Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Off-Road Newbie, Now What?
Quote | Reply
Hola Good People,

Looking to do some off-road tris in 2020, mainly for fun and to combine a life love love of triathlon with a recent love of trail running. Would love to hear any and all kinds of advice from those with experience out there: equipment, races (I am in southern VA), the kind of training you do, anything! I plan to pick up a dual suspension rig this winter. Probably something used, a couple years old.

Peace and thanks!

CB

Chasing The Big Race In The Sky
@C_Bright_Run
Quote Reply
Re: Off-Road Newbie, Now What? [Zippy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well you have a lot of great race choice from where your located in southern VA. You have Charlottesville, Rocky Gap in Western MD and now a bunch of new MOTUS races in NC, Tenn, KY close to you. I've switched over to Xterra races about 5-6 yrs ago and love them after 30+ yrs of road tri's. Such a different experience being connected to the trails which keeps you alert at all times and really improves your riding skills.
I'm also looking to sell my Specialized Epic World Cup dual suspension bike in Very good condition.. Size Medium. Happy trail riding and running.
Quote Reply
Re: Off-Road Newbie, Now What? [evfitness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

PMed you about the Specialized . . .

CB

Chasing The Big Race In The Sky
@C_Bright_Run
Quote Reply
Re: Off-Road Newbie, Now What? [Zippy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you already have plenty of swimming and some trail running experience. Do you have any mountain biking experience? If not, I'd plan on trying to ride as much as possible once you get a bike. Ride with people who are better than you and focus on developing your bike handling skills, as mountain biking is completely different from road biking.
Quote Reply