Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atasic wrote:
I occasionally trapped debris in the front cutout with 700x25mm Gatorskins. It scratched the surface coat inside the cutout and that was it. The clearance for me was really low so I switched back to 700x21.

What do you mean by 'cutout' here?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The downtube has a cutout in front to accommodate the wheel, it is a round shape cut into the the downtube. It is where top of the wheel comes close to it. In that round shape cutout I trapped road debris as it would get pulled up by tire......that is where I scratched the surface coat. The scratches are not visible until I either turn the wheel to either side or remove the wheel all together.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you now. I thought you were talking about some sort of 'cutout' on the fork and I thought you were crazy. My mistake.

Those Gators must be very tall tires. 25mm Schwalbe Ones that measured 27mm at the casing on 19mm ID rims haven't gotten anything caught up there yet. I did catch something in the back when I had the wheels too close to the rear cutout though.

Thanks for the clarification.
Last edited by: dangle: Jan 16, 16 19:53
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexer03 wrote:
Just picked this up:

Thinking about changing up the aero bars, the previous owner had Profile Design SVET Aero Bars on it, and they are setup way to tall for me. What do you guys like for bars?

So I am looking at power meters and found a gently used quarq riken for sale. If it has the same crank arm length, is there anything that would prevent it from working on this bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, it should be fine, but pay careful attention about BB if you have Shimano. The TM01 is BB30, but if you have Shimano, there's an adapter in which case a BB30 Riken would not fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [azurebl911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set of Vuka Bull and the Vuka Clips. I love the adjustability and the fact that the extensions move up and down with the pads. They have some fore and aft adjustment but not much. I actually bought another set of stem risers so I can get further up / out. I probably should have bought a large frame in hindsight but It was really close. At the time I liked a much shorter reach than I do now. Not sure why that has changed but it has.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
No, it should be fine, but pay careful attention about BB if you have Shimano. The TM01 is BB30, but if you have Shimano, there's an adapter in which case a BB30 Riken would not fit.

I am confused by this. The power meter is a GXP, but the seller told me I could get adapter cups to make it fit. My bike says "BB-ALM3" next to the crank.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered my TM02 today. Woohoo! It should be a few weeks before I get it, but ordering a bike is always exciting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexer03 wrote:
onceatriathlet3 wrote:

I am confused by this. The power meter is a GXP, but the seller told me I could get adapter cups to make it fit. My bike says "BB-ALM3" next to the crank.

I have fitted a GXP Quarq Riken to my TM02 using the adaptors. No problem at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at some different storage options, I really like the design of the fuel cell on the Shiv so I decided to test fit one. It sits flush on the downtube with some longer bolts and spacers. I plan to fill the gap on the seat tube with some black vinyl.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To keep the BMC TM-01 company, got this TMR-02. Got to say, really great looking aero road bike.
Like the TM-01, it flies on the flats.

Updated: I normally ride w/175mm cranks but had 170's on this rig. Climbing was just terrible.
I replaced them with 175's and the bike's personality completely changed. It's still a bit sluggish while climbing - but on the flats, it's just awesome-exactly like a tri bike.
It holds speeds over 18mph exceptionally well. It's a blast to ride.

Last edited by: twain: Feb 21, 16 11:43
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recently lost the Seat Post clamp for my TM02. Based in the Uk and i'm trying to find a replacement.

Is the seat post clamp interchangeable for the TM01 and the TM02?

I can find a Seat Post clamp for the TM01 online, but cannot see a version for the TM02 . . .

Any help appreciated, cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [bruce674] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check your bottom bracket.

Yes, they are the same wedge thing between the TM01 and TM02.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, i've heard a few times to check the bottom bracket. Had the bike upside down, gave it a good shake and a few knocks, cant hear or see anything . . .

Evans advertise a Seat Post clamp for the tm01 so if that fits i'll order it tomorrow
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am switching aero extensions tonight, did your mechanic have to remove the cranks to get the cables through?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's no reason the cranks would have to be removed to re-cable. The bottom bracket shell is in the way even if the cranks are out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the bearing specs for a 2012 TM02 headset? I cant find the specs anywhere and I don't want to take the bike apart, get the numbers, order the bearings, and then have the bike down while I wait for them to arrive.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [tj43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you just looking for the part number?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new TM02! I went with Ultegra Di2, 165 mm cranks, and a Stages PM.
The bike is fast, but so twitchy.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get a fit on it? I don't find mine twitchy and my other bike is a Trek Domane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was fit. The bike is very comfortable, but I have been riding endurance oriented road bikes, so it feels completely different compared to what I am used to. For comparison, my Orbea Avant feels sluggish now, but more stable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that will take some getting used to, I know I still feel different long times on my Domane or trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is what I figure. I have never ridden aerobars before, so for now I am sticking to low traffic roads without technical descents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They feel really twitchy at first. Start off on uphills, then flats, then eventually downhills for best results. Then enjoy the hell outta it!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
That is what I figure. I have never ridden aerobars before, so for now I am sticking to low traffic roads without technical descents.

I think some bikes are more twitchy too. I have a Blue Triad and i had a go of my brothers Wilier twinblade, and holy crap they are different to ride, the Wilier feels twitchy at the front end because the front end is very different to my low end bike.

But you will get used to it, my brother doesn't seem to think his bike is twitchy.
Last edited by: tom1111: Mar 29, 16 19:54
Quote Reply

Prev Next