Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Now is your chance to watch real football...
Quote | Reply
I just read an article that Australian Rules Football AFL is one of the only sports being played around the globe still albeit with no crowds that changes the whole atmosphere and is a little strange compared to normal.

Alas anyone looking for some live sport to watch in the US while on the trainer or just in general get on channel FS1 and get introduced to our style of football. If you haven't watched it before I am sure you have no idea what is going on but it is a fast flowing game like basketball with 18 players for each team on the field at a time. If the ball is kicked between the middle big sticks it is 6 points and either side sticks 1 point.

I personally can't watch a US football game as it is foreign to me. Wtf is a down? The few times I've tried it is so stop start that I get bored where as AFL if you get up for a beer you may miss something so I hope anyone looking for sport to watch will enjoy. There should be a game on in just over 3 hours and another straight after. Feel free to ask me any questions and I can try and explain the rules if you need...

Enjoy!

https://www.news.com.au/...acc8f8763cd0661f6661
Quote Reply
Re: Now is your chance to watch real football... [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Itā€™ll give the degenerate sports gamblers something to get down on. Theyā€™ve got to be having major withdrawals these days.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Now is your chance to watch real football... [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Australia the National Rugby League (NRL) and A-league soccer are still going as well, which are also worth a look. I think a lot of Americans may enjoy the NRL. It has similarities to the NFL, but it's a far quicker sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Now is your chance to watch real football... [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha around the world with no idea of the game it and first round of the season it would certainly be a mystery bet...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AFL has just been postponed.
Quote Reply
Re: Now is your chance to watch real football... [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah was inevitable. Just watching the press conference now. Oh well we all have to watch Big Bang Theory reruns for some time it looks like it. Still find it laughable the talk the Olympics will go ahead...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Yeah was inevitable. Just watching the press conference now. Oh well we all have to watch Big Bang Theory reruns for some time it looks like it. Still find it laughable the talk the Olympics will go ahead...

That is very unpatriotic. You should be watching reruns of Kath and Kim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironnerd wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

Gold! LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironnerd wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

Or the 2003 RWC final. šŸ˜
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. Nope.

Everyone involved in that horror show should be herded into an arena and nuked.

Along with their families.

And anyone who watched it and didnā€™t immediately change channels.

And THEIR families.

Canā€™t be too safe with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Now is your chance to watch real football... [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Ironnerd wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

Or the 2003 RWC final. šŸ˜

The thread title is real football!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's really sad. I ca't imagine my life without football anymore. I found online football match results with latest news and soccer live results some time ago. We used to watch super cup semi finals with friends. So entertaining!
Last edited by: WilliG: Mar 27, 20 5:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't Australian Rules Football just Ozzie Handegg?
Quote Reply