Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [chris-alfonso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have seen logical hypotheses on twitter re: small right-wing extremist (guns, taxes, etc.) and also whatever-wing extremists the IRA are (local court case involving the IRA that was decided today).

at any rate, first, second, 5th, even 10th reports are wrong. let's not go all apeshit on Richard Jewell just yet.

chris-alfonso wrote:
CNN has officially called in terrorist attack but it is unlikely that it was an international or domestic origination Odds are they are an individual or a small group of people.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericM40-44: Apr 15, 13 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Norsedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Norsedude wrote:
Boston police state no one in custody but my guess is they wouldn't tell you if they did as they may be trying to round up others.

Yeah if they really do have someone detained at one of the hospitals they are probably not going to confirm it to the public to try to prevent attempts at vigilante justice.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
have seen logical hypotheses on twitter re: small right-wing extremist (guns, taxes, etc.) and also whatever-wing extremists the IRA are (local court case involving the IRA that was decided today).

at any rate, first, second, 5th, even 10th reports are wrong. let's not go all apeshit on Richard Jewell just yet.

chris-alfonso wrote:
CNN has officially called in terrorist attack but it is unlikely that it was an international or domestic origination Odds are they are an individual or a small group of people.

Hacker group anonymous has been tweeting a blurry image of a man on the rooftops in the area. And it is a terrorist attack, it's an attack that has promoted fear and terror.

I don't think it's a large group either. Sad to say, a large, "practiced" terrorist group would have caused much much more death and destruction. For where they were placed, there was actually not that much damage compared to what could have been. (And I in no way mean to demean, make light or otherwise lessen the tragedy. I am just very grateful that it was not ten times worse than it is.)

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like the blasts were timed with when the most people would be finishing, yes?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luckily it wasn't an hour or so earlier when it is even more crowded in that spot. If there is any silver lining, that is it.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lesley williams, l.a. tri club, is reported to have said she's ok, on facebook.   
peggy
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Seems like the blasts were timed with when the most people would be finishing, yes?

Imagine if they had been underneath the viewing stands instead of what appears to be doorways across the street behind the spectators.

As I said, I am in no way making less of it than it is, I am very thankful that it was not much much worse as it could easily have been.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no doubt this is terrorism... just please don't jump to capital-T Terrorism Islamaphobia-style just yet.

that guy being arrested could be anyone. Drunk who wouldn't cooperate. Mentally ill guy who wouldn't coooperate and clear the area. Distraught man looking for loved ones not cooperating. Law and order is simple in this respect... avoid big problems by handling small ones soonest and publicly.

yes, small group or individual. I hate to say it, but those bombs, while devastating, were small thankfully. Much of the blast force looked to be directed upwards (trash can) and from the looks of it only the people standing right on top of it were severely injured.

I've seen pictures similar to the ones online today from another place and time and I too am thankful that this it isn't 10x worse.

Ultimately, so many people rushed to the sound of the guns so to speak to help and I can't help but hope that people were saved by that selflessness.

Devlin wrote:
ericM40-44 wrote:

chris-alfonso wrote:

Hacker group anonymous has been tweeting a blurry image of a man on the rooftops in the area. And it is a terrorist attack, it's an attack that has promoted fear and terror.

I don't think it's a large group either. Sad to say, a large, "practiced" terrorist group would have caused much much more death and destruction. For where they were placed, there was actually not that much damage compared to what could have been. (And I in no way mean to demean, make light or otherwise lessen the tragedy. I am just very grateful that it was not ten times worse than it is.)

John

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [pmcdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelorider is fine. I don't think we're making the Sam Adams tour though. Glad everyone we know is checking in safe. I'm off to find an open bar.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure that would have mattered. Sidewalks were crammed, and the road could have been filled with runners but they would not have been hurt. Unfortunately the bystanders absorbed the brunt of the blast. Probably a weak bomb relatively, probably mostly directed upward relatively.

watch the finish line video. Many people standing in the road facing the bomb directly don't even flinch.

