models. Are there something similar out there for the old TM01's?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [johnj2803] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen any boxes for the older models unfortunately. For a while I had a box off a shiv mounted up but it didn't fit quite right and took the place of both of my bottle cage mounts on the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How wide of tires is everyone running on their older TM01?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 TM01 and have always used 23mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
23 up front, 25 rear..Vittoria Corsa G+ on the training wheels HED Stinger 6/9, Vittoria Corsa Speed on the race wheels HED Stinger 9/Disc, changing to clinchers soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [johnj2803] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexer03 wrote:

24mm Specialized Turbos on Hed Jet 60/90 & Disc with the wide rim. Awesome tires.
I tried 25mm Vittorias on the rear; too fat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2018 BMC TM02 White frameset Ultegra 8060 Di2, PD carbon cockpit with PD Aeria ultimate stem and hydro. Sitero Rocket red seat and Rocket red Grip. Stradalli 50mm wheels and Zipp 808s depends on the race. Such a fun build and an amazingly fast bike. 3rd ride was this saturday and raced a 7 mile local Time Trial felt as uncomfortable as possible in the best way ever. (bike is very comfortable just rode harder than normal) Pics to come soon
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I want to run the fattest slowest tires I can find on my non race wheels for training rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

At Ironman Cozumel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexer03 wrote:

I have a 25cc tires on a HED Jet 6 plus wheelset. (which run wider than usual rims.)
Last edited by: johnj2803: Apr 2, 18 16:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexer03 wrote:
Thanks I want to run the fattest slowest tires I can find on my non race wheels for training rides.

Well that's interesting! Velonews did a rolling resistance test
http://www.velonews.com/...s-cycling-tires-fast

I can attest that the Michelin Lithiums were noticeably sluggish. While the S-Works Turbo is amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
25cc tubeless on ENVE 7.8’s here

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Last edited by: TriSpencer: Apr 2, 18 16:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run the s works turbo on the zipps for race wheels but I grabbed some cheaper carbon clinchers and I'm trying to make them slow for training. I have seen that article but I wanted to go even slower. It looks like specialized makes some fairly cheap tires that are slow or the alternative is a gatorskin.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSpencer wrote:
25cc tubeless on ENVE 7.8’s here

And they don't get close to rubbing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Close......sure but they don’t rub. Never had an issue, granted it’s a newer setup but no problems thus far. Very smooth ride

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Last edited by: TriSpencer: Apr 2, 18 17:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love it. Looks great!

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexer03 wrote:

I've run 25c Conti 4000's on mine, have profile design wheels. Never any issue, I just moved the wheel back in the dropout once I move over to 25's
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [drpleiades] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just purchased a 2016 Timemachine 02. The only problem is the seatpost clamp seems to be missing. I've searched the BB but doesn't seem to be in there. I'm not sure if the bikeshop misplaced it when shipping or what but I'm having trouble finding one online. Does anyone know where I would be able to find one? I'm in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mjgilfeather] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best place is Evans Cycles for BMC spares, they’re out of the UK but ship pretty quick.
R&A cycles had one for me but I had to call them. They have a ‘13 on the website, unsure if it’s the same.
http://www.racycles.com/product/detail/713
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't find anything on Evans. Anyone know if the 2013 wedges would work on a 2016?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mjgilfeather] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you’re good :
https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...anuals/manuals-road/

This shop in Italy had it for a ‘13 and it’s the same as a ‘16
https://www.cingolanibikeshop.com/...mp-12-tm01-tm02.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [azurebl911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that azurebl911. I almost have all the bits and pieces, the only thing I have left to sort is the wire length, which they'll measure up at the time of install.

Did you go with the BT DN110 internal battery? If so, how did you secure it in the seat tube? Also, I'm a bit unsure as to wether i need to buy the etube port EW-WU111 as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [stubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 2018 Ultegra Di2 build. After this pic was taken added the new profile design aeria ultimate stem and bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [stubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stubs wrote:
Thanks for that azurebl911. I almost have all the bits and pieces, the only thing I have left to sort is the wire length, which they'll measure up at the time of install.

Did you go with the BT DN110 internal battery? If so, how did you secure it in the seat tube? Also, I'm a bit unsure as to wether i need to buy the etube port EW-WU111 as well?

Hey stubs!

So, I decided to run the "external" battery since my TM01 has that battery compartment built in already (designed before the pencil-shaped internal battery came out, I'm sure). For me, recharge was infrequent enough that I was willing to live with having to pull it out each time. An internal battery would allow you to charge it from a 3- or 5-port junction with a USB attachment. I have this setup on my Andean and so far the added convenience factor is completely insignificant.

As for the EW-WU111, isn't that the wireless signal transmitter? I shouldn't think it's a requirement more so than an easy optional add-on. Tbh, I don't know enough about this unit. From what I read, the use case is interesting but not game-changing. Happy to hear about your experience with it though!

p.s. I've been warned by other on this forum that the latest firmware update from Shimano make the setup with 2x "magic little black box" incompatible with the FD/RD. I can't verify this; just passing along the word.

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply

Prev Next