Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ON CLOUD X: Running shoes pain
Quote | Reply
So I recently just bought a pair of ON runners, specifically the cloud x model. This shoe is less cushioned than my previous shoe which is the Brooks Ravenna 10. Aside from the cushioning/support, the heel to toe drop is also different from 10mm to 6mm. The part that hurts is mostly below the calf when it gets stretched (I think that's the plantaris tendon). I've only used yesterday for a short 5.3km run which took 30 minutes. Today is the only time I felt the pain. Based on the ON website, the shoes will make your muscles activate so that my pronation or over pronation will become part of my running. Anyways, is any of this normal for new shoes?
Last edited by: jacobpeacock: Jul 18, 19 20:54
Quote Reply
Re: ON CLOUD X: Running shoes pain [jacobpeacock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have gone from 10mm to 6mm drop that is likely to be your issue right there. Spend some time walking around barefoot, lengthen your achilles naturally and throw away anything with a 10mm drop. Might take a few months.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: ON CLOUD X: Running shoes pain [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would it be a good idea to use the 6mm drop when out for casual activities? Like malls and stuff just to get use to it
Quote Reply
Re: ON CLOUD X: Running shoes pain [jacobpeacock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it's not normal to get Achilles pain after running in new shoes. I would dump them immediately.. Achilles tendinitis is a bitch!!
Those shoes will not make you faster no matter what the marketing department says... so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply