Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [rmhick2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
though it is easy to let emotion get the best of us, we also have to be careful we don't catch innocent parties that had nothing to do with it.

I hope the FBI has some other evidence other than 2 random people who kind of look suspicious. Do they have pics of them later on without their backpacks?
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just read that one suspect is now dead in a police shootout that also cost a police officer his life, the other is on the run.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/...rtown-064355149.html
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope they capture the other guy alive. I want to know why and what lead to this. What is the psychology behind this.

Then we quarter him.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclops wrote:
though it is easy to let emotion get the best of us, we also have to be careful we don't catch innocent parties that had nothing to do with it.

I hope the FBI has some other evidence other than 2 random people who kind of look suspicious. Do they have pics of them later on without their backpacks?

The brother of one of the victims (the guy with his legs blown off that was shown on the news in a wheelchair) said his brother woke-up in the hospital and ID'd one of the bombers as putting the bomb down just before it blew up on him...so yeah I'd say that's NOT random.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philadelphia loves Boston. Hundreds of runners went converged on City Hall and ran to the Constitution Center/Liberty Bell. The police blocked off the streets for us. So amazing.
Can you guys see where it says "Only in America" - that was the sign on the National Jewish History Museum.

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [BrianRunsPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is really cool. Looks huge!!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
That is really cool. Looks huge!!
It was. I only captured a tiny piece of it on my phone. Crowd was estimated to be close to 3,000 runners.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marlonius wrote:
I just read that one suspect is now dead in a police shootout that also cost a police officer his life, the other is on the run.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/...rtown-064355149.html

Been listening to the scanner since 4am - city on lockdown and hunting white hat. apparently black hat had the trigger to the suicide vest white hat is assumed to be wearing.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
I want to know why and what lead to this.

I don't. He doesn't deserve a platform for his bullshit.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [BrianRunsPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianRunsPhilly wrote:
Philadelphia loves Boston.

Like I said yesterday, we're kinda like cousins

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed... hope this guy is caught alive... if he is shot dead... Conspiracy theories will fly

and while I mean absolutely no humor in this at all... I am very saddened by these events.... I can't help but think this feels like a giant Slowtwitch witch hunt...

I think its awesome that the FBI has these powers (shutting down a whole city) to find their guy... its absolutely amazing to see that we won't stop until justice is served

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What platform? Without information, we are doomed to repeat history. Maybe there is valueable information that we can get to help avoid future incidents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chechnyan nationalists. They like to kill lots of children. See recent Russian history.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Just replying to the thread. I saw snippets of President Obama's speech....two messages that I love:

"...you picked on the wrong city....."

So...that implies there is a right city?

and the other one

"....we will finish the race..."[/quote]
What race?

Both are speechwriter standards put in there just for effect. Meaningless politic-speak.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
politics blackout

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Last edited by: burnman: Apr 19, 13 8:28
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.wbur.org/2013/04/17/bill-rodgers

Look for Bill Rodgers at Boston next year!
Last edited by: TriBeer: Apr 19, 13 9:08
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found a list of runs being organized in the DC Metropolitan area, which includes VA & MD:

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/wellbeing/fitness-classes/running-events-in-dc-to-honor-boston-marathon-victims.php
Last edited by: TriBeer: Apr 19, 13 9:21
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monday night all over the country there will be runs - "A week after, Boston Strong"
if your area does not have one, start one
more info here: http://pavementrunner.com/boston-strong-city/
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I'll pass it on.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we just get away from the ST argumentative mode at least on this thread for at least a few days. Of course there is not right city to "pick" on, but you get the point. He was trying to prop up the morale of the citizens of Boston. Let's just move on in a positive way now. Those bombers already hammered the city, lives of innocent people and took a piece of the soul of the endurance sports world. We don't need useless divisive debate to layer on top of this.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Can we just get away from the ST argumentative mode at least on this thread for at least a few days. Of course there is not right city to "pick" on, but you get the point. He was trying to prop up the morale of the citizens of Boston. Let's just move on in a positive way now. Those bombers already hammered the city, lives of innocent people and took a piece of the soul of the endurance sports world. We don't need useless divisive debate to layer on top of this.

Well said. Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
http://www.wbur.org/2013/04/17/bill-rodgers

Look for Bill Rodgers at Boston next year!

