Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more...
Quote | Reply
Maybe I didn't search well but I have been looking for a tool to take measurements especially for bike position and I couldn't find any. So I decided the write one :) Be nice as it's in still in beta and it's only been tested with Chrome.

In top left you can open your own image or video, in the middle you have the drawing tools and on the right you can record/save a video (including the microphone audio).

Let me know what you think, what doesn't work and what features you would want to see.

https://www.obstri.com/fit/

Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [obsessedironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really great tool! I was looking for something like this too and couldn't find it. If it's possible to make it so that you can zoom the area of focus, that might be handy. For instance, I uploaded a quick video to try but would like to zoom the frame in to just the area of me on the bike and cut out the rest of the frame... Loved messing with this!

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [obsessedironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks good but you could be reinventing the wheel.

bikefastfit.com has been available for years.

bikefit.com app

kinovea.org

plenty of spendier options in professional bike fitting.

John
http://fitkitsystems.com
http://www.bikefitr.com
Last edited by: GoBike: Jan 19, 18 18:17
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [GoBike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're probably right :) I just wanted a "simple" version of those tools that can run on the web. I'll keep working on it anyway and see when people lose interest ;)
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [GoBike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoBike wrote:
Looks good but you could be reinventing the wheel.

bikefastfit.com has been available for years.

have to download an app

bikefit.com app

have to download an app

kinovea.org

have to download an app

plenty of spendier options in professional bike fitting.

have to spend a lot of money

yea, not quite the same thing. to the OP - really impressed with your web work and programming. both the ironman results site/integration and this are quite cool.
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks [jkhayc]! I added a "rule" tool last night. You can use it to set a reference distance, and all lines will show their length in the real world.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go ahead and reinvent the wheel - kinda what the industry is :-) But this is pretty awesome. Bike fit industry works in centimeters so keep that in mind. Also, and you may not be going for this, there will need to be an understanding of measuring just one side and why those measurements can be different - thus the need for a range of right. Other than that you've got a great product. Especially, with buy direct coming from all the big brands - really smart move!
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [PennBen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, really appreciate it!

I grew up in Europe so I know a little about centimeters ;) In fact I don't have any notion of unit; you can set a reference number 101 (or 39.8) and the system calculates everything around that no matter if it's cms or inches.

What do you mean by measuring one side and range of right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without writing a dissertation on it, basically there is a "range of right" in bike fit - read up on 51 speed shop website or maybe just google it.

You're probably aware of it you may just not have heard it called that. But, you fit within the range of angles and then adjust to rider choice/comfort with those angles - for example in a road bike fit you'd look for 35-40 degrees of knee angle. As long as the rider is in that 'range' you can work with them to finely tune seat height - again just an example, not the whole process.

With the one side thing, people would just need to be aware that often (almost always) one side will behave differently on the bike - for a bunch of different reasons. So, I guess your system could reconcile that with just user consistency. My guess is you're not going for a wholistic system, just measuring your fit.

All of that said, you don't need my approval :-) Keep crushing it! I think it looks awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [trihawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi [trihawg]! I added a way to move, scale & rotate images or videos. Enjoy :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice
after i complete a image/video with angles etc how do i save it?
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a camera icon next to play/pause for the video. Clearly not obvious enough, I’ll change that :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does the mode button do?
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which one is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The arrow that says select mode, seems to do nothing
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you are that mode you can select one of the elements to then edit it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool program.

obsessedironman wrote:
Thanks [jkhayc]! I added a "rule" tool last night. You can use it to set a reference distance, and all lines will show their length in the real world.

Is it possible to automatically adjust your reference line (eg axle to axle as illustrated) to horizontal? Then hide the number, which gets in the way of the crankset...

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thank you!

This is the free program I was using all of last year. It was posted earlier last year on this forum.
http://trophy-box.com/...fit/perspective.html
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After adding the reference line you can now toggle it by clicking on the the same button you used to create it.

Also once you placed your reference line (or any other helper) you can rotate the image and the angle of the line will adjust. You can then rotate the image until the reference line angle is 0.

Hope it helps.
Last edited by: obsessedironman: Jan 23, 18 17:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just starting to play with Motionsys and have a question about what video files it works best with. I tried uploading a .mov file that was shot on an iPad, and the software seems to get stuck on "converting" the file. What files are easiest for the software to use?
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [dcslim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any video file should work. How big is the file? Could you share that video file via Dropbox or similar, if there is a bug I would like to fix it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure, will PM you with a Dropbox link.
Quote Reply
Re: OBSFIT - Measurement tool for bike position and more... [dcslim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I know what's going on... It's kind of a big file 350MB. I'm fixing the problem and you don't need to send your file.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bug is fixed, it will take around 1min to convert your 350MB file but it should work fine now. Thanks for reporting the problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Outstanding! Thank you very much.
Quote Reply