Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official american zofingen live updates [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, I hope no one ever has to be in my shoes....I piss on the bike and run.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great day, great rave, great volunteers. thanks to all the usual suspects for putting on such a good show.

it's all about the run
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Chris and Murphy said - we need to rock that train of ours again this year at E-dot. I'm re-inspired again to get my fat ass back into shape after yesterday's heroics. I just got back from cleaning up the run course, picking up our "idiot proof" signs, and I cannot believe anyone actually ran in that slop! I was walking and the mud sucked my shoes off.
To the racers who were smart enough and considerate enough to drop their gel packs at the foot of the signs - thanks! Very easy to pick up afterwards at a spot I'm going to definitely be at.
I actually lost 5 pounds in 1 day with no training! Race Directing does take its toll.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
What Chris and Murphy said - we need to rock that train of ours again this year at E-dot. I'm re-inspired again to get my fat ass back into shape after yesterday's heroics. I just got back from cleaning up the run course, picking up our "idiot proof" signs, and I cannot believe anyone actually ran in that slop! I was walking and the mud sucked my shoes off.
To the racers who were smart enough and considerate enough to drop their gel packs at the foot of the signs - thanks! Very easy to pick up afterwards at a spot I'm going to definitely be at.
I actually lost 5 pounds in 1 day with no training! Race Directing does take its toll.

You really should have video'd your reaction to the slop...to hear you say you cant believe anyone would run is that slop...is priceless...I think I will take a sharpie and write that on the back of my hat with JM's initials.

I feel prouder today thinking back to the epic battle I had with myself yesterday.

And once again...hats off to the volunteers....and hats off to my wife for waiting for my LC finish...she should have gotten a medal :)
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [rodwilsonsr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When we marked the run course late Saturday it was very runnable. What a difference an inch or so of rain can make. Congratulations on finishing!
Given the rain and the high speed descents, I'm please to say that the only reported crashes were on the run.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that was a baptism by fire.

"Only" did SC... the second run was humbling. Running uphill in that mud in flats was an absurdity of Dadaist proportion! Maybe I will not be an ass and run a trail, maybe even a hilly one, in preparation next year...

Happy to have finished, the AG beer mug is icing. That Mother's Milk is good stuff!

Huge thank you to JM, Kurtis, and the rest of the CM2/AmZof team and all of the GREAT volunteers. You really do have a special thing going.

My suggestion for the 2012 tee:

Crush your enemies.
See them driven before you.
And hear the lamentations of the Canadian womens.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [frrtlek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me likey!
Before the memories of misery fade, does anyone else have fresh T shirt slogans?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The mud was MUCH worse after the LC ride than before: what was just wet early on was churned up and mashed into a slippery quagmire after the SC and MD racers got done with it.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisG's umbrella was used for the National Anthem.

RD killing it on the pipes!

LCer's are off!

F1 is off!

F1 racers!

F1 racers!

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [trichris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great photos - thanks for sharing!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Even the first F1 run was pretty decent, and my split was within a small margin of what I normally do.
But throw 110+ F1 runners, 60+ SC racers, and an inch of new rain onto the mix, and the subsequent laps went from bad to worse.

Sections I normally fly thru had me hunting and pecking for a semblance of secure footing.
Managed to keep the rubber-side down all day, but only due to not really pushing it. Really didn't wanna eat it.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A hearty thank you to yourself, the volunteers from a canadian womens first timer. I knew this going to be a hell of a race as I ran up the creek that was the first climb. Looking forward to reclaiming my manhood again next year with a stab at the f1 course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the conan quote. Here's one I came up with the other day.

These hills are funny. First you hate em...then you get used to em. Enough time passes you get so you depend on them. That's american zofingenized!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw takes by force. It's all he wants or understands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
Me likey!
Before the memories of misery fade, does anyone else have fresh T shirt slogans?

The climbs will hurt you, the descents can kill you, but the beer and burgers make it all worth while.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice - that's a front runner.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So.... How're we making out on getting results posted?

Not to throw Mark and crew under the bus, but - why not raise the entry fee $5 a head next year, and then we can afford the Boots & Ellen experience w/ zero extra out-of-pocket cost to the RD? I'd gladly pay the $5 more - having them do the live ST updates is worth that premium alone.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
So.... How're we making out on getting results posted?

Not to throw Mark and crew under the bus, but - why not raise the entry fee $5 a head next year, and then we can afford the Boots & Ellen experience w/ zero extra out-of-pocket cost to the RD? I'd gladly pay the $5 more - having them do the live ST updates is worth that premium alone.

Here's the results for the F-1. (hope it helps)

1'st Murphy's Law.
2'nd. does not matter
3'rd. matters less than #2
4'th till last - matters less than the one above
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got off of the phone with Mark who is on a business trip. He said he'd pull over for some wifi and try to get them to me right away.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will he have the "original" results available? You know, the ones that put me ahead of Yoda and ChrisG?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
parkito wrote:
Will he have the "original" results available? You know, the ones that put me ahead of Yoda and ChrisG?

And had KAlber in front of all y'all. I'm telling ya, that doodes kneepads must be about worn out from getting official results "corrected" like he does. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait, ... that works?!

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [JohnnyKay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another rookie report: Yikes! I managed to survive the F1 and fortunately hooked up with Shane on the 1st run and he gave me some pointers for the run course (thanks Shane!). Coming from Crooklyn I hadn't spent much time riding hills like that so I was feeling it on the first climb up Mohonk rd and the descent was certainly "sporty". The second run was HARD and saw a girl blow by me then have to stop when her shoe disappeared in the mud (she quickly recovered and toasted me up the hill!). I actually had a better split on the 2nd run. Cyclocross out of T3 was "interesting" but the 2nd trip up Mohonk was nearly the death of me. The 2nd time up Minnewaska (44/55) I actually started feeling better and had a decent climb chatting with some locals doing the ITT (crazy SOBs). After the crest of the hill we were COMPLETELY socked in a cloud and by the time I came to the turnoff (by the scenic overlook) some jerk (in a car) cut me off and I locked up my brakes. My heart rate monitor alarm was beeping then!! Feeling good, flying down the hill, turn onto to Granite rd and hook up with another rookie. We make a wrong turn (dont ask me how) and end up back on 44/55 flying downhill. Had to turn around, climb back up to granite and get back on course. The kicker by the chapel KILLED me after the detour and I almost didnt make it over the little dirt hill before transition. By this time my friends and family showed up to lend support and that helped. I'll be honest, I walked up the hills on run 3 and ran the carriage trails. Finished the race (surely at the back of the pack) with a big smile on my face.

This race is Amazing, the people are so friendly and the course is diabolical. Serious props to the LC and ITT racers...true machines. I am already looking forward to next year. There were hats for finishing? Oops, must have missed that in my delirium.

GG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
had no idea that you bagpiped?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [GGNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you enjoyed it. Welcome to the club.

PS - Finishers' hats for LC racers only.

So no - you didn't miss that part in your delirium. Other stuff? More than likely. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next