Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT (sorry dan...although it's doping related...)
Quote | Reply
Could someone explain this to me?

"I saw a lion he was
standing alone With a tadpole in a jar"

(Led Zep, dancing days)
Quote Reply
Re: OT (sorry dan...although it's doping related...) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont have a clue but I was bored and could only find this from some website with people as bored as I. Led Zeppelin's, "D'yer Maker" The Funny Lyrics: I saw a lion he was standin alone with a tadpole in a jar. Why They're funny: It's obvious that poor Robert Plant forgot what he wrote for this part of the song and when it came time to record it....he ad- libbed! It has absolutly nothing to do with the rest of the song. One of the funniest things i've heard in my life. Everytime i hear it, i have to laugh. Submitted by: Dan Bridge

Quote | Reply
The lion is the listening public. The tadpole is him. The Jar is the lie he is trapped in.

It is a clear message he too believes him and his band are one of the most overrated bands in history.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if i have to explain it, then you won't understand. It's so obvious really ...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Francois, for flouting Slowman's silly new forum rules. Things were looking entirely too orderly around here, and it was depressing--although maybe it's too soon to tell whether this thread will stay where you put it.

Susan
Quote Reply
Re: OT (sorry dan...although it's doping related...) [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you didnt "get" Hunter Thompson?
Quote Reply
Re: OT (sorry dan...although it's doping related...) [SRQ_3sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tadpole bit is in Dancing Days, though. Not Dy'er Mak'er - although this is also one of my fav LZ songs...
Quote Reply
Re: OT (sorry dan...although it's doping related...) [susanherself] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My reasoning was that, you have to be on drugs for this thing to mean anything to you...I really like Led Zep, but I can find a whole bunch of sentences that don't mean anything to me...

and Mr Tibbs, you will be burnt for that comment!
Quote Reply