Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not narrow shoes?
Quote | Reply
I've never considered myself to have wide feet but the last few pairs of new tri shoes I've tried (Bontrager RXL Hilo and LG Tri X Lite) feel significantly narrower than my previous Shimano TR52 and I get hot spots and a bit of burning numbness from my pinky toes being cramped. Unfortunately the newer Shimano shoes don't fit me well (I tried the TR9). I also tried some Sidis and the sucked. I need something comfortable without socks.
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Oct 1, 18 19:23
Quote Reply
Re: Wide tri shoes? [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of threads on this topic. Check out the search function.
Quote Reply
Re: Wide tri shoes? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - I did. Mostly people with actual wide feet. An older regular Shimano fits me fine so I don't really need a wide shoe, just something that isn't narrow. The TR9 actually fits my foot well but the strap doesn't cinch down equally and leave the top loose. I might order some Bont Riot TR out of curiosity. A little heat molding might give me the space I need it if isn't wide enough out of the box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW I've been told that Shimano's generally run wide, and it's holds true for me since I have wide feet.
Quote Reply
Re: Not narrow shoes? [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could try some Northwaves
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Not narrow shoes? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, I've got a pair of tributes that I think are too wide, and I have a pseudo wide foot (fits most normal shoes except narrow ones). I guess mileages does vary!
Quote Reply
Re: Not narrow shoes? [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of the Sidis come in "Mega" sizes which is basically the same as their regular shoe but a bit wider. That's what I use, very comfortable, their regular fit is pretty narrow and I had the same problems as you. Custom moulded insoles also help in terms of eliminating hot spots and ensuring pressure is distributed evenly across your foot.

I've also found Northwave shoes to be good for those of us with slightly wider feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
I might order some Bont Riot TR out of curiosity. A little heat molding might give me the space I need it if isn't wide enough out of the box.
Try before you buy. They do have a very wide toe box. However they usually size short by about 1 size. Also the straps are insanely long. And even at quite elevated temps I could never get any heat softening to occur.

The TR+ version may be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Wide tri shoes? [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
TH3_FRB wrote:
I might order some Bont Riot TR out of curiosity. A little heat molding might give me the space I need it if isn't wide enough out of the box.

Try before you buy. They do have a very wide toe box. However they usually size short by about 1 size. Also the straps are insanely long. And even at quite elevated temps I could never get any heat softening to occur.

The TR+ version may be different.

I've never had luck with Bont's either. Repeated heatings and I could never get them to budge much, and just never felt the carbon tub was comfortable. And if you put in a real insole or orthotic, then the volume is too low.......
Quote Reply