Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oakley ARO7 helmet
Quote | Reply
I think the first wave of orders should be delivered soon. I should be receiving mine this week. So I thought I’d start this thread so people can chime in with their reviews and experiences.

2018 Races:
Augusta 70.3, September 23rd | Waco 70.3, Waco, TX, October 28th | Cartagena 70.3, Cartagena, Colombia December 2nd

Gear: Dimond Bikes | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley ARO7 helmet [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll be racing the Tour of California Amatuer race today before the pros go off wearing one I got from team Dimension Data.

Just from trying it on here are some of my thoughts:

1) visor mechanism sucks compared to Giro Aerohead. Not as strong of magnets to connect to helmet, so it is kind of difficult to flip the visor to the “up” position.

2) prism lens is gorgeous, also came with a clear visor, which would be amazing for cloudy days.

3) latch mechanism is amazing. Magnetized so if you get the ends close to each other, it latches. Super quick and easy (great for T1) then removing is just squeezing it and it comes apart (no pushing the “buttons” in like traditional helmet latch)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They definitely run tight. A medium doesn't really fit me, I wear medium in most other helmets.
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley ARO7 helmet [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
They definitely run tight. A medium doesn't really fit me, I wear medium in most other helmets.

I ordered a medium but I'm always on the low side of the M measurements so I'm probably good.

2018 Races:
Augusta 70.3, September 23rd | Waco 70.3, Waco, TX, October 28th | Cartagena 70.3, Cartagena, Colombia December 2nd

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Andres wrote:

I ordered a medium but I'm always on the low side of the M measurements so I'm probably good.

Received mine yesterday. I’d say the helmet runs small-ish for sizing. As stated above, I’m always on the low side of a medium helmet measurement and my noggin definitely fills the ARO7. Not as much helmet real estate left as per usual with a medium helmet. So folks on the high end of a medium measurement might want to think about a large ARO7, or order both and return one.

Nicely designed helmet. I can see the above critique that the visor magnet isn’t as strong and grippy as the Aerohead, but it’s probably better than most others not named Aerohead. The prism visor is definitely very nice. Awesome shade and clarity. The buckle mechanism is unique with the magnet. It seems like it will vent better than the Aerohead but that’s just on looks and number of vents. The helmet also comes with its own case, and a clear visor.

2018 Races:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for a week now and have used it twice. We have a local Wed night TT. Last week was sunny and the Prism visor was great - excellent optics, way better than my Selector. Last night was overcast so I tried the clear, again super clear. The helmet fits my head really well in a Medium. I also wear the medium ARO5 and medium Lazer and Giro helmets.

It's a quite, well fitting helmet that fits me great. I like it! Yes, it's expensive but at least it has two really nice visors and case.
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley ARO7 helmet [Andy STi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would anyone mind putting it on a kitchen scale to get the real weight with Visor?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone comment on the forward visibility when your head is tucked? There looks to be a black piece right on the forehead that would block field of vision when your head was tilted forward.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://sellergren.net
Quote Reply