Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grrrr trying to avoid any twitter rumor/spec, thought it would at least be verified. We are stuck here, but at least we made it back to the hotel in Brookline before the subway was shutdown. Rage against the coward(s) who did it :(
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That makes more, 2:09 local seemed way early given the local coverage.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to hear this, as the Post was quoting a lot of people dead... "only" two at this point.

Power13 wrote:

CNN just disputed this report and quoted a Boston official as saying "We don't know where they got that report."

Again, take the NYP for what it is worth.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Explosion at Boston Marathon finish line [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photos posted at theatlantic.com include one that is so disturbing (a man's mangled/missing legs), I wish I hadn't clicked to view it. Thank goodness I have a fairly strong stomach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fox news also saying there is a "person of interest" under guard at hospital

Go Cyclones! In Hoc Signo Vinces. Twitter @Cise_Smash
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:

CNN just disputed this report and quoted a Boston official as saying "We don't know where they got that report."

Fox is reporting that they are guarding someone who is 20 with severe burns but "authorities had not determined whether the person was a victim or a perpetrator".
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [thepaul500] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Block (Fraternity brother and founder of Beaker Concepts triathlon company) ran today, and he is ok.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [thepaul500] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thepaul500 wrote:

About the same value as the NY Post, IMO.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://twitter.com/...896151830528/photo/1

this is a member of Team Red White and Blue giving up his shirt to treat the wounded. This is what we are all about. Helmet for Heroes

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Apr 15, 13 14:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
Photos posted at theatlantic.com include one that is so disturbing (a man's mangled/missing legs), I wish I hadn't clicked to view it. Thank goodness I have a fairly strong stomach.

That guy probably saved several lives taking the brunt of the blast.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [LostNTransition] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LostNTransition wrote:
Power13 wrote:

Fox is reporting that they are guarding someone who is 20 with severe burns but "authorities had not determined whether the person was a victim or a perpetrator".

They need to take this fuck bring him out in the street and shoot him in the head. Otherwise, these things will continue to happen...
unless people realize there are consequences to their actions.

My thoughts and prayers to the families who have lost.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4:09:45

Such a Bad Runner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
thepaul500 wrote:

This event is bigger than your opinion. Act like an adult.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
thepaul500 wrote:

Boston officials just strongly denied in the press conference reports of a suspect being held.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

Yeah that picture was absolutely terrible and shouldn't have been published to the internet period. Even for people who enjoy horror fics, that image was beyond disturbing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that was horrible... he's lucky to be alive. I saw that guys pic from a different angle from the chest up and he looked like he was in complete shock.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ScrapIronSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScrapIronSteve wrote:
They need to take this fuck bring him out in the street and shoot him in the head. Otherwise, these things will continue to happen...
unless people realize there are consequences to their actions.

They might want to you know, actually make sure he did it first.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [AggieRob93] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boston police state no one in custody but my guess is they wouldn't tell you if they did as they may be trying to round up others.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OC Ben and wife are OK.

Mrs. OCB ran and was pretty close when it happened. From his FB: "Took us about 1.5 hours to drive 3 miles to our hotel. But we're fine, shaken up but safe."

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [ScrapIronSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScrapIronSteve wrote:
unless people realize there are consequences to their actions..

They should have done the same thing to Richard Jewel. That'll show 'em.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Norsedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great day. Crazy day. Just glad to get out of the city with my family.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Norsedude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CNN has officially called in terrorist attack but it is unlikely that it was an international or domestic origination Odds are they are an individual or a small group of people.

When your legs get tired, run with your heart
http://tritofinishchris.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScrapIronSteve wrote:

They should have done the same thing to Richard Jewel. That'll show 'em.

+1. Let's slow down. There's so much misinformation out there right now, it's ridiculous. My thoughts go out to all those affected.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife and kids were watching about 500 m down from the finish line, left to go back to the hotel about 20-30 minutes before it happened. So thankful they were safe inside.

I think I was in the hotel shower at the time, and the since that time it has been the most surreal day. Don't have the words to express my thoughts about all of this.

Tragic for everyone affected, my heart goes out to them.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [chris-alfonso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard from Pat, Printer86, and he is safe.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next