Based on the Runner's World article that was posted on FB, it seems many former champions will be there in 2014

Amby Burfoot then contacted a large group of former champions, and got quick positive responses from everyone. Some said they would run next year, some said they would walk, some said they would cheer, some said they would support the marathon in spirit.

Sincerely,
Gayle Barron: 1978
Sara Mae Berman: 1969, 1970, 1971
Amby Burfoot: 1968
Jack Fultz: 1976
Roberta Gibb: 1966, 1967, 1968
Jacqueline Hansen: 1973
Ron Hill: 1970
Nina Kuscsik: 1972
Greg Meyer: 1983
Lorraine Moller: 1984
Uta Pippig: 1994, 1995, 1996
Lisa Weidenbach Rainsberger: 1985
Bill Rodgers: 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980
Allison Roe: 1981
Alberto Salazar: 1982
Joan Benoit Samuelson: 1979, 1983
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL BOSTON MARATHON EXPLOSION THREAD - Post updates on friends/family/STers [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BAA just sent this, I think they did a pretty good job:

TO OUR RUNNERS:

As we watch the latest episode in this agonizing story surrounding Monday's cowardly attack in Boston, I want to let everyone who participated in this year's marathon know that we at the Boston Athletic Association stand with you.

We have been inspired by your bravery in the face of unspeakable cruelty, and we have been moved by your outpouring of support for our race officials, volunteers and our entire Boston Marathon family-a family of which you are now a lifetime member.

We will be forever moved by the strength of our runners. Runners who finished their race, only to then race to give blood to help save their fellow runners who had fallen. Runners who helped support those around them when they found themselves leaving the course and huddling in schools, churches and the homes of strangers who opened their doors.

Monday's tragic events affected us all. Those who were injured are in our thoughts and prayers. Yesterday, we prayed together. We prayed with President Obama, who told us.

Our prayers are with the injured-so many wounded, some gravely. From their beds, some are surely watching us gather here today. And if you are, know this: As you begin this long journey of recovery, your city is with you. Your commonwealth is with you. Your country is with you. We will all be with you as you learn to stand and walk and, yes, run again. Of that I have no doubt. You will run again. You will run again!

And we will run again. You are strong. Boston is strong. And You and Boston have made us enormously proud. The Boston Marathon is a deeply held tradition, an integral part of the fabric and history of our running community. We are committed to continuing that tradition with the running of the 118th Boston Marathon in 2014. We will all run again.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tom Grilk, for the B.A.A.

P.S. Once the emergency situation in Boston is resolved, we will be sending out additional counseling information for anyone in need
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, agree they did a great job with this (with minor editorial correction below). There will likely be some cynical curmudgeons on this thread who won't like it, but screw them.

Boston 2014 is going to be one hell of a party!

TO OUR RUNNERS:

As we watch the latest episode in this agonizing story surrounding Monday's cowardly attack in Boston, I want to let everyone who participated in this year's marathon know that we at the Boston Athletic Association stand with you.

We have been inspired by your bravery in the face of unspeakable cruelty, and we have been moved by your outpouring of support for our race officials, volunteers and our entire Boston Marathon family-a family of which you are now a lifetime member.

We will be forever moved by the strength of our runners. Runners who finished their race, only to then race to give blood to help save their fellow runners who had fallen. Runners who helped support those around them when they found themselves leaving the course and huddling in schools, churches and the homes of strangers who opened their doors.

Monday's tragic events affected us all. Those who were injured are in our thoughts and prayers. Yesterday, we prayed together. We prayed with President Obama, who told us:

Our prayers are with the injured-so many wounded, some gravely. From their beds, some are surely watching us gather here today. And if you are, know this: As you begin this long journey of recovery, your city is with you. Your commonwealth is with you. Your country is with you. We will all be with you as you learn to stand and walk and, yes, run again. Of that I have no doubt. You will run again. You will run again!

And we will run again. You are strong. Boston is strong. And You and Boston have made us enormously proud. The Boston Marathon is a deeply held tradition, an integral part of the fabric and history of our running community. We are committed to continuing that tradition with the running of the 118th Boston Marathon in 2014. We will all run again.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tom Grilk, for the B.A.A.

P.S. Once the emergency situation in Boston is resolved, we will be sending out additional counseling information for anyone in need

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply

Prev Next