Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, it's a bit of a funny story about the mug, and thankfully Stefan is enough of a stud that there was no way I was catching him for 3rd because if I had and gotten the smaller mug I'd probably still be in CT right now.

As I was leaving, I figured "Long drive, better get some water." and filled the big honkin mug up with water. When I got in my car and started driving, I realized after a few unsuccessful attempts to drink that it wasn't possible while driving without dumping water all over my lap, so I left 2/3s of a mug of water sitting there.

Somewhere on 84, I look down and my temperature gauge was shooting up to the "Yer screwed" setting. I pull over and sure enough the coolant is super low. After letting it cool down, I was able to dump the ~30 oz of water still left in the mug into the radiator and all systems were go to get me 10 miles to the next gas station...
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric was 3rd O/A in the LC. He got his mug and check before driving back to Philly.
He was the guy dressed in pink with the pink aero helmet.
Everyone, I'm sorry about the glitches with the timing. If you find your result listed wrong or missing, please contact the timer. mark@fastfinishes.net
I'm confident that all chip data was captured. He's apparently having issues with scrubbing out multiple records. Once that's done, it should all be accurate.
A lot of the provisional results printed yesterday at the race site had "finish times" for racers that were actually their split starting their 3rd run in the F1, or their 3rd run lap of the LC. Thankfully, many honest racers came forward with their actual finish times which matched what was in the computer once the data was located.
Mark should have this all cleared up soon.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're kidding that 2012 is sold out already, RIGHT?????? PANICKING HERE!?!?!?
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're the first to notice. Yes, I'm kidding.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
You're the first to notice. Yes, I'm kidding.

on certain things, I'm very observant.

For example.... it's pouring today in New Paltz!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ps I stand by my assessment of you from T1 ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're not alone in that assessment. Safe voyage home to you and Kathy.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Updated results are here:

http://www.coolrunning.com/...15_Americ_set1.shtml

I appreciate your feedback.

Mark
mark@fastfinishes.net

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CeeCee wrote:

All that means is that ML was given free entry into the 2012 event as partial award for his O/A win. Based on his ability to dominate the AmZof masses, there's really no point in allowing anyone else into the race .... therefore, it's effectively sold out!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
CeeCee wrote:

All that means is that ML was given free entry into the 2012 event as partial award for his O/A win. Based on his ability to dominate the AmZof masses, there's really no point in allowing anyone else into the race .... therefore, it's effectively sold out!

I think there is a better chance that ML has to pay double than him getting comped...kinda like "well I owe you boys $200 and you drank $300 worth of beer"
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Free what? Partial who?

Nah, I pay that bastid full boat for my fun, just like everyone else.
When I raced LC at least I used to win it back; not anymore.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
I told you yesterday, the back of my throat is killing me.

you must have done a hell of a job as you now do not even exist...you sure you were there at all?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's better off that way. Less ridicule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
It's better off that way. Less ridicule.

yeah but did Yoda win the bet? He and I for sure lost to ML and KDW crushed dreams. You were his only chance...good thing we never agreed on the terms...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's something very weird about the SC results- going from 3 hours to 4 hours and back to 3 hours again. Are they missing a loop on some people somewhere?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny, it took me 7min4secs to change out my flat on bike lap two. Next year ML, next year!!!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Natrl DIZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Natrl DIZZ wrote:
Funny, it took me 7min4secs to change out my flat on bike lap two. Next year ML, next year!!!

Ahhhh, my minions were successful in their task. ;-)

Great job Rich. I am sooo thankful to not have had to try to outrun you at the end. Since I couldn't have possibly done so.

See you next year.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"See you next year."

Nah...you two rockfish get to duke it out for Round 2 at LP in 2 months...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the most recent SAT Exam:

Writing a $500 check to Mimi Boyle is to Drinking Beer, as Writing a $500 check to Michael Bakker is to Drinking:

a. cream of some young guy
b. draino
c. bong water blended with rat poison
d. all of the above

The correct answer is D.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a great story!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
From the most recent SAT Exam:

Writing a $500 check to Mimi Boyle is to Drinking Beer, as Writing a $500 check to Michael Bakker is to Drinking:

a. cream of some young guy
b. draino
c. bong water blended with rat poison
d. all of the above

Says the RD, from personal experience.

The correct answer is D.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The original anti-pasto's trash talk bet from yoda was that he'd be finished before I started the last run. I know I saw ML in my last transition (which ruined my day ;) but yoda was not close to living up to his original drunken prediction. I'm not sure what that really says. Either way, I failed miserably on the last 2 legs of the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
The original anti-pasto's trash talk bet from yoda was that he'd be finished before I started the last run. I know I saw ML in my last transition (which ruined my day ;) but yoda was not close to living up to his original drunken prediction. I'm not sure what that really says. Either way, I failed miserably on the last 2 legs of the race.

I will admit that on my last time through the gazebo I looked around and was happy to NOT see ML standing there with a beer in his hand...
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done. Which guy were you? You must have been in stealth mode ahead of me the whole time. I saw Burke and Judex on the last run lap, but don't think I ever saw you and definately didn't see ML after R1.

I had the white top and white helmet, riding the P2 with disc. Karate Kid headband.

My race report goes something like this:
- R1: Too fast. There goes any hopes of pacing!
- B1: Now that pacing is out the window, let's ride like an idiot! 275 avg watts, Wow that lap felt easier than it should have.
- R2: CALF CRAMPS. Guess that "easy" lap wasn't so easy. Never had cramping issues before this, also never pushed those watts for 1:30 and ran afterwards. Blazing new territory.
- B2: Groin and calf cramps. 230 avg watts, So THIS is why I was planning to pace. TIME TO PAY.
- R3: Judex and Burke both passed me early here. More cramps and a drunken zombie run. Not a pretty sight. Finish in 5:23.

I have been a bottomless pit since the race. Literally can't stop eating.
Last edited by: slimfast: May 17, 11 9:44
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"which guy were you?".

Here's a hint - his super-secret, encoded screen name can be decoded to discover an amazing coincidence:
His last name starts with a W. Those other 2 letters appear to have some sort of meaning as well. It's like the DaVinci Code, only with better acting.
;-)

Great race, and if it makes you feel any better, I don't think any amount of "proper pacing" can help much at AmZof.
The last bike and run suck, regardless.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next