Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, figured that out, but I am trying to jog my memory to which guy he was on the course. I would have asked, "what were you wearing" or "what were you riding" but that could have gotten weird...

Also, meant to say I saw Judex and Burke (not Welch) on my last run lap.
Last edited by: slimfast: May 17, 11 10:03
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [slimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My report - from a 1'st timer.

Last years male 35-39 won in 7:30'ish - I wanted to be sub 7 worst case, sub 6 very best case and not get chicked. Finish with-in 1 digit of the winner was also a goal (i.e. he goes 5:XX, I go 6:XX (5:01 and 6:59 would meet this goal)

1'st run - kept myself in check, very close to goal, only concern was thinking about the downhills for R2 and R3 - it was already slick.
1'st bike - dirt path was a little concerning, 1'st hill - not so bad, 1'st down hill - very scary. After that I expected a much bigger/steeper hill (both up and down), based on the course profile which never came, this was a pleasant surprise. Close to my goal again time, a little high on the watts, hands hurt from the breaks (I think they need to be replaced)
2'nd run - good run - close to goal again, no real issues - downhills were definitely a challenge, warmed up from the bike.
2'nd bike - better than the 1'st for 26 miles, then I started getting pain in my right leg. Kept telling myself, just get to T4 and off the bike, almost crashed on the dirt (mud) path to T4. All in, close to goal again - another success,
3'rd run - through the pavilion, (time has 5:32 (I think) so I drop 30 minutes and I'm at 5:02 - run 5 11 minute miles and I'm under 6. Also hear ML had not finished yet - all is GOOD. Right leg is giving me a little problem, but I've started doing the mileage count down in my head and I'm happy. One of the top 2 female racers and myself go back and forth a little only for her to bury me on the long downhill near mile 3 or 4. Another young guy passes me as well, but I finish in 5:52. Good burgers, good chili, good cookies and I got a small mug. To bad I age up next year.

Overall - It was a success:

The Good,
Didn't crash (always goal #1)
Very close to the individual times I wanted, and better than any of my predictions for the entire race
Finished with the same hour mark as the winner.

The Bad:
Got chicked twice - when you have 2 sons, that race - this is never good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DSC_1406 and DSC_1408 on page 2 of the thumbnails, red/white/blue kit over a black LS jersey.

I passed a guy about a minute into the second down of the final run, are you sort of tall? I flatted on the first bike loop so was playing catchup all day.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am tall, so it was probably me. I was most likely blacked out at that point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I was most likely blacked out at that point."

Heh...it was right as we went by the Aid station for the 2nd time. I was doing an "Anti-Chris G" pass and going as hard as I could without breathing like a freight train, sucking in the gut, etc etc so as to not inspire you to any kind of heroics and remember thinking "no way I'm slowing down to get a drink here."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey KDW, I noticed that Trek of yours out on course. Is that a speed concept P1? I was on my maiden voyage on a new P1 on Sunday. What a $hitty day to christen the new steed. It's still leaking black liquid two days later and that's after I took several parts off to help it dry out.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I am perusing the semi-official results, and I notice that a Mr. Peter Rutherford and a Mr Scott Harrison finished in 6:37:18 and 6:40:04 respectively. That regrettably puts them ahead of my 6:41:20, yet I managed to walk out of the pavilion with a second place mug. It seems like I was destined for a third place mug to complete my set after all. Is there something to be done to correct the situation? I don't recall seeing either one of the other two gentlemen in question during the F1 awards.

While it may have been entertaining to be part of the closest age group finish of the day, it kind of sucks for having spent those 2-3 minutes in the loo at the start of the second run, aaarrgh. Pre-race eating/nutrition was totally goofy and was totally on me.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Natrl DIZZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich,
Mine is a TTX. I've got long legs/short torso, so the TTX is pretty much perfect for me (a better match than the SC) and since everyone else loves the latest/greatest, they were pretty excited to get the ttx out of their shop last Fall. I'm pretty psyched with it, although I "only" hit 49.8 mph compared to Bakker's 51.6...damn aero water bottles put him over the top I think. I'd previously been riding a soloist with a tri-config. It's been a nice upgrade.

Nice Spring for you so far (both AmZof and Boston). Sorry I didn't meet you afterwards, I'll definitely be back next year as a grizzled veteran.

Kyle
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once the results are finalized, anyone feeling that they are owed a prize should contact me.
Anyone who feels compelled to return something may do so but I'm not looking for that.
Slainte!

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for organizing such a cool event! It was a great day, even with the rain, fog and endless mud (and cyclo cross action the second time out of transition). I will definitely be back! Any chance the pictures will be posted online?

John
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [johno2211] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a link to photos of the race:

http://www.flickr.com/...s/72157626616941143/

Enjoy!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goddamn hippies!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! ;-)

I found the solution for next year's look:

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might have been me on the last run. I asked you about mileage, and said we could still break six hours. Sound right? I just wanted to be done at that point!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [bltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep - you were moving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
parkito wrote:
So I am perusing the semi-official results, and I notice that a Mr. Peter Rutherford and a Mr Scott Harrison finished in 6:37:18 and 6:40:04 respectively. That regrettably puts them ahead of my 6:41:20, yet I managed to walk out of the pavilion with a second place mug. It seems like I was destined for a third place mug to complete my set after all. Is there something to be done to correct the situation? I don't recall seeing either one of the other two gentlemen in question during the F1 awards.

While it may have been entertaining to be part of the closest age group finish of the day, it kind of sucks for having spent those 2-3 minutes in the loo at the start of the second run, aaarrgh. Pre-race eating/nutrition was totally goofy and was totally on me.

Interestingly, I left with a third place mug, but according to the results I finished in second place AND in sixth place. Go figure.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [acgnh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I smell a math problem with fractions coming up.

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
The original anti-pasto's trash talk bet from yoda was that he'd be finished before I started the last run. I know I saw ML in my last transition (which ruined my day ;) but yoda was not close to living up to his original drunken prediction. I'm not sure what that really says. Either way, I failed miserably on the last 2 legs of the race.

You are not even in the results. What did it take to get your slow time expunged?
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't really racing. I just did it for fun. I still can't believe the swim was cancelled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should explain my absence from the award ceremonies. In what was probably a somewhat befuddled state, I looked at the preliminary list of finishers and thought I saw parkito listed as finishing almost an hour ahead of me. The fact that I cannot read anything with my contacts in may have also been a cause, or maybe he was one of the finishers listed with his B2 time instead of his finishing time. In any case, thinking that I had been thoroughly trounced, I slunk back to my car and headed home to NJ in disgrace. So I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see the fine showing put on by the over 55 crowd, in the most competitive bracket of the day. There is no need for a RR from me, it is a mirror image of parkito, with each leg of mine within 1 or 2 minutes of yours. My only disagreement is with your complaints about the 24 inch tree across the path. I think there should be more of them. In fact, I believe you were right behind me on R1 and were complaining bitterly about the unfairness of me being able to step over the tree so easily.

In any case, my son Michael and I had a great time (he finished in 5:35 and he will sooner or later be inserted into the results) and will be back next year. He is looking forward next year to avoiding the rookie hazing that required him to climb the Mohonk Hill twice during his first bike lap.

Peter Rutherford
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
parkito wrote:
I smell a math problem with fractions coming up.

Hmmm... I suppose if we just exchanged mugs, that would take care of it. I must say, though, I've already been enjoying the standard size mug. Much more practical. I've already used it multiple times...
The large one from last year mostly just sits on a shelf. A single beer looks kinda forlorn in the bottom of it, and there's not so many occasions to have 36 oz of beer all at once like that.
Last edited by: acgnh: May 17, 11 19:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where were these kinds of questions when I was taking the SAT's??? Thanks for making me question (once again) if I should just suck it up and sit in 9:07hrs of focus groups on paper towels or some other household product with a bunch of over-caffienated women, or torture every muscle in my body for that duration of time all in hopes of winning $500. Obviously I have a fear of 2-way mirrors.....

http://www.true-motion.com
http://Twitter.com/mimiboyle
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [alias18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They don't serve cold beer in BIG HONKIN STEINS after focus groups. You chose wisely.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [alias18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wouldn't be AmZof without our Goddess. Thanks for racing with us again - you continue to amaze.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [acgnh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"and there's not so many occasions to have 36 oz of beer all at once like that."

How about days ending in "Y".....

The one problem I have with the mugs is that if you drink with your right hand, the logo faces you...but I already know how awesome I am...the logo should face out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
"and there's not so many occasions to have 36 oz of beer all at once like that."

How about days ending in "Y".....

The one problem I have with the mugs is that if you drink with your right hand, the logo faces you...but I already know how awesome I am...the logo should face out.

Nice!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next