Prev Next
Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits
Quote | Reply
Insane it is

https://surpasofficial.com/...ctions/men-speedsuit

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing beats the speedo and singlet. keeps the leg tan game strong
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least it’s named appropriately!

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They tricked me with this one. I was on the list to get notified and looking forward to maybe getting one at 500:
https://trimtexstore.com/pages/insane-info-page

"Insane tri suit prices are from 500 Euros.

Final price of your suit depends on customised factors.

When you sign up to pre-order within 6 weeks you wll recieve information via email on the full process including design, cost, payment and delivery date. All suits ordered before end of 2022 will have a delivery of March 2023."
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [ipstefan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ipstefan wrote:
They tricked me with this one. I was on the list to get notified and looking forward to maybe getting one at 500:
https://trimtexstore.com/pages/insane-info-page

"Insane tri suit prices are from 500 Euros.

Final price of your suit depends on customised factors.

When you sign up to pre-order within 6 weeks you wll recieve information via email on the full process including design, cost, payment and delivery date. All suits ordered before end of 2022 will have a delivery of March 2023."

Gustav Iden wears Santini, Sam Laidlow wears Fusion. Much cheaper both.

I only can say that KB looks fatter with his trisuit than without it. I would only pay 500 for a trisuit whichs looks me seems Frodo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
on a totally unrelated note, i wonder why more people aren't getting into triathlon?

weird.

anyway!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The interesting thing is that a fully custom Nopinz suit is less than 600 pounds (say 700 Euro/Dollar). I would rather have a custom made suit out of slightly slower fabric than an 800€ suit that might or might not fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew this would be a good thread, and I haven't been disappointed.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A fool and his money are soon parted...
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waverider101 wrote:
Nothing beats the speedo and singlet. keeps the leg tan game strong

Agree. The sleeves are just dumb.

Get outside and get some vitamin d.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its because triathletes will pay the money, I surf all winter in the northeast with the most technologically advanced rubber made and surf suits are 1/2 the price of tri suits.

Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Its because triathletes will pay the money, I surf all winter in the northeast with the most technologically advanced rubber made and surf suits are 1/2 the price of tri suits.

They could triple their money and market it to cross fit
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:

that is all: the cost is high, because there is a market for buying expensive things.
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:

Here's the current World Champion showing off his full sponsored high end kit (NoBull brand). Pretty sure that's a cotton t-shirt. This is the absolute high end, and it's like $140 shoes, $80 shorts, $40 shirt. Which you could replicate pretty well at Walmart for less than $100 total. There are plenty of things to make fun of about CrossFit, but one thing I really like about it is no one cares what you wear. At all.

Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
jaretj wrote:

Here's the current World Champion showing off his full sponsored high end kit (NoBull brand). Pretty sure that's a cotton t-shirt. This is the absolute high end, and it's like $140 shoes, $80 shorts, $40 shirt. Which you could replicate pretty well at Walmart for less than $100 total. There are plenty of things to make fun of about CrossFit, but one thing I really like about it is no one cares what you wear. At all.

Just think of how much better he could be if there were ceramic bearings and plates in those shoes. For a mere $400 he could be 4% better!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$5000+ Bikes
$500+ TriSuits
$100+ Sneakers

"Do Triathlons" they said..."It'll be fun" they said!
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [Hanginon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw these at Kona, I've ordered an Insane suit, can't afford to get a fully customised design but I am more interested in the technology and performance. Hoping it makes me as fast a Blu, ha. Fingers crossed I didn't just get ripped off and piss my money away.
Last edited by: trimande: Mar 2, 23 12:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know why anyone would keep putting new tri suits on the market since Love The Pain perfected the business model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've often thought there was a low hanging fruit in the chamois (pun intended). The tech exists to make a removable chamois (I believe Frodeno has used one). That seems like a logical thing to do as a first step. Then if you don't need a smaller chamois for the run there's every reason to make one that is as buoyant as you can. Flotation devices are illegal, but a regular chamois is already a marginally effective flotation device. For a non wetsuit swim that's could be very helpful and not cost $1000.
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TomvdS wrote:
The interesting thing is that a fully custom Nopinz suit is less than 600 pounds (say 700 Euro/Dollar). I would rather have a custom made suit out of slightly slower fabric than an 800€ suit that might or might not fit.

but even then a fully custom suit is no guarantee that it's fast on you. I've seen that happen where the custom $1xxx suit got beat by an off the rack roka or tyr or something.

For that sort of cash a suit maker should offer a fast guarantee. It's the fastest or 2nd fastest suit on you or your money back.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree with desert dude on this one.. in our latest podcast with Alex Dowsett he talks about dropping $14k on a suit for the hour record and later learning that it wasn't actually fast afterall.. also we just had a very well known athlete in the wind tunnel only to find that his training bibs/jersey were faster than all 3 of the exotic suits that the sponsor had provided.. they are completely reworking all of if now, but to think that a multi thousand $$ suit could be 3-4 watts slower than a jersey and bibs shows how complicated all of this actually is!

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be fair its probably breaks to about 200 for the suit and 600 for all the turbulators, which I have to admit is pretty decent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the new deboer wetsuit is 1500 eur. It is insane!
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
I knew this would be a good thread, and I haven't been disappointed.

hey, when you go see an old band you don't want to hear the new stuff. you want the greatest hits.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Now we have reached the ‘insane’ level, € 800 - 1000 tri-suits [joshatsilca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joshatsilca wrote:
I totally agree with desert dude on this one.. in our latest podcast with Alex Dowsett he talks about dropping $14k on a suit for the hour record and later learning that it wasn't actually fast afterall..

$14k...ouch. Hopefully triathlon suit makers don't see that and think they've been undercharging.

Having helped in the design of several suits over the last decade I can say it's a lot harder to design a fast suit than one may think.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next