Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [sabotony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have to say when I ordered it I wasn't that thrilled but when I saw it I loved it.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Building a new TM01 M-S from scratch (have a 2012 model with DI2 & Profile design).

While I will go with the Sram etap this time - I wonder whether there are any recommendations for aerobars that tested well with the frameset?

Cheers
Roberto
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First TT ever. Only issue was the enve 6.7, front wheel with 25mm was rubbing on the underneath bolt. Had to change to 23mm tyres

Last edited by: TexM: Sep 22, 16 8:21
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [TexM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You should have kept the 25, it would shave weight.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking bike! What do you think of those 3T bars? Are they really noticeably better descending?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
Great looking bike! What do you think of those 3T bars? Are they really noticeably better descending?

Being a roadie for 3 years I'm clueless since this is my first ever TT bike. I do like the edges where you can hold on the bars like a road bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TexM wrote:
twain wrote:

Being a roadie for 3 years I'm clueless since this is my first ever TT bike. I do like the edges where you can hold on the bars like a road bike :)

TexM,

So you were able to get a 25 in the rear to work? I had the same issue and now run 23 front and back unfortunately.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [bsramzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
twain wrote:

TexM,

So you were able to get a 25 in the rear to work? I had the same issue and now run 23 front and back unfortunately.

yes we changed the front to 23 and kept the 25 in the back. When you inflate the tyres on enve they are actually 26.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TexM wrote:
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
twain wrote:

TexM,

yes we changed the front to 23 and kept the 25 in the back. When you inflate the tyres on enve they are actually 26.

Makes sense. Its a wonderful bike, but "integrated everything" is such a pain
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
twain wrote:

TexM,

I only put in 20 miles and love it. This will be used to TT Need to adjust the pads a little.
Pain is the propel with intergrated brakes..those rub wheels soo much i ended selling mine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TexM wrote:
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
twain wrote:

TexM,

I only put in 20 miles and love it. This will be used to TT Need to adjust the pads a little.
Pain is the propel with intergrated brakes..those rub wheels soo much i ended selling mine

I am a roadie as well and only use mine for TTs. 3 bike shops have worked on mine, specifically the rear wheel. Finally I have it to where the pads don't rub unless doing a full sprint. Brake calipers are as open as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
twain wrote:

TexM,

I am a roadie as well and only use mine for TTs. 3 bike shops have worked on mine, specifically the rear wheel. Finally I have it to where the pads don't rub unless doing a full sprint. Brake calipers are as open as possible.

What kind of wheels? what year model?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TexM wrote:
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
bsramzy wrote:
TexM wrote:
twain wrote:

TexM,

What kind of wheels? what year model?
2014 PowerTap G3 ENVE SES 6.7 Carbon Clincher. frame is 2015.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My TM02 rear brakes rubs too as my 3T orbis II wheels are wider than usual. Had to use thinner brake pads and that sorted it out though.

Nice setup on the 3T aerobars and enve wheels!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And on the heel of cervelo's Oct4th teaser. BMC put this (not sure it is) teaser up. http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...ost/the_art_of_aero/
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh oh, do I see an upgrade in the future...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The photographers at ITU World's Cozumel were amazing. Check this out!
Race recap on Roadbikereview if you are interested as well: http://www.roadbikereview.com/...ps-in-cozumel-mexico

Last edited by: twain: Sep 28, 16 18:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
And on the heel of cervelo's Oct4th teaser. BMC put this (not sure it is) teaser up. http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...ost/the_art_of_aero/

Saw it at Eurobike in BMC's booth (albeit "hidden" in a black box with 2 viewing ports and a strobe light)
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, were you able to get a sense of what it's like? More or less like the current tm01 or something more exciting?

ffips wrote:
Saw it at Eurobike in BMC's booth (albeit "hidden" in a black box with 2 viewing ports and a strobe light)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My TM02 prep'ed and go ready to go for IM Mallorca last weekend. They might be getting a little old, but they still look fantastic! Didn't miss a beat... apart from the PowerTap C1 PM packing up in the rain!

It's a MS which fits me like a glove. I'm 5'10 with a short torso and long arms and legs. Over winter, I'm going to drop the stem a little and get used to riding in a lower position.

The little red dots on the forks are glue less puncture repair patches. Been using them for a while to protect the fork and frame and they work brilliantly.

Picked it up on eBay about 10mths ago for £1,000 (inc. delivery), then a further £700 for the ZIPPs... you cannot go wrong for that price!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [jonnylane22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking of a tm02 frameset as a little winter project. Hoping the tm owners can help me out with some questions.

I have hed jet6+ wheels. Any issues fitting wide rims? I see previous issues with 25c tires but I currently run 23c and am fine keeping it that way.

Fit is my biggest question. I'm looking for some perspective on the MS vs ML fit. I'm 5'9 with what I consider to be a short-ish torso (unrelated, but what would qualify me to have a short torso? I've never really seen something that says if your X measures Y in relation to Z, your torso is short /long...That's a side note though). My current set up I could compare if someone could provide their saddle nose to pad measurement?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW on what tires fit the rear of the TM-01:
- Hed Jet 90/Disc with 25mm rim with Specialized Turbo 24mm works
- Vittoria Corsa 25mm tire does not
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
Cool, were you able to get a sense of what it's like? More or less like the current tm01 or something more exciting?

ffips wrote:

It's posted in the "New BMC thread"

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry BMC, I think this is pretty ugly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next