Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
So.... How're we making out on getting results posted?

Not to throw Mark and crew under the bus, but - why not raise the entry fee $5 a head next year, and then we can afford the Boots & Ellen experience w/ zero extra out-of-pocket cost to the RD? I'd gladly pay the $5 more - having them do the live ST updates is worth that premium alone.[/quo

+1

This was only my second time doing SC race, but having Boots and Ellen there is definitely adds to the whole atmosphere and is worth a bit extra IMO.

Major props to the RD and all the volunteers for putting on such a tight, well-run race once again. Main St Bistro hit another home run this year with the burgers and chili. And post-race beer? In a big honkin' stein? ..... Outstanding!

This is, by far, the best race I've ever done.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [GGNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The locals know that the little kicker before the chapel is the steepest pitch on the course. We HATE that bitch!
Finisher's hats are only for long course. They got medals too - they're all so hard core, they all told me the medals are lame.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh...got it. Thanks for the clarification. like I said, total rookie here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I told you yesterday, the back of my throat is killing me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GGNYC wrote:
Ahhhh...got it. Thanks for the clarification. like I said, total rookie here.

As Inspector Clouseau would say, "not anymore". That AmZof cherry got popped but good yesterday.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know the spot you went off course and we'll make sure to mark it better next year. See you in 2012.
Crooklin?! I used to race Prospect Park but that pimple in the middle of the circuit won't prepare you for our 1st 800 meters of mud.
Floyd Bennet - raced that a lot too - the only place as flat as that is inside the pavilion.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an AmZof and LC rookie I would like to say thanks for not going home until I showed up. I knew it was going to be a long day when I was standing doing 4mph up that first pesky F#$%ing hill out on the bike course. That was a wicked course to say the least, I just wish I was able to see the view on the descent off the Gunks or for that matter the road, oncoming traffic, deer etc.

Absolutely fantastic race John, I was laughing at the start line thinking about Placid in '08 . I Officially did not laugh after going under the banner and came real close to crying when all the burgers were gone.

Thanks to the guy who handed me the beer. " It's a bit hoppy " was an understatement, but worth the wait. Someone who had been done for quite some time came up and shook my hand, thanks that mean't alot.

Thanks to all the volunteers who suffered through that rain but kept motivating us all day long, you guys /gals were awesome.

No longer wondering and proudly wearing a really cool hat and shirt.

LC or bust

Jim

Last edited by: SCrono: May 16, 11 19:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My brief ITT race report:

Now I understand why every reference to people doing this race was something along the lines of "fools," "idiots," or "poor, deluded souls - pity them."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another epic adventure in the books for me. My 2nd consecutive LC finish and am pleased I hung on. Many thanks to the organizers and volunteers. Special thanks to Mr. Kroll for tirelessly running through the mud to encourage the LC die-hards to a strong finish. We've never met, but much respect, Sir - seriously.

One thing though - last year - my first LC - I learned I placed 3rd in my AG (45-49) but went home mugless...This year I finished with the same time (dunno what place yet), and in a dark & scary foggy mud-swamp, but I went home hatless and mugless. What gives? You folks have something against ponytails? Where's the love?

In all seriousness - thanks for planning & holding this race. Class act all around. Volunteers rock and great grass-roots vibe.

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
They got medals too - they're all so hard core, they all told me the medals are lame.

I keep telling you that you need to give belt buckles for LC finishers. You could double the entry fee because the belt buckles would be the most prized finishers item in multisport.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [techrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You folks have something against ponytails? Where's the love?

I'm telling you, there is a seriously sinister undertone going on at Am Zof this year regarding cranial hair.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goddamn hippies!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make one wrong turn heading for Woodstock and you end up surrounded by a lot of strange geeks in nauseating lycra. Man, it's like Children of the Corn time, I'm telling ya.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CeeCee offers the Murphys Law limp-wristed salute so that Tetsuoni can verify she is a true STer. He then grabs the FDM beer transported across the Cdn-US border (at great personal peril I might add) and says something along the lines of "Now get the F back to your own country" ;)

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian Womens were everywhere this weekend....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for everything John, and your family, staff, volunteers, and all the other participants. I thought I did pretty well to hold it together this year but I still got all emotional at the end of my SC race. The difficulty of the terrain of this course makes it a truly profound experience.

The best thing about AmZof in the spring...... there is NOTHING in the rest of my 2011 race schedule that comes remotely close to scaring me. What's that Marine saying, It tears you down and builds you back up again. As I crossed the finish line, I was totally physically and emotionally spent. A day later, I am ready to take on anything, athletically and professionally.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I apologize for the delay in the results.

The overall and age group results are posted here:

http://www.coolrunning.com/...15_Americ_set1.shtml

Run and bike splits will be posted on Tuesday.

Thank you!

Mark

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [techrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM me and we'll take care of your much deserved awards and schwag.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now, that there's funny.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't want to second guess you, but I could have sworn Rich Burke was in 2nd place in F1, and definately in the top 3. He doesn't even show up in the results.

If I recall top 5 was:

Bakker
Burke
Judex
Pond
Waletzke
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know for a fact that Rich Burke was 2nd O/A in the F1.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely finished in 5:19, so:

Bakker
Burke
Judex
Welch
Pond
Waletzke

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that Eric Reitinger (sp?) guy was 3rd OA in LC, and now he's not listed?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric is listed, but there is a semi-colon instead of a regular colon so he is listed as last with a time of 7:31;08.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
Eric is listed, but there is a semi-colon instead of a regular colon so he is listed as last with a time of 7:31;08.

I was about to congratulate you for moving up to 3rd OA and demand that you send me the first place mug...

But now its Looking like I may have to steal one from ML if I want to complete my collection after all ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next