Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oceanside swim course change [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So much for a tri in SoCal ;)

We need to spread the word about the Tiki Swim. If anyone (like me) feels cheated out of an actual SoCal beach start, we'll see you at the https://www.tikiswim.com 9/16. The 2.4 is from the pier, and the 1.2 in what we were supposed to have Saturday.

And Monty, I know I'm not the only one of us who has seen you do easy warm ups in surf that would terrify this weekend's race director. ;)

And about canceling the beach start, this is SoCal. There is no friggin way to predict high surf a couple of days out. The Tiki Swim has come close to cancelling from a storm, but waited until about 12 hours out to give the go-ahead. It should have been trivial for WTC to have a harbor swim start as a last minute option.
Last edited by: Pacific John: Apr 8, 18 7:03
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside swim course change [Pacific John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey John,

This is Brian Long founder of the TikiSwim and we appreciate the shout out.(A note from one of our 11 year old finishers)
Now that Ironman has made the announcement to use our swim course, TikiSwim8 is the perfect training opportunity for those looking at entering the 2019 Oceanside 70.3 event.

All of our finishers receive a custom finisher medal, handwoven satin lei, TikiSwim8 visor, custom TikiSwim8 beach towel and warm and fresh breakfast burrito. I don't think there is another race anywhere of any type that takes care of their athletes the way we do!

Everyone here can use code PacJohn to get 10% off and John, shoot me a note at and I'll send you a comp code.

Register here

More about the swim
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside swim course change [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey you guys out there, the 70.3 may have said they are going to do this course, but as we all surmised, it was cancelled to the harbor because of 2ft surf. So don't expect that swim any time soon, as that is about as small as it gets.

But good news is that Brian here with the Tiki swim always has the swim, surf or no surf!! I have done his race a few times and it is a blast. Two races to suit anyone, a swim out though the surf, and a nice easy boat ramp finish. Great swag, great awards, and it is during the oceanside festival where you can get your pancake breakfast on and shop for that glass fish, or wind chime you have always wanted..

Great race, great production, and great people, put it on your calendar if you have room for a nice swim...
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside swim course change [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Hey you guys out there, the 70.3 may have said they are going to do this course, but as we all surmised, it was cancelled to the harbor because of 2ft surf. So don't expect that swim any time soon, as that is about as small as it gets.

But good news is that Brian here with the Tiki swim always has the swim, surf or no surf!! I have done his race a few times and it is a blast. Two races to suit anyone, a swim out though the surf, and a nice easy boat ramp finish. Great swag, great awards, and it is during the oceanside festival where you can get your pancake breakfast on and shop for that glass fish, or wind chime you have always wanted..

Great race, great production, and great people, put it on your calendar if you have room for a nice swim...
+1 I was impressed with how many life guards were out in the water for the full 2.4 mi swim. They had jet skis and extra life guards in the surf areas in case people had trouble. Awesome event! - Thanks Brian!
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside swim course change [Pacific John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pacific John wrote:
So much for a tri in SoCal ;)

We need to spread the word about the Tiki Swim. If anyone (like me) feels cheated out of an actual SoCal beach start, we'll see you at the https://www.tikiswim.com 9/16. The 2.4 is from the pier, and the 1.2 in what we were supposed to have Saturday.

And Monty, I know I'm not the only one of us who has seen you do easy warm ups in surf that would terrify this weekend's race director. ;)

And about canceling the beach start, this is SoCal. There is no friggin way to predict high surf a couple of days out. The Tiki Swim has come close to cancelling from a storm, but waited until about 12 hours out to give the go-ahead. It should have been trivial for WTC to have a harbor swim start as a last minute option.

If you feel cheated you can also drive down the road on the same day and do Superfrog.
Quote Reply

Prev Next