Brian in MA wrote:
Luckily it wasn't an hour or so earlier when it is even more crowded in that spot. If there is any silver lining, that is it.

Last edited by: ericM40-44: Apr 15, 13 15:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
Hacker group anonymous has been tweeting a blurry image of a man on the rooftops in the area.

1) that photo looks shopped
2) a rooftop is a great vantage point to watch a marathon
3) plenty of pics of people with backpacks on the race course. They must all be terrorists, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely terrible. Had three people running. One came in under 3, one 3.5 one was .8 from the finish at 4:08, couldn't finish.

Heart, thoughts, and wishes to all those affected.

"Grind it til' you find it..."
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [eabecker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8 year old confirmed killed. Sickening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just about to enter the green line Park T-Station when informed the entire green line was shut down. Started to walk the 20K or so back to Riverside Station where the car was parked and met up with 3 others in the same boat. When we got to Kenmore we started hitchhiking and got picked up by 3 sets of good samaritans who got us back.

Prayers to those affected by the bombings and to all of their loved ones.

Such a shame that such a spectacular event in such a fabulous City is so negatively affected. I'll definitely be back next year.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really nothing to add other than i hope everyone, their friends, and their loved ones are safe, and speedy recovery to the victims and that those in critical condition will make it.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [dave_voyageur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_voyageur wrote:

I feared this would (inevitably) be the case. Anyone that ran through there today can understand why.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [dave_voyageur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh no, horrible, not another kid. final mile of the race was dedicated to Newtown victims.

dave_voyageur wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was there to watch renorider race, and he and all of his support crew are OK.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_voyageur wrote:

My heart goes out to his family. As a parent I couldn't fathom this. My wife was scheduled to have been in that 10:40am wave this morning, thankfully something else prevented her from being there this year. I really hope someone can find the bastards responsible.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live just outside of Boston. Boston isn't exactly known as the friendliest town in America. But this one day, the city, and the whole state are out there, on the same page, cheering on the runners.

This race is as much, if not more, about the people out on the sides of the roads than the people running down them.

This just feels so close to home, not just our city, but our day. Any other day would have been equally as tragic. But on this day people are standing on the side of the roads so us idiots have some support while we engage in this ridiculous activity. Now some of those people are dead or seriously injured.

By all accounts the BAA handled last year's extreme conditions well and has done a good job in response to this so far. I trust they'll figure out a way to honor and address what happened and we'll be back out there next year.

Thoughts go out to anyone affected by this. I work in the city and will be there tomorrow, if anyone is stuck in the city because of cancelled flights, lunch is on me tomorrow at the Chipotle on Washington St., PM me if you're around and want to meet.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FULL SUPPORT VICTIMS AND FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.
Brian in MA wrote:
Breaking news on one of the local stations, hope no one is hurt:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/...arathon-finish-line/

ADMIN EDIT: Hi all, please post updates _OR_ request for updates if you need them on friends, family, etc who were racing.

Hope everyone's loved ones are safe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
TriBodyboarder wrote:

Imagine if they had been underneath the viewing stands instead of what appears to be doorways across the street behind the spectators.

As I said, I am in no way making less of it than it is, I am very thankful that it was not much much worse as it could easily have been.

John

There would have been more people on the sidewalk side. On the library side, you needed credentials to get into the stands. The stands started emptying at 12:30 after the trophies were handed out.

It would have been much worse a couple hours earlier
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Mad Jee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mad Jee wrote:
Heard from Pat, Printer86, and he is safe.

Thanks for posting Mark. Me and Mrs. Printer were eating lunch in the Pru Center when everyone started running. We worked our way outside and to our car under the Boston Common.

This is a really sad day.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Mad Jee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed, if anyone could use some help from a local, feel free to PM me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adam Ricklets is okay. Finished 30 min before blast. Reading updates at reddit

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply

Prev Next