Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Novice Cassette Compatibility Question
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a used Felt DA4 with SRAM Red components. The cassette is a 10 speed 11 26. I just picked up an Elite direct drive trainer on sale a Performance Bike that was going out of business but the only cassette I could find for the trainer was a Shimano 11 28. I put the bike on the trainer and it is riding really rough, like it can't find a gear. I know this is a novice question but I assume the reason for that is the fact that the cassettes are different and I would like to ask if that is a correct assumption on my part and I assume the fix for that would be to get another 11 26 for the trainer.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Novice Cassette Compatibility Question [tojunialto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the new Shimano cassette have 10 or 11 cogs?
Quote Reply
Re: Novice Cassette Compatibility Question [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They both have 10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tojunialto wrote:
I recently purchased a used Felt DA4 with SRAM Red components. The cassette is a 10 speed 11 26. I just picked up an Elite direct drive trainer on sale a Performance Bike that was going out of business but the only cassette I could find for the trainer was a Shimano 11 28. I put the bike on the trainer and it is riding really rough, like it can't find a gear. I know this is a novice question but I assume the reason for that is the fact that the cassettes are different and I would like to ask if that is a correct assumption on my part and I assume the fix for that would be to get another 11 26 for the trainer.

Thanks.

Your new trainer has an 11 speed free hub. It should have included an approx. 1.85mm thick spacer that you’ll want to install behind the 10 speed cassette on the trainer free hub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure the spacer is installed behind the cassette and tune your rear derailleur.
Quote Reply
Re: Novice Cassette Compatibility Question [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 to the last two posts.
Shimano and SRAM have the same sprocket spacing, so a Shimano cassette will work. Just make sure that the chain is lining up on the sprockets. Adjust the cable tension as necessary.
Quote Reply