Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love that this thread is still alive more than a week after the race-
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Hot 4 Triathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were glad that YOU are still alive a week after the race.

JM - thanks!

Rich - yes, and no. I'll never swim like CG, unless I can get a time machine and go back and not quit swim team after one summer when I was 10.

Even if I swam like Parkito (he's generally 30-31 HIM, 60-62 IM swim splits) that still gets me nowhere near enough to a guy like Gephardt to matter.

My "Total Aversion" swim training allows me to bike and run like i do. Tradeoffs. That's the one I've made.
(I'll definitely be working on my swim the next 8 weeks)

Plus, pool swimming sucks balls.

Back to the DUathlon thread, already in progress....

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BUMP.

Splits are up. Sorta. Formatting leaves a bit to be desired, and there are randomly inserted time-of-day readings mixed in there, but it's something....
My first run split seems to be off by exactly a minute. I think the same for everybody else too.
(I kept my own splits, so I can compare what happened in the real world w/ this new virtual reality alternative universe.)

Rich Burke apparently was banished to the land of the lost w/ KAlber. I really wanted to see his run splits too.

Somehow ChrisG beat Yoda in this alternate universe. By one second. Must have been one helluva imaginary sprint!
I guess he has even better kneepads and technique than KAlber?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The timer really ought to be out and out embarrassed. I think tetsuoni should be able to write off his services as a donation to the Special Olympics. Kind of fits, timing Alber and Gleason is kind of like the Special Olympics anyway(no disrespect intended to the Special Olympics).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it was just a bad dream. I was wondering. Woke up Monday, was sore all over and had this nightmare that I got up at 4a on Sunday drove nearly 100mi to do this duathlon staged at some remote gazebo in the woods. We ran and cycled on this ridiculously difficult course. Oh yeah, and it was pissing rain for most of it. And the RD was wearing a kilt and played the bagpipes during the race. I think I heard he attempted 'do ya think I'm sexy' at one point.

Nah, that couldn't have actually happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Somehow ChrisG beat Yoda in this alternate universe. By one second. Must have been one helluva imaginary sprint!

Well...he is a lawyer...and every time I hear "lawyer" it's usually preceded by "cocksucking" or "bloodsucking"...so either way he's good at sucking ;)

It's almost better that I didn't show up in the results. Between cutting courses short, running courses long (AZ 2010), mysteriously beating people in cyclocross (that I lost to) and now this...it's really making me the stuff of legends. I'm trying to think up my next trick for tupper lake.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My outdated, seven-year-old Macintosh couldn't handle the matrix of "splits" that have been posted.. I've concluded that I was slower on every consecutive lap, but other than that, I am a bit baffled by the excess of numbers in the results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
BUMP.

Splits are up. Sorta. Formatting leaves a bit to be desired, and there are randomly inserted time-of-day readings mixed in there, but it's something....
My first run split seems to be off by exactly a minute. I think the same for everybody else too.
(I kept my own splits, so I can compare what happened in the real world w/ this new virtual reality alternative universe.)

Rich Burke apparently was banished to the land of the lost w/ KAlber. I really wanted to see his run splits too.

Lets see:

We paid about $100 for a fun course, free beer, burgers, chili etc., We know ML won the F-1 race and therefore the rest of us lost.

Do the splits really matter?

Did some-one not get their "appropriate" mug? - and the RD not fix it?

Would any-one have not done the race if there were no splits?

Sh_t happens guys.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Do the splits really matter?"

Considering I kicked ML's ass on the 3rd run split they sure matter to me, pretty much my claim to fame for the next year...of course baliman pipped me by :01 on said 3rd run...

Problem with running as fast as Rich is the timing mats can't record the time.

And WTF happened to Chris G and Yoda in T1? Did you guys start in with the car bombs a bit early?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PS - the Harriman races on Sat had results up Sun eve and splits by later at nite.

I've been at regattas (crew) all spring again (thanks, daughter o'mine!) and am AMAZED by how fast those guys have the results up. Most of the parents (and many of the kids) who are down at our school's crew tent have the results up on their cellphones within less than five minutes of the completion of the race. And the results are really nicely formatted. Here's an example that shows some stuff many triathletes and duathlets would like to see:

http://www.boathouserow.org/...-20-all-results.html

And these are not small races. The one I've given as an example lasts for all day, for two days in a row, and involves
176 high schools, 868 boats, 5,000 athletes .... and yet the results are up with a useful analysis and official status before the athletes have even caught their breadth. Yeah, the format makes this a bit easier, but still, it sets the bar really high.

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next trick for Tupper?

Finishing the complete, proper course in a reasonable amount of time would be one helluva trick for you, apparently.
;-)

I don't really care about my own splits, since unlike everyone else here, I can run and operate a watch at the same time.
Was just curious to see what other folks did. And now, we may never know.

Doesn't diminish my enjoyment of, or the value of, the race experience one iota. But it does provide that much less smacktalk fodder for next year.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can work a watch occasionally but did not really think it mattered. The gps is just depressing at AZ when it just says things like "walking like a bitch" especially considering that the Joule was blinking "Wuss" most of the day. Besides last year when I was going through a rough oxygen deprived [possibly alcohol effected] process of going through the 310 for the splits, boots who was watching took pity on me and wrote them down for me on a piece of paper. It did not seem like there was any extensive math involved.

And FWIW I clearly kicked Yoda's ass! We all know how unreliable eye witness testimony can be ...
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Everybody,

If you have any results questions, please email me at mark@fastfinishes.net.

I've made some changes based on feedback from the athletes.

Thanks!

Mark

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris G wrote:
I can work a watch occasionally but did not really think it mattered. The gps is just depressing at AZ when it just says things like "walking like a bitch" especially considering that the Joule was blinking "Wuss" most of the day. Besides last year when I was going through a rough oxygen deprived [possibly alcohol effected] process of going through the 310 for the splits, boots who was watching took pity on me and wrote them down for me on a piece of paper. It did not seem like there was any extensive math involved.

GPS current lap speed is always unreliable. It should have said "power hiking like a STUD" - oh wait, at least mine would have said that.
Yours was probably dead accurate.

Chris G wrote:
And FWIW I clearly kicked Yoda's ass! We all know how unreliable eye witness testimony can be ...

So it is written, so it shall be done. It's on the interwebs, so it MUST be true, right?

Rich B - clearly it was all just a bad dream. Sadly, it's a recurrring one, seems to happen about once a year or so....

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich's last run split will turn out to be absolutely amazing. When I finished the second long uphill, I looked back and saw nobody. Figured I should be able to shuffle that 2nd place home. Right by the aid station (maybe 2min later), he zoomed by as if I am standing still. 30sec later, he was so far ahead that I couldn't see him any more. Good to know that he actually wasn't there ... otherwise this will be my own recurring nightmare :-)
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really appreciate everyone being so good natured about the problems with the timing.
Please contact Mark with any observations or corrections you might have. He posted just above as "themuse1"

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply

Prev Next