Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big props to the other Cathy who was EVERYWHERE volunteering today.
I know she was only stripping timing chips to try and peek under my kilt, but still... she was awesome!

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Natrl DIZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich, awesome race today. When you took back 3:00 from ML on the 2nd run, it was very exciting. I think you came into T4 in 4th or 5th then threw down a killer 3rd run for 2nd overall. Great to have you at AmZof! You'll get your revenge against the much despised Murphy's Law at Lake Placid, as will I (resting on my 9:59:22 from last year). You'll break that; he won't.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: Official american zofingen live updates [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
In Reply To:
Assuming she good and he's not planning to DNF - thats bad news as my son just asked me if I was getting chicked tomorrow. /
In Reply To:

Your son is way cool. Clearly knows what's important.

So - got chicked, got very wet, had a great burger (or 2), got a mug, all in great day.

Congrats to ML and Chris G for kicking my a$$ again and to the AZ race committee - job well done.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
Big props to the other Cathy who was EVERYWHERE volunteering today.
I know she was only stripping timing chips to try and peek under my kilt, but still... she was awesome!

Ok, get it right, buddy..... CeeCee is CATHY with a C.

The other KATHY is KATHY with a K. She is the one who was using my cell to text you for the past 3 days while en route, threatening to look up your kilt.

She says, and I quote..... " In my defense, YOU asked me to do that job, I did not volunteer. It is NOT MY FAULT, that I was bending over at people's ankles and your kilt was right above my head which allowed me a WEE PEAK."

And now, we return, to our gourmet dinner in our hotel room, of Mikes Hard Lemonade and PopTarts and Cheesies. Healthy, EH????
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBriGuy wrote:
Nice work, Bakker. I'm guessing you'd have gotten your prediction if not for the initial weather.

Thanks!
There was no "inital weather", it was tough all day, rain or no. 2nd bike lap was very foggy - the Million Dollar View was worth about $.10 cents, a penny/ foot of visibility. Run course went from wet to slick to swampadelic.

Nailed 3 out of 5 lap split goals:
R1 - goal <35, actual <35
B1 - goal <1:30, actual <1:29
B2 - goal <1:35, actual <1:35

R2 - was slowed by having to stop 2x to tie my shoes, once each. Both on the long carriage road descent after the aid station.
Certainly wouldn't have hit my goal, but I'm sure that cost me a chunk o' time.
R3 - mailed it in. Walked both steep climbs, and wasn't running particularly fast anyplace else. Just wanted to be done at that point.

T-times - sucked. Wet stuff is hard to put on and take off. Blah.

One plus was hitting 51.6 on the descent - that might be a new land speed record for me.
Another one was successfully recoving my Joule after it ejected on the 2nd descent, Kyle and I went back later and managed to find it.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetsuoni wrote:
the much despised Murphy's Law

he's actually, in person, not. that. bad.

oh gawd, I can't belive I admitted that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CeeCee wrote:
tetsuoni wrote:
the much despised Murphy's Law

he's actually, in person, not. that. bad.

oh gawd, I can't belive I admitted that.

That's because I set the bar of expectations SO low w/ my online persona, that as long as I'm not a serial killer in person, folks think I'm not half bad.

And now back to our regularly scheduled taunting, already in progress...

"Oh, Canada - we wear you as a hat..."

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey RD, post the results already, will ya?
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slimfast wrote:
First off, hats off to tetsuoni for putting on a fantastic race yet again. To the folks who don't buy into this race's "hype", the hype is well-deserved. Don't knock it 'till you try it. There is a reason this is an annual race schedule highlight for a lot of people (myself included). This course is TOUGH and there is a mutual respect for everybody out there (particularly on a nasty day like today). Haven't seen this kind of vibe at any other race. The food and beer isn't bad either.

Fellow F1 racers:
Murphys Law - Your performance backs up the smacktalk... And there was a lot of smacktalk. Time to bring back "King Murphys Law"?
Rich Burke - Complete animal. Flatted on the second lap and pulled it all together to finish second. Flying on the run.
Stefan Judex - Perfect pacing. I want to see the splits, but I have to imagine they are pretty close to even. This isn't an easy race to pace.

Outing myself: EPOND! In light of the three guys ahead of me, I might change my name to "slimkindafast"

Huge respect for all of the long course finishers. All I can say is "F-THAT".

Great Job today.

Don't forget kdw. He also flatted and still managed 4th OA. Without a flat he might have got third. For a first timer at AZ, he really was able to handle the twists and turns of the bike with style.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are still working on v31 of the F1 results. Check back in 2 weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slimfast wrote:
They are still working on v31 of the F1 results. Check back in 2 weeks.

Be nice :(
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my achilles is killing me on my left leg but at least my IT band is equally sore on the right!!! (reminds me of ace ventura 2: throw me the spear...throw me the other spear. ahhhhh!!!! ahhhhh!!!!!).

It's really too bad Chris Wilhelm broke his chain on the first bike loop. Got to give the guy credit...after hitching a ride back to the pavillion, he went for another run (not sure if he did 1 or 2 more loops...probably 2 knowing him). However, he really liked the event and plans on coming back next year.

The F1 is just brutal. I can't imagine doing the long course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just kidding. In their defense, there were three whacked out courses going on at once. I count 13 splits.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"was slowed by having to stop 2x to tie my shoes, once each"

What? I mean, I knew you were a rookie, but damn...it's 2011...who ties their duathlon shoes anymore?

Glad you found the Joule...and in one piece. Bit of Irish luck, right there!

Anyway...congrats to all. Sorry to have missed the festivities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, as my second year doing LC....I forgot how uncomfortable this race was last year....fortunately, I tend to forget the bad times within a day... so I guess by tomorrow I will be ready to sign up for next year.

I think JM made some deal with the devil to birth this course
Not realizing how hot I was getting with the rain, I was ready to DNF during the second loop due to dehydration... but managed to drag my fat ass back to T2 to suffer and finish the run.

Rain, mud, more rain, more mud, left my shoe in the mud....wouldn't change this for anything.

To quote JM when he handed me my hat...."I can wear my hat to IM and tell them they are a bunch of p#$$ys".....hahahaha

I laughed...before the start.....I cried....during T2....I watched someone else puke and run puke and run, then take off like his pants were on fire.

Love the event, the helpers and maybe tomorrow I will love the RD.

Rod
Last edited by: rodwilsonsr: May 15, 11 22:21
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [rodwilsonsr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rodwilsonsr wrote:
maybe tomorrow I will love the RD.

That's good to know because somebody called the RD an a-hole this morning and his feelings were hurt ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

ML talking about himself. CeeCee thinking.... will this guy ever shut up???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

A motley crew of STers
Tetsuoni, Chris G, CeeCee, ML, kdw, Parkito, TriYoda and friend..... and a lovely flag ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

And more motley..... Parkito, Chris G, CeeCee and KAlber (who did NOT run extra miles this year!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Whoever would deface Tetsuoni's store at midnight? I dunno..... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We'll get them up as soon as I get them from the timer. He was there for the last finisher at almost 7:30pm, then had to break down his equipment, pack it in his car and drive 2 hours home. I expect he'll get them to us today.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vandals from the north!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've sacked York!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well played.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone needs to explain to me how Corky from 'Life Goes On' and Neil Diamond were able to have a kid together.
Quote Reply

Prev Next