Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OLN Canada sucks!!!
Quote | Reply
A month ago I subscribded to Videotron Indigo to get access to OLN Canada. As you can guess, my main motivation is the Tour but I was also attracted by having the coverage of other road races and Ironman. But now I'm getting very frustrated! Ok, they are covering the Tour but what else? Zip! Nada! Just check the next few days schedule...US (http://www.olntv.com/) : Dauphine Libere, pre-Tour, on Friday, all Day 2002 tour and 2003 preview, etc. CAN (http://www.facetheelements.com/...2026%202003&TZ=0): Workout, Lumberjack, dogs, fishing. And the OLN add that keeps playing is only showing triathlon images!!!

Now I tried to e-mail OLN Can with a few suggestion and questions but you get a out of office reply that says that there are too many mails to handle(Hire people you...)!!! No wonder they have so many with a program like that. Custumer services? They dont know shit! Call Emilio at Desoto and pay him for a class.

End of the rant.

Richard (I'm jalous and want OLN US!)

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: OLN Canada sucks!!! [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to my world! It does suck large. And you can't forget to mention the Strongman shows....they seem to be on everytime I flip over to there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that OLN Canada shows way too many lumberjack and strongman shows. In their defense though I think they are having trouble with the whole Canadian content thing. I think a significant portion of their programing has to be Canadian and may be difficult to fill. But why not show the canadian cycling championships that are on this weekend in Hamilton, or show a few more of the local triathlons or adventure races. That way they get their CanCon and still show the stuff they are pretending to be all about.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: OLN Canada sucks!!! [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now hold on a minute. OLN Canada is providing a great resource to that country - where else can the people turn to for coverage of lumberjacks and men of exceptional strength? Let us not forget that this channel serves Canada, eh, and I believe at least 70% of the Canadian population are, in fact, either lumberjacks or exceptionally strong men who like lifting things like cars or very large rocks.

And what about the children who dream some day of being lumberjacks or exceptionally strong men? What are they supposed to watch? Reruns of triathletes and cyclists with sunken chests and scrawny arms that couldn't chop through a 15" log in 47 seconds if their lives depended on it? Not hardly.

OLN Canada needs to take a strong line to preserve the character of that wonderful, cold land. If anything they should add more canadian specific content such as sleddog racing, beaver hunting and caribou wrangling.

That's my $.02.

John in CAlifornia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just think not having OLN at all. I remember watching a 1 maybe 2 hour special on the whole TDF Midday on the last day of the race. Did you get the Giro?
Quote Reply
Re: OLN Canada sucks!!! [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've subscribed to OLN less than a month ago and did'nt see the Giro on the scedule since. Was it broadcast? Do they usualy cover the IM championship?

Thank's

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Richard, I know it's hard to accept but after triathlon and NASCAR, the first three hours of any cycling race are among the least interesting sporting moments in the world to watch on TV. "And they're pedalling. And someone went back for a water bottle. And some guy from a French team went off the front in a doomed move..." Thank god for NBC's slick production of the IM every year, or we would be bored senseless by tri as well. With the exception of the coverage of the Sydney Olympics, short course racing coverage just blows. Even I find the lumberjack shows easier to watch.

CBC will be showing road nats in an abbreviated version a week after the event, won't they? I thought they were using it as a tune-up for Worlds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And they wonder why hundreds of thousands of Canadians have illegal satelite TV.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply