Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OCD Knee Surgery
Quote | Reply
I recently had surgery on my left knee to replace a broken off lesion due to OCD. Because a piece of bone actually broke off and floated around in my knee, my miniscus was almost completely torn. I was on crutches for 6wks following surgery and am now walking wearing an unloader brace. I still have quite a bit of pain and swelling although my surgeon says I am progressing very well. He is very hesitant to say if I will be able to run again. I also have some degeneration in that knee. I completely lost this tri season and want to continue with my love of triathlon.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Are you running again? Is so how long after surgery before you resumed running? Are you still experiencing pain and swelling?

I would really like to hear from others who have gone through a similar experience.
Quote Reply
Re: OCD Knee Surgery [quicks2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you have been able to continue to recover well. I have recently been diagnosed with OCD in my left knee (11mm lesion/Aug 2020). I am also very active. Running has been a big part of my life as well as skiing, snowboarding, and lots of other things.

Have you been able to get back to triathlons? Running?

Best!

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: OCD Knee Surgery [quicks2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh come on... you all write complete words for everything except what the post is about. What is OCD?
Last edited by: gall1972: Dec 31, 20 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: OCD Knee Surgery [gall1972] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nevermind I goggled it. Just do wallsits ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: OCD Knee Surgery [gall1972] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) is a problem that affects the knee, mostly at the end of the big bone of the thigh (the femur). A joint surface damaged by OCD doesn't heal naturally. Even with surgery, OCD usually leads to future joint problems, including osteoarthritis
Quote Reply