Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oct 6th Team Ineos Article Analysis After Thomas Crashed out
Quote | Reply
With Ineos winning 6 stages, and the Maglia Rosa yesterday, looking back to early in the Giro seems like a completely different world given Tao's win.

I recall reading the article back on Oct 6th and I kind of agreed, that the rest of the Giro would be 3 Ganna stage wins and then maybe a random stage win. I think the entire team would have roughly agreed with this article back then!

How things changed in 19 days. Here was an excerpt! Probably Tao would not have argues with this too on Oct 6th either. This entire year is pretty upside down!!!

I was kind of looking forward to a Giro smackdown between Yates, Nibali, Thomas, Kriuswijk, Fuglsang and maybe Kelderman on the outside list. it turned into something completely different and was more exciting than ever in that last week.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/...o-ditalia-departure/

Excerpt

Geoghegan Hart, Castroviejo and Narváez
Swift isn’t the only Ineos rider capable of winning a stage in this year’s Giro. Jonathan Castroviejo – who was pulled from the Tour de France early in order to conserve energy – was eighth on Mount Etna thanks to a well time attacked in the closing kilometers and, although he is probably the team’s most consistent climber on paper, he will probably need to lose time in the overall standings before he is allowed the necessary freedom to target stage-winning breaks.
Tao Geoghegan Hart’s position from this point on is slightly less clear. In theory, he might be given the chance to ride for a GC place in the top 15 and that’s not an impossible ask given both his quality and his 20th place on GC in last year’s Vuelta a España. However, he was unable to go with the overall contenders on stage 3 when they began attacking each other.
That’s somewhat understandable given he only had a few minutes to learn his lines before being thrust from understudy to the role of the main character, but if his form is consistent he could see a greater benefit in riding consistently over the next 18 stages and picking his way through the top 20.

He currently sits 24th overall and is just under two minutes shy of a top 10 but, as with last years’ Vuelta, he could also rely on breaks to help catapult him up the overall standings.

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Oct 26, 20 9:37
Quote Reply
Re: Oct 6th Team Ineos Article Analysis After Thomas Crashed out [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep the previous Best GT for Sky/INEOS I believe was 2012 with the overall tour win +6 stages. Superseded with this Giro and overall +7 stages. Just gonna be an incredibly stacked team next year with five grand tour winners +3 former and current world champions.

I think I was most surprised by Dennis’ climbing ability. Holy cow —if I was Teo I’d be buying Dennis a Rolex watch or something!
Quote Reply
Re: Oct 6th Team Ineos Article Analysis After Thomas Crashed out [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
Yep the previous Best GT for Sky/INEOS I believe was 2012 with the overall tour win +6 stages. Superseded with this Giro and overall +7 stages. Just gonna be an incredibly stacked team next year with five grand tour winners +3 former and current world champions.

I think I was most surprised by Dennis’ climbing ability. Holy cow —if I was Teo I’d be buying Dennis a Rolex watch or something!

Dennis was the Giro MVP on week 3. Those two days on Stelvio and Sestriere delivering Tao and then the day after Sestriere when he should have been completely empty, he put down a podium TT behind Ganna and Victor Campanaerts. He seemed energized proving he can be a "team man" after last year's parting of ways with his team mid year.
Quote Reply