Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet?
Quote | Reply
It looks like more workouts than less. It will be interesting to see where he is in Oceanside, because I'm not convinced he's not trolling a bit. But I completely understood his thinking about losing focus of the process of things - it's easy to do when self coached.

I'm intrigued, but I am sure he's going to be the same force of nature he's been with the exception of the last 6 months...should be a fun year (as usual) to follow Mr. Sanders.

Thanks for the great video again Talbot!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked the Zwift part
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seemed to me that he has thrown half of his good intentions about getting coaches and advisors out of the window again and is doing a lot of it on his own again.. I already thought about it when I saw him reading a book about training in the previous clip. Hopefully whatever he's doing will put him in contention again since it will definitely make the races more exciting!
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have stopped subscribing to his channel and on Instagram....its gotten exhausting with him reinventing the wheel all the time. A few years ago I found it refreshing to see a pro being self coached and the challenges he went through but now it just seems like amateur hour (he's realized that he was really good at planning so he threw that out....his bike was too small/large....he needs to swim more take your pick). He's all over the place....and somehow I still like him (damn now I just ruined everything I said) :) Anyway I can take him doses now. :P

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the gloves on the trainer really necessary?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did he ditch the coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is getting tougher to watch to be honest. It does seem like he is unraveling. If he is trolling, that is one thing. Still not my cup of tea, because I would rather see some authentic human sharing his training and such. If he is not trolling, then it appears that he is just as frenetic as ever with his training. Tough to watch. I met him, I like him, but dang...

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please get a coach that fits you and a physio for mobility and you have your shot at Kona.
Last edited by: cmart: Feb 15, 19 13:35
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess canyon is staying out of that aspect of things?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:
Lionel, please get a coach that fits you and a physio for mobility and you have your shot at Kona.

What leads you to believe he's NOT working with a coach?

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
cmart wrote:
Lionel, please get a coach that fits you and a physio for mobility and you have your shot at Kona.

What leads you to believe he's NOT working with a coach?

Didnā€™t you see him reading a book?
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Feb 15, 19 15:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's a bit out of touch with his own reality, it seems.

"I'm not talented" "I'm just really good at planning" are not two things that I would associate with LS.

I still really enjoy the content, but this one felt much more labored and forced... forced pan shots of the brands he's sponsored by; censored swearing to not offend anyone's sensibilities; extended monologue to emphasize his lionel-ness.

It's a formula, and I guess it worked in that I watched it all and they got to show me three youtube adverts in the process.

What blew my mind was that he expected one of his final test sets leading into oceanside to be 3x30' at 400w on the bike. Even assuming his FTP is around 400, that's a really big workout.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3x30' @ FTP is insane
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Are the gloves on the trainer really necessary?
Oh hells yeah. Those sweaty hands get slippery as f**k on the trainer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One day when you work hard on a trainer you will realize you need gloves. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha I said the same thing. Its so funny because Lionel has addressed he has a coach in 3 videos but some how people believe that reading a book means you dont have a coach. Lionels coach and team actually laugh about this topic now every time someone says "get a coach" lol.

Whats funny to is we live in a world of digital content and if you don't answer someones questions directly they will just say what they want. As the guy commented above without even knowing Lionel has had a coach for MONTHS now and a phisio he is working with but yet they still just comment stuff with no knowledge. Lol oh the world we live in.

I still think Slowtwitch should coach Lionel :)
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Hahaha I said the same thing. Its so funny because Lionel has addressed he has a coach in 3 videos but some how people believe that reading a book means you dont have a coach. Lionels coach and team actually laugh about this topic now every time someone says "get a coach" lol.

Whats funny to is we live in a world of digital content and if you don't answer someones questions directly they will just say what they want. As the guy commented above without even knowing Lionel has had a coach for MONTHS now and a phisio he is working with but yet they still just comment stuff with no knowledge. Lol oh the world we live in.

I still think Slowtwitch should coach Lionel :)

Out of curiosity, do you know what he's doing that's different? I think the reason people assume he doesn't have a coach is because, based on youtube, it looks like he's doing the same stuff as before.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, he still swims, bikes, runs.

Sorry cnr

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talbot, don't get me wrong, I saw he got a coach, I'm watching every video as soon as it's out. I didn't say that I believe he already stopped working with him or anything like that just because he read a book.

Didn't know about the physio though. Either I missed it in the videos or it wasn't in there. Anyway, I think, a good physio could improve him so much. Just a view from the outside when watching his legs go outside on the bike and the hitch in his stride. He has the motor for winning Kona obviously. Also he's a legend and one of the reasons I'm doing this sport.

Keep them videos coming!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you just watch the video this entire sub forum is about? Here go to 1:00 in the video it might help you. I would type out what he said but you can just listen to him your self.
Quote Reply
Re: Nothing on Lionel's newest video yet? [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if its insane (haven't watched the video) but not sure the context OR the value of the session (vs need for recovery)

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Last edited by: Dave Latourette: Feb 15, 19 14:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Did you just watch the video this entire sub forum is about? Here go to 1:00 in the video it might help you. I would type out what he said but you can just listen to him your self.

I actually hadn't seen the video as I don't follow Lionel at all except through the occasional forum post. I was just trying to relay the sentiment I hear from those that do follow him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really impressed with the video production!! Well done!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries man. Kind of sounds like our country. People just speaking without facts or knowledge on a topic. šŸ˜
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This^^^!!!

He talks about form in the pool- He also needs from on the bike.

He should put mirrors up all over the trainer room so he can watch himself pedal- So much side to side movement, so much wasted energy.
He should be trying to emulate the style of his Zwift avatar.
Quote Reply

Prev